Week 11 - 12/13 - Premier League / Internationals

User

i duno why sterling stopped doing step overs

he was doing it in the nextgen and ressie league

He has been told to keep it simple or else a return to the youth team is on the cards

Nonsense, I was watching Sterling going past man and doing tricks 3 days ago.

I have no idea how you've come up with that but could you tell me if he said the same to Suso as well?

He has been told to keep it simple or else a return to the youth team is on the cards

I have no idea how you've come up with that but could you tell me if he said the same to Suso as well?

Tricks?

:/

Tricks?

:/

What's up with your face?

Tricks/ trickery/ skills - used to beat opponents

When Messi 1st came out and even now certain instances remind me of Lennon..more so when he 1st came on the scene playing RW/LW like when he tore apart Del Horno @ the bridge..Lennon does / did the same thing from wide..

He just hasn't developed his game, but like every1 has said, Azza is still a very good winger

• Downvote 1

When Messi 1st came out and even now certain instances remind me of Lennon..more so when he 1st came on the scene playing RW/LW like when he tore apart Del Horno @ the bridge..Lennon does / did the same thing from wide..

He just hasn't developed his game, but like every1 has said, Azza is still a very good winger

Beg you stop with di sh*t gay nicknames for your gay dreams football players

azza

sheyi

yaou kouassi

proper gayboy u are you c*nt

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Lennon dribbling is predictable

It's not even dribbling

He will face you up and then push the ball on the outside then when he crosses he jumps in the air then the cross hits the 1st man

He still plays the same way now and like he did seven years ago

Has never impressed me

I am more impressed with Neil Lennon

• Downvote 1

Kane

When Yoann Gourcuff departed Rennes to sign for AC Milanin the summer of 2006, it was to prove one of the high points of a career that has spiked and troughed regularly over the following years.

The move to San Siro had him lauded as the successor to Zinedine Zidane, but two years were spent on the fringes of the Rossoneribefore a move back to France, where Laurent Blanc’s Bordeaux found the best of Gourcuff for 18 months before the playmaker slipped into another malaise that he has only recently shown signs of emerging from, despite a €22 million transfer to Olympique Lyonnais.

Somewhat controversially, the 26-year-old, who has suffered of late through injury as opposed to a lack of form, is in Didier Deschamps’ France squad to face Italy on Wednesday night. Revisiting a land in which he suffered so much anguish would seem to offer yet another opportunity for one of the modern day's great ‘yo-yo’ players to get back on top.

The expectation that Gourcuff would follow in Zidane’s footsteps was never something that father Christian, himself a much-respected coach in Ligue 1 with Lorient, foresaw. "For me, in modern day football, the playmakers are in the defensive midfield positions," he explained to Le Footin 2005. "These positions, facing the game, serve as the first launch pad. The future lies in the role there, in the style of great midfielders such as [Fernando] Redondo."

From the start, Gourcuff Jr. was never styled to be ‘Zizou’ but he was not meant to be a marauding figure like Patrick Vieira either, with his father arguing that "technical waste" was a byproduct of too much involvement in the game. Instead, he was designed to be in the Andrea Pirlo mould.

Before Yoann had signed a professional deal with Rennes, clubs such as Arsenal, Valencia and Ajax had tried to swoop.

"We saw immediately that he was a high quality footballer, because he had it all: a sense of the collective game, natural skills, fluidity, ease, intelligence," Rennes academy director Patrick Rampillon said. "He has an extraordinary creative talent."

Gourcuff’s natural abilities have since been cast into the shadow of his overall potential, particularly since the move abroad backfired.

The youngster was considered to be a more private, withdrawn personality than many footballers, and this was to become a major problem with the Rossoneri.

Coach Carlo Ancelotti described him as a “strange lad” in his autobiography, but a more scathing critique would arrive from a former team-mate.

"Gourcuff in Milan was 100 per cent wrong"

- Paolo Maldini

"Gourcuff in Milan was 100 per cent wrong," Paolo Maldini spectacularly revealed to L’Equipe in 2010. "His problem here was his behaviour. He did not show an intelligent way to manage himself. When he played here, he did not want to make himself available to the squad.

"He did not start studying Italian immediately. He did not work. He was not always on time. It happened a lot. [There are] things he cannot say. But he knows what he did."

It has never been revealed why he was so isolated in the national team, though the most probable theories are the cultured nature of his personality or that he was seen as the ‘coach’s pet’ due to his professional attitude to training. National team physio Jean-Pierre Paclet even appeared in the press to suggest that Ribery’s wife, Wahiba, flirted with Gourcuff as an attempt to get back at her husband who had been embroiled in the ‘Zahia scandal’ before the competition.

What is certain is that the World Cup was a miserable experience for the burgeoning player, with a red card against South Africa in the final match completing a miserable chapter in his life.

Confidence broken and physically tired, the move to Lyon took place at the start of the following season. Results were expected immediately from the playmaker as OL looked to re-establish themselves as the kings of France, yet Gourcuff was in no position mentally or physically to play a leading role.

More criticism followed and the prolonged downturn of form was not helped by a series of troubling injuries that prevented him finding any rhythm.

Finally, after more than two years in the doldrums, Gourcuff appears to be rediscovering his touch, aided, ironically, by the fact he was cut from les Bleus squad to play at Euro 2012.

Such has been the remarkable journey his career has taken, it is impossible to judge whether the best of the Brittany-born player will ever be seen again, but if he can be harnessed, there is no doubt that there remains terrific potential.  

Such furtive remarks set in motion a series of rumours, ranging from wild nights out to the sexuality of the young Frenchman.

Yeah Lennon is Mess without the

Vision

First Touch

Close control

Dribbling skills

awarness

goals

assists

technique

mental strengh

imagination

creativity

Movement

He's as much Messi as Brad Jones is Casillas

Messi is going down as one of the GOATS when this is all done, Lennon with god's help would never be that guy.