How to get signed

Woodpecker

I would imagine getting top 20 on their own they were smart enough to sign something which worked for them.

Having a bit of backing should help push them to the next level aswell.

They may not ever be superstars but they should be able to get a little eat out of music.

I would imagine getting top 20 on their own they were smart enough to sign something which worked for them.

Having a bit of backing should help push them to the next level aswell.

They may not ever be superstars but they should be able to get a little eat out of music.

Get your name buzzing on some level (youtube, aka, 1Xtra, whatever)...

Get a manager, for them it was Vash, that can get label meetings and their ear...

Get stalled by the label... "we really like it but we just not sure"

Go away again... Buzz again, go back and get told "look we really like but just not sure if it crosses to sales, if you can chart I can get everything drawn up"

Go away and chart (top 30, top 20 even better)...

Get signed...

Pick a new single... Have the record serviced by the label...

Now if it does better than your previous effort (chart number wise) you probably should be good...

But if it doesn't... Well you might find yourself on that shelf with some others.

My point is a lot of these atists aren't earning leverage for a better deal or the right deal, they doing it to simply get the deal and for me thats a problem and this aint about Krept & Konan per say.

I hear that, this should get them on some of the bigger festivals, defo more on radio, they will grab more fans so if they get dropped they should still be in a better position than they in now audience wise.

They know the independent game so they will know how to use the added fanbase, they shouldn't be loosing from this either way imo.

• 5 months later...