Jay Z - Magna Carta Holy Grail

Supermalt

TBH, you can stay in a particular sphere of subject matter & still have a particular depth & variety in the way you deliver that.

Jay-Z has always done this well.

It's a criticism that the Clipse/Pusha-T had too.

If you're not a fan or outright don't like him, then why are you even posting or talking about someone?

It's like someone said on Twitter, if you don't like an artist, why are you even checking for his album? Criticism that is constructive is fine but a lot of you nigg*z are just hating for the sake of hating right now.

Why should he turn his back on his current fan base, who buys his music and attends his shows to make music for conscious hip hop fans that hate his music before they've even heard it, hate him as a person and probably think he's part of the Illuminati?

Now I'm sure there's at least 1 million conscious hip hop fans in the US so why isn't every conscious rapper getting platinum plaques. Cause if that was happening it would be common sense for Jay-Z(and everybody else) to rap like Common.

Why should he turn his back on his current fan base, who buys his music and attends his shows to make music for conscious hip hop fans that hate his music before they've even heard it, hate him as a person and probably think he's part of the Illuminati?

Now I'm sure there's at least 1 million conscious hip hop fans in the US so why isn't every conscious rapper getting platinum plaques. Cause if that was happening it would be common sense for Jay-Z(and everybody else) to rap like Common.

cant please everyone, learned this from early. just do whatever you want and let people talk

simplest option

N*ggaz are hating off a TRACKLISTING bro.

LOL.

Not hating discussing

Thats why they release these sort of things early, to stimulate discussion and debate

Your a grown man you should know better then throwing around lines like ''niggas hating''

No we are discussing Jay Z and his new album

:/

No, some people are discussing the album & some people are hating.

Pretty simple concept mate.

Now I'm sure there's at least 1 million conscious hip hop fans in the US so why isn't every conscious rapper getting platinum plaques. 

Maybe because in the last 5 or so years Jay Z switched up his style to this whole bragging thing he has going on with Kanye

How many classic songs or favourite songs or even verses of yours from Jay Z has he released in the last 5 years?

Songs like;

- Empire state of mind

- Dead presidents

- Song cry

- Can't be life

- Meet the parents

- 99 problems

-  D'evills

- Brooklyn finest

-  Big pimping

- Renegade

-  Dirt of your shoulder

And I could carry on listing his classics. Stop talking like the last 5 years is how his whole career has been.

Just because he is not my favourite rapper and I do not look fondly on him as a person, I can't deny he has put out classic albums and songs I still bang weekly and recite verses and hooks from.

That was innovative concepts and lyricism, something he has lacked recently.

If he can't deliver that anymore, thats his choice, but like other great artists who knew they couldn't compete anymore, he should just continue running his label and let the young hungry rappers push boundries.

He got record sales and money from releasing albums because of music like that, people buy his music now normally because it is Jay Z, out of hope or the few just because some people like his new style.

LOL.

Not hating discussing

Thats why they release these sort of things early, to stimulate discussion and debate

Your a grown man you should know better then throwing around lines like ''niggas hating''

Who is hating? and why does what they say constitute hate and not their own personal constructed opinion?

LOL.

Not hating discussing

Who is hating? and why does what they say constitute hate and not their own personal constructed opinion?

Hating is STILL an opinion. The same thing I asked Lahi applies here. If criticism isn't constructive, what else can it be? It can't be neutral, that's for sure, therefore it's negative.

LOL.

Not hating discussing

Hating is STILL an opinion. The same thing I asked Lahi applies here. If criticism isn't constructive, what else can it be? It can't be neutral, that's for sure, therefore it's negative.

''Hating''

Your a better man than that Mike to be using words like that

Giving negative criticism is not ''hating''

Denilson was a shit player for Arsenal

I am not ''hating on him'', he was shit, I'm not jealous of him nor want to be him, I am comfortable within my own life to judge him and his performances

Your debating like a little insecure girl here tbh

Im done, have a good day

• Upvote 1

Lol, so are you saying, that 'hating' doesn't exist & even if it did, I can't highlight that because of my age?

Right...

Criticism isn't hating when it's BALANCED.

The majority of the criticism so far hasn't been. If we were talking about Denilson & you said, he was a shit player, we'd still be having this kind of debate because Denilson did have positive attributes that benefited Arsenal & to call him outright shit isn't correct.

The fact you're making it personal, saying I'm debating like a little girl & trying to get the 'last word' is more indicative of your oestrogen-fuelled debating skills than mine.

In this manila envelope the results of my insanity

Quack said I crossed the line between real life and fantasy

Can it be the same one on covers with Warren Buffett

Was ducking the undercovers, was warring with motherfuckers?

Went from warring to Warren, undercovers to covers

If you believe in that sort of luck your screws need adjusting

In the world of no justice and black ladies on the back of buses

I'm the immaculate conception of rappers-slash-hustlers

My God it's so hard to conceive

But it all falls perfect I'm like autumn is to trees

The doc interrupted, he scribbled a prescription for some Prozac

He said: "take that for your mustard, boy

You must be off your rocker

If you think you'll make it off the strip before they 'Pac ya

Nigga you gotta be psychotic

Or mixing something potent with your vodka

It takes a lot to shock us

But you being so prosperous is preposterous

How could this nappy headed boy from out the projects

Be the apple of America's obsession?

You totally disconnected with reality

Don't believe in dreams

Since when did black men become kings"

Up there with my fav Jay-Z verses from the past 5 years and an example of his lyricism.