January Speculation/Transfer Thread 2013/2014

Mame Biram Diouf

Matic re-signing isn't such a problem for me, it's not like it was Jose that sold him and this is an obvious mourinho player

Part funded by the imminent release of KDB and making way for Essien to go

Will hopefully push mikel back a place in the starting 11 and add ariel support in both attack and defence.

Welcome from me.

Mikel deserves more respect

How is this any different to Barcelona re-signing Alba, Fabregas or Dortmund resigning Reus or United wanting Morrison/Pogba back?

It's not just cause it's Chelsea it will cause outrage.

Matic re-signing isn't such a problem for me, it's not like it was Jose that sold him and this is an obvious mourinho player

Part funded by the imminent release of KDB and making way for Essien to go

Will hopefully push mikel back a place in the starting 11 and add ariel support in both attack and defence.

Welcome from me.

Mikel deserves more respect

Can't wait to see Matic and Mikel starting together.

randy_marsh_jizz.jpg

• Downvote 3

In-demand St Etienne defender Kurt Zouma claims he has been contacted by Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho.

The 19-year-old centre-half has long been linked with a switch to Stamford Bridge, and the Blues appear to have stepped up their chase.

Zouma is not expected to be on the move in January, but claims to have an agreement with his current employers which will allow him to take on a new challenge in the summer.

It could be that he heads for England, with the youngster admitting that he would jump at the chance to join a Premier League heavyweight.

He told L'Equipe on the Chelsea links: "A phone call from Mourinho? It is true, there was contact a month ago.

"At first I thought it was a joke. When a great man like Jose Mourinho contacts a small player like Kurt Zouma, that offers great pride.

"If I was told to join Chelsea, I would go immediately. It will be down to the coach, though, to make the call."

Zouma, who has also been heavily linked with Serie A giants Inter Milan, added: "In Italy it is much more tactical. That helps you to improve a lot. In England it is much more physical.

"But I won't necessarily make a decision based on the league. It will depend on how much I will play, the coach and the group. I will take my time.

"I want a change. That is the agreement we have. I am playing my third season in Ligue 1 and it is the right time to go somewhere else.

"Going abroad will be make or break, but that is a risk worth taking."

Fuck off man

That customary 1 appearance a season by another Chelsea fan.

See you again in May.

Posts like this is why I don't post In this room.

Reus left Dortmund for free and was bought back

Pique and Fabregas were both bought back

No one said Dortmund or barca are jokes of clubs.

I understand the Chelsea hate bandwagon but at least let it be valid. Had to post about this one.

I agree mikel is good but do we really think he's ever gonna be allowed to play a more advancing role for Chelsea? No.

• Upvote 1

Reus, Fabregas and Alba came through the academys from children and either choose to leave or were let go to get first team football

You signed one of Europes best young prospects, didnt develop him, saw the next big thing coming and swapped Matic for Luiz, now Benefica who actually develop their players have made him be on his way to reaching his potential you paying 20+ mill to buy him back

Same with all the other young players you signed and ruined/tried to ruin

With Pogba, he left on a free transfer because the previous manager let his ego and old boys get in the way, 

Even with Ravel he came through the youth system, Fergie thought it better to get him out of Manchester for a few years at least, try and salvage his potential, if we buy him back its because we think he is mature enough to resist getting back in with the wrong crowd

So yes its different, very different

You went out your way to exchange last years fashion with this years fashion

Thats why you are

Rsonist, on 15 Jan 2014 - 6:12 PM, said:

Such a f*ckin sh*t stupid club

• Upvote 10
  • Downvote 1

In-demand St Etienne defender Kurt Zouma claims he has been contacted by Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho.

The 19-year-old centre-half has long been linked with a switch to Stamford Bridge, and the Blues appear to have stepped up their chase.

Zouma is not expected to be on the move in January, but claims to have an agreement with his current employers which will allow him to take on a new challenge in the summer.

It could be that he heads for England, with the youngster admitting that he would jump at the chance to join a Premier League heavyweight.

He told L'Equipe on the Chelsea links: "A phone call from Mourinho? It is true, there was contact a month ago.

"At first I thought it was a joke. When a great man like Jose Mourinho contacts a small player like Kurt Zouma, that offers great pride.

"If I was told to join Chelsea, I would go immediately. It will be down to the coach, though, to make the call."

Zouma, who has also been heavily linked with Serie A giants Inter Milan, added: "In Italy it is much more tactical. That helps you to improve a lot. In England it is much more physical.

