BBC 1XTRA Names The Most Influential Artist in Black and Urban Music in the UK

Mame Biram Diouf

What make you think the founders would sell it you mug

Stop talking shit

Question: if Ed Sheeran wasn't on that list, would we care as much? I probably wouldn't have.

I think it's the fact he is top that is inciting so much anger.

I was thinking if disclosure came top, could anyone deny their influence over the last 2 years?

• Upvote 1

it shouldnt be a problem of white, it should be what type of white

loefah is a white man but u cant deny his influence on dubstep

which is a very urban type of music in how it sounds and who it originally appealed to

sam smith n rita ora are white but their music imo has very little to do with 'urban' environments/peope

Question: if Ed Sheeran wasn't on that list, would we care as much? I probably wouldn't have.

I was thinking if disclosure came top, could anyone deny their influence over the last 2 years?

People would still be asking questions as the list and the order of the list raises questions but it wouldn't have been insulting no.

I agree, that's certainly what did it for me.

Thing is I'm a fan but feel like putting him at the top is simply an insult to the rest of the scene.

I also feel like garage/house could have a bit more acknowledgement than just Disclosure, though arguably that list (minus Ed) would probably be the most well known names among my urban scene following peers

FAAAA rinse fm is  white washed. 

Used to listen every fridays to Stamina. He ran this black phone in show that used to run into early hours of saturday morning. It was sick. Callers were dropping the real uncensored stuff. 

Imagine a station that combined with an Uncensored Black call in show. Unsigned artist show. A BLACK station only. STRICTLY. If you think its racist. Tuff! Because we will be racist like the arabs and turks that stick together when selling phones and repairs. But we have sold out so much that if white people wanted to come in, we would be labelled as racists. We cant win anything of our own.

Come off it lad, how you expecting there to be a BLACK only station?

nobody would turn up on time for their sets ffs.

Come off it lad, how you expecting there to be a BLACK only station?

nobody would turn up on time for their sets ffs.

LOL True

Well it will have to be a highly organized station. Put up a sign in capital letters "NO COONIN". Make No Coonin hats for everyone to wear just to remind them.

If the former is correct the list would hold some truth but at the same time Ed Sheeran apart from 1 or 2 tunes and his appearances on sbtv doesn't really do Black Music.

Jessie J doesn't do black music, she is a pop artist.

Rita Ora is primarily a pop artist.

True, but aren't Tinie, Dizzee and Wiley all pop artists now?

Plus Rita Ora is so influential she made Ricky say "on that lean you know I fuck her fantastic, work white as Rita Ora in that plastic" SHE MADE IT! Lol.

If the former is correct the list would hold some truth but at the same time Ed Sheeran apart from 1 or 2 tunes and his appearances on sbtv doesn't really do Black Music.

Jessie J doesn't do black music, she is a pop artist.

Rita Ora is primarily a pop artist.

True, but aren't Tinie, Dizzee and Wiley all pop artists now?

Plus Rita Ora is so influential she made Ricky say "on that lean you know I fuck her fantastic, work white as Rita Ora in that plastic" SHE MADE IT! Lol.

trust

the way the lines have been blurred between r&b and pop makes things a non argument

really n truly i only have a problem with about 4 names on the list, sheeran being one of them n dizze as well

but any1 with half an understanding of the way the music industry works should know its political 

n besides who the fuck listens to radio to keep up to date with music in 2014

the music landscape changes quickly in london

whether grime dubstep funky or house rinse has always kept up to date

geenus has been criticised for his build n destroy policies but it's part of the main reason they've been so successful 

• Upvote 2

its a shame they gave in and made the daytime shows such playlisted trash, they were the ones for work, now its a podcast job.

its crazy how the rinse playlist pre empted capital and 1xtras 

they deserve a lot of credit for altering the pop music landscape as well though its arguable some people won't acknowledge it due to their pirate origins

the lack of speaclism is a bit dead but i only tune in to radfords and like 3 other shows anyway

its crazy how the rinse playlist pre empted capital and 1xtras 

they deserve a lot of credit for altering the pop music landscape as well though its arguable some people won't acknowledge it due to their pirate origins

the lack of speaclism is a bit dead but i only tune in to radfords and like 3 other shows anyway

2:31, tom shorterz, dappa, able, kismet, shadow child, supplier all big shows too

checked a leftwing & kody podcast last week that was kinda hard too

will have to check out that 2:31 show

thats the kinda jackin bassline sound right?

kismet n able r the other shows i regularly listen to

will have to check out that 2:31 show

thats the kinda jackin bassline sound right?

kismet n able r the other shows i regularly listen to

mainly deep house with a sprinkle of bass house and garage

• Upvote 1

pos

gna check that out later on

Kismet was killing it Saturday night.