The Islamic Caliphate

Guest luckstar

Forget what Romans or European Christians used as an inspiration to invade other lands. Forget what IS are doing in the middle east right now. But compare the 2 people those Religions are based on and what they themselves did, and I think you will find a bit of a contrast between who represented peace and who did not.

Forget what Romans or European Christians used as an inspiration to invade other lands. Forget what IS are doing in the middle east right now. But compare the 2 people those Religions are based on and what they themselves did, and I think you will find a bit of a contrast between who represented peace and who did not.

This is a matter of geography. Time and space. When and where are you talking about? You mentioned Roman/Christian Europe but what about Islamic Europe?

Moorish Spain - Andalucia, Granada, southern Spain - was incredibly tolerant and advanced compared to Christian northern Spain. The Christians got jealous and overran the place, turned mosques into churches.

Back then Islam was the progressive new kid on the block, swaying hearts and minds with arts, poetry and science. Facts.

Gambino have you read the Quran or any significant number of Hadith?

No I'm not really into fiction to the point where I want to sit and read the book. I've never sat and read the bible whole. If I'm wrong about him invading Mecca with force then do correct me. Every time the question is asked people avoid answering from my experience. What them quotes about striking fear into the hearts of non believers? Is that in the book?

This is a matter of geography. Time and space. When and where are you talking about? You mentioned Roman/Christian Europe but what about Islamic Europe?

Moorish Spain - Andalucia, Granada, southern Spain - was incredibly tolerant and advanced compared to Christian northern Spain. The Christians got jealous and overran the place, turned mosques into churches.

Back then Islam was the progressive new kid on the block, swaying hearts and minds with arts, poetry and science. Facts.

I tried to avoid discussing what it's followers do and concentrate on the men themselves as they are supposed to be these divine beings who set the example. Plus you talk about humans in Europe who were capable of Art, Poetry and Science without the help of any Religion. And did they seek out Islam or were they invaded by it? My Don Charles Martel would argue that since he and his army stopped their millitary invasion into the rest of Europe.

Now I understand why you're unable to articulate yourself particularly well in these discussions, you're just repeating something you heard someone else say and liked the sound of.

Nothing wrong with taking time to educate yourself before you talk and look stupid.

So you don't think the Quran is objectively a violent book? It doesnt describe muhammud beheading jews when they refused to convert to Islam? Or discusses the subordination of non believers to Muslims? Or glorify spreading Islam by force? Because that's what I read.

In b4 you have to read it in Arabic

If you're able to explain these things in a different way then I'm happy to listen. But the overall gist from what I have read of the Koran is an obsession/jealousy of Jews, disdain for "non believers" and general justification for violence as long as it's "for islam".

• Upvote 1

Now I understand why you're unable to articulate yourself particularly well in these discussions, you're just repeating something you heard someone else say and liked the sound of.

Nothing wrong with taking time to educate yourself before you talk and look stupid.

Where better to educate myself than to ask the people here who dedicate their lives to it.......... And when I ask them a question I get plain faces, No not answering, No not biting. Why? Because it's too hard to explain what I said is not true or because you don't want to admit that it has a violent history?

So you don't think the Quran is objectively a violent book? It doesnt describe muhammud beheading jews when they refused to convert to Islam? Or discusses the subordination of non believers to Muslims? Or glorify spreading Islam by force? Because that's what I read.

In b4 you have to read it in Arabic

If you're able to explain these things in a different way then I'm happy to listen. But the overall gist from what I have read of the Koran is an obsession/jealousy of Jews, disdain for "non believers" and general justification for violence as long as it's "for islam".

Going by what youve just said, it seems you're reading the Quran through a 3rd party site, or you're reading quotes and going directly to the page its from to read further. Pick up a Quran and read from the very start to the finish, for large parts you will just read about the belief of god, family/marriage/finance sort of stuff, charity etc etc with the only 'violent' content being generally just non-believers going to hell or sinners suffering a horrible fate.

You could drop violent quotes and ill bring whole verses and pages to give it better context but it wont make any difference, fact of the matter is peaceful content far outweighs violent content but that doesnt suit your anti-islamic rhetoric.

I'll therefore revert back to the lahi stance and not give you and gambino the time of day.

• Upvote 3

Time Bomb did Mohammed invade Mecca with an Army?

:/

there a ethiopian jew leader tried to destroy Mecca with a army of elephants but they got disintegrated by birds who cast fire and brim stone. before they got to the kaaba

where do you get these questions from?

why would he invade the place of worship?

stop asking people these dumb questions and use google ffs

I think the biggest contention against the Quran is Mohammad. To be honest Quran - Mohammad + Jesus = Bible equivalent.

Most Islam reformist start with the character of Mohammad vs Jesus.

So dishonest of Muslims to pretend there isn't a problem here.

wtf you talking about

who pits jesus and mohammad against each other?

its just disputed that jesus is half God half mortal. he is merely mortal just like mohammad and the rest of the prophets.

how can God be God when his "son" was out here. kinda contradicts the mightiness of God

I did... I found the Conquest of Mecca on Wikipedia from the Islam Portal.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conquest_of_Mecca

Did you even read that ?

• Upvote 1

Did you even read that ?

Skimmed through it, seen Mohammed was involved in storming Mecca with his boys, slight casualties to the Muslims, only beef in one part. I'm sure it's very peaceful in your eyes that they only killed a certain amount of dudes, I'm just struggling to remember Jesus rolling on guys with any army though.

Did you even read that ?

Skimmed through it, seen Mohammed was involved in storming Mecca with his boys, slight casualties to the Muslims, only beef in one part. I'm sure it's very peaceful in your eyes that they only killed a certain amount of dudes, I'm just struggling to remember Jesus rolling on guys with any army though.

:/ pretty sure jesus kept slaves

care to elaborate