"But I won't necessarily make a decision based on the league. It will depend on how much I will play, the coach and the group. I will take my time.

"I want a change. That is the agreement we have. I am playing my third season in Ligue 1 and it is the right time to go somewhere else.

"Going abroad will be make or break, but that is a risk worth taking."

f*ck off man

What's the problem?

He's just another player for them to buy and probably loan out to add to the other talented players they're stockpiling. They're not even content with just buying established talents they don't need these days, they want to hoover up prospects as well.

Bane, it all comes down to all these youngsters not having a chance due to restricted playing time because of established players.

You can put a negative spin on Pogba situation, the Fabregas/Pique/Alba situation, hell even the Spanish youngster playing for Madrid at RB.

The general gist is the same IMO.

EVERTON RIBEIRO'S agent has revealed Cruzeiro have rejected an £8.3million bid from a Premier League side.

The Brazillian playmaker, 24, has been linked with a number of Premier League sides - most notably Manchester United who are desperate to recruit an attacking midfielder - as well as Liverpool.

And it now seems that one Premier League club has taken the next step in bringing the talented youngster to England.

The player's agent, Robson Ferreira said: "We did bring a 10million euro [£8.3m] offer to Cruzeiro for Everton Ribeiro but we won't reveal the club in order not to affect the negotiations.

"We presented the offer to Cruzeiro, we talked and we will schedule another meeting within the next days."

Regardless of their initial rejection, Cruzeiro may have to resign themselves to losing their star man, who has previously hinted at a move abroad saying: "I feel I am ready to play in any part of the world."

David Moyes would certainly be interested by the versatility of the player who claims he can play "in any part of the midfield."

Any side bidding for Ribeiro's signiture will face a unique transfer obstacle, as he is only 60% owned by his club Cruzeiro, with the 40% belonging to a third party.

Ribeiro has netted an impressive 15 goals in just over a year to help Cruzeiro win just their third Brazillian title in over 50 years.

EVERTON RIBEIRO'S agent has revealed Cruzeiro have rejected an £8.3million bid from a Premier League side.

The Brazillian playmaker, 24, has been linked with a number of Premier League sides - most notably Manchester United who are desperate to recruit an attacking midfielder - as well as Liverpool.

And it now seems that one Premier League club has taken the next step in bringing the talented youngster to England.

The player's agent, Robson Ferreira said: "We did bring a 10million euro [£8.3m] offer to Cruzeiro for Everton Ribeiro but we won't reveal the club in order not to affect the negotiations.

"We presented the offer to Cruzeiro, we talked and we will schedule another meeting within the next days."

Regardless of their initial rejection, Cruzeiro may have to resign themselves to losing their star man, who has previously hinted at a move abroad saying: "I feel I am ready to play in any part of the world."

David Moyes would certainly be interested by the versatility of the player who claims he can play "in any part of the midfield."

Any side bidding for Ribeiro's signiture will face a unique transfer obstacle, as he is only 60% owned by his club Cruzeiro, with the 40% belonging to a third party.

Ribeiro has netted an impressive 15 goals in just over a year to help Cruzeiro win just their third Brazillian title in over 50 years.

Who is this? Lool never seen that name ring before
  • Upvote 1

I dont think you can compare Fabregas/Pique to Matic tbh.

Chelsea had a need in midfield, which Matic is equipped to solve.

It wasn't luxury purchase.

I'd argue if he had no history at Chelsea they'd be looking at him anyway.

What's the problem?

I'd argue Fabregas going back to Barcelona was worse.

£20m is a steal anyway.

was reading some speculation about how Benfica had budgeted to reach the knockout stages of the Champions League and chose to not sell in the summer for this reason

that gamble obviously failed but at least they owned 100% of Matic

Tottenham Hotspur will listen to offers this month for Etienne Capoue, who has fallen from favour under the new manager, Tim Sherwood.

The France international, who joined from Toulouse for a fee rising to £11m last August, has said that he loves the passion of the English game. But it has been made clear to him that he is at the bottom of Sherwood's midfield pecking order and he may benefit from regular football elsewhere, particularly as he looks to force his way into France's World Cup squad.

Nacer Chadli's agent, meanwhile, says that his client wants to leave Tottenham in order to protect his World Cup ambitions with Belgium. Chadli, like Capoue, was signed in the summer and has failed to hold down a starting place. His agent, Daniel Evrard, said: "The World Cup is arriving so it's a problem."