Guest Chelsea Jack

loosing weight is simple really

just about low carbs and high protein

at the start of the year i was 15.5 stone at 6ft 2, now im just over 13

gunna have to drop down to like 12 if i want abs and all that

The booze n takeaways at uni took their toll on me heavily

if you are a big drinker than i suggest seriously limiting your alcohol intake

for like 2years i was having anywhere from 3-6 cans of beer a night  :|

i wasnt even looking to get smashed it was just a relaxation ting that became a habit

"good fats" still contain fat.

when did I mention calories?

calories are a secondary issue once You deal with the fat content. fat is more of an issue with weight loss than calories

cottage cheese and greek yogurt contain fat - berries, apples and grapes don't contain fat.

1 is clearly better than the other for losing weight.

Juicing your fruit & veg is good for you & weightless but you have this in replacement of a meal.

exactly, but I'm pretty sure replacing bad snacks with it (the OP's actual problem) would be an improvement on the junk he has as snacks?

Lens it's not just about fat consumed.

If you don't burn excess cals, for instance from fruit juice, the fructose will store in your body as fat.

500 cals from apples are no better than 500 cals from cottage cheese.

Infact the 500 cals from cottage cheese is probably better because you get a high amount of protein, apples are basically just carbs, carbs not burnt will store as fat.

some utter garbage being spoken in this thread

man are saying "good fats" >>> fruit sugar? for weight loss? absolute gibberish

man are tryna tell me cottage cheese, pistachios and greek yoghurt ahead of fruit and fruit juice? no way. clueless

pure fruit juice will not cause You to put on weight in any way. if You replace all Your carbonated soft drinks/ "juice drinks" with pure fruit juice You will lose weight

if You replace Your snacks with fruits other than banana and avocado You will lose weight

help me, i oifficially stopped fizzy drinks about a month ago (only drank them like once a  month anyways)

but i just switched to apple juice, are them tesco own brand apple juice bad for me or should i be getting something else?

I'm not in good shape but still. Eating Apples actually gives you negative Calories apparently. The amount in them but the energy you use eating and digesting them goes into the negative. Also dropping 500 Calories per day from your normal take in should make you lose about 1-2lbs a week. Swap Pop and Juice for water too, even better.

man are tryna tell me cottage cheese, pistachios and greek yoghurt ahead of fruit and fruit juice? no way. clueless

pure fruit juice will not cause You to put on weight in any way. if You replace all Your carbonated soft drinks/ "juice drinks" with pure fruit juice You will lose weight

if You replace Your snacks with fruits other than banana and avocado You will lose weight

help me, i oifficially stopped fizzy drinks about a month ago (only drank them like once a month anyways)

but i just switched to apple juice, are them tesco own brand apple juice bad for me or should i be getting something else?

Try and drink NOT from concentrate juices.

help me, i oifficially stopped fizzy drinks about a month ago (only drank them like once a month anyways)

Try and drink NOT from concentrate juices.

Cant even remember what it says ill check when im back home

But its not that super cheap one. Judt some mid range ting

Not worried bout calories, just if theres anything unhealthy about processed juice

Prob take less than 1k calories a day

@ heskey.. No point lookin at scales if youre gyming.. And you wouldnt have to "drop to 12 stone" to see abs if youre putting on muscle while youre losing fat.. Muscle weighs more than fat, im the same weight at 8% bf as i was at 14 but ill lose a few pounds when i drop to 6 cuz the jump from 8 to 6 is quite big and you can only put on soo much muscle mass unless youre roided up

@ lens.. Calories aren't secondary lol,, if your bodies burning 2500 calories, consuming 2300 calories WILL make you lose weight, same way 2700 will make you put on weight..the problem with cuttin is people try to eat as little as possible and if you dont take in enough calories ull lose muscle along with fat, thats why theres no set margin, you have to find what works for your body because everyones different..everything youre saying about fat content seems to makes sense but the body doesnt work like that.. All about calorie surplus and deficit