''Allah Says I Should Sell Them''

Mame Biram Diouf

Nigeria needs to be split between north and south according to one Nigerian I talk to who hates muslims.

was lolling hard when afroman was tryna say nigerians dont like muslims

obviously a blanket statement like that can never be right, but there aint no love lost

There's been a spate of young female suicide bombers in Nigeria recently. Looks like Boko Haram are kidnapping these girls and forcing them to become suicide bombers. They are a cancer that needs to be removed. The UK should be helping the Nigerian gov deal with them

lol u know when an internet persona/trolling goes too far and becomes silly and uninteresting, yea.

There's been a spate of young female suicide bombers in Nigeria recently. Looks like Boko Haram are kidnapping these girls and forcing them to become suicide bombers. They are a cancer that needs to be removed. The UK should be helping the Nigerian gov deal with them

lol u know when an internet persona/trolling goes too far and becomes silly and uninteresting, yea.
I'm being serious and that wasnt even supposed to be some anti Muslim comment. Either you think I'm making this up or do you slyly think that kidnapping girls and forcing them to become suicide bombers is acceptable?

He was telling me that the president wont go to the area because he will be killed. Saying he has no power in the north so he says to split the country.

Is it really that bad? That's like David Cameron not being able to go Bradford

That's exaggerated.

Considering the presedential home is up north..

However many have called for the country to split. Not Muslim vs Christan. Before bono and co for have a fit on here.

Its just the 3 main tribes.

Can never happen anyway.

• 5 months later...

564169457.jpg

Eight months is a long time. Long enough for international outrage to rise, fall and fade away. That's how long it's been since Boko Haram militants stormed a secondary school in the northeastern village of Chibok in Nigeria, abducting more than 200 still-missing teenage girls.

A global Twitter campaign — #BringBackOurGirls — caught fire with the help of First Lady Michelle Obama, former Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton, British Prime Minister David Cameron and, most important, millions of global hashtag activists.

But since then we have felt tremors as Russia annexed Crimea, as Islamic State gained ground and as Ebola did its deadly work in West Africa. All of this turned the attention of world leaders, citizens and the media away from the 219 abducted Nigerian girls.

Meanwhile, international efforts to recover the girls failed, including several rounds of negotiations to exchange the girls for Boko Haram fighters held in Nigerian jails.

But can Bring Back Our Girls overcome time and the cynicism it breeds? After some 4 million tweets, the 219 girls have not been rescued. So what's the point, right?
Wrong. Remember, until a social-media savvy Nigerian lawyer, Ibrahim Abdullahi, came up with #BringBackOurGirls, there had been little coverage of the abductions. When Abdullahi heard former World Bank Vice President Obiageli Ezekwesili say "Bring back our girls" in a speech, he echoed the phrase on Twitter, and the demonstrators amplified it at Unity Fountain and online. Finally their cry was heard.

Had it not been for that social media campaign would anyone outside Nigeria know about the Chibok girls? Would the story have lasted more than one news cycle in the West? Would you be reading this now?

It's time to remind a distracted world that Boko Haram must be defeated. Social media won't return the girls, but the world's attention can help. It's time to stand again with the demonstrators at Unity Fountain. Make this your 2015 resolution: I will #RememberOurGirls.

And, in case you're wondering, it's been 269 days since they were abducted.

• Upvote 1