Ander Herrera

Mame Biram Diouf

Hes improved a lot under lvg

But clear van gaal really did not rate him at all at the start of the season

Hopefully he can continue to learn under lvg and maybe play a more disciplined role and not be cesc 2.0

'I said that to him again in yesterday's training session, and then I kissed him at half-time because he had controlled the ball for the first time in his life and then he shot.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

the 25-year-old has revealed he has been forced to adapt his game under the former Barcelona boss after initially incurring his wrath for not waiting to be given possession by his team-mates.

"We keep our distance. He seems to be a good guy, with a character that strikes you from the first moment, but he has a good background," he told El Pais.

"He likes discipline and does not believe in egos in the dressing room, but that everybody are equal under his rule. And with me he talks about what he wants from me.

"He loves possession and he doesn't like being at risk of losing the ball. He wants long stretches of possession and keeping the ball because he believes spaces are created that way because the team has the quality to find them.

"In fact, at the start he was angry at me because I was trying to get the ball, because I always wanted to have it. And no, I must wait."

Herrera was also asked to compare Van Gaal with former Athletic coach Marcelo Bielsa, and claimed the current Marseille manager was far more attack-minded.

He admitted, though, that current Athletic manager Ernesto Valverde is the most balanced coach he has played under and praised his ability to maintain a happy dressing room.

Asked if Van Gaal and Bielsa were opposites in their philosophies, he said: "In attack yes because Van Gaal believes in numerical advantages on the wings, in triangles, in not running with the ball. And Bielsa linked to have the ball to attack.

"But he believes in the player's movement, beating the lines and breaking into the space. In fact, we knew of Bielsa that his perfect goal was one that arrives from a cross from a ful-back and the other full-back shoots. He liked to attack with six or seven.

"But yeah, Van Gaal and Bielsa are masters of the ball. Although for me Valverde is the most balanced coach because he knew when to attack and how to do it according to the opposition and the pithces. Also he is the best in man management because everybody was involved, participated and happy.

"And I don't forget about [Javier] Aguirre [Herrera's coach at Real Zaragoza], who was most focused on the result but still was attacking because he always wanted to win. Or [Luis] Milla [Herrera's coach for Spain U21s]. I feel very fortunate because none of those gambled and I like attacking football."

So LVG likes teacher's pets and slow build up play, hates risk takers, dribblers and guys that wanna get on the ball and make things happen quickly. No wonder certain man have been banished for weeks, loaned out or sold. #LVGOUT

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
HERRERA AND MOURINHO AGREE ON POSITION
Ander Herrera has revealed to MUTV that a conversation with new Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho led to his deeper position in central midfield, with both agreeing he could be an “important player” this season.

The 27-year-old Spaniard started last Sunday’s 3-1 win at Bournemouth as a combative deep-lying midfielder and earned plenty of his praise for his performance at the Vitality Stadium, with Reds legend Gary Neville even naming him his personal Man of the Match on Twitter. During an interview withMUTVahead of Friday’s match with Southampton, Herrera was pleased with his display.

“I had to do a different role in the team and I think I can be important there for the manager,” Ander explained. “I have spoken with the manager and we are agreed with that, that I can be an important player for the team and that I can help the team in that position. I think I can win a lot of balls back for the team. My instinct is to try to win the ball back for the team as quickly as possible.

“I felt really, really good and not only with the ball, but also without it. The team was very compact, you can feel that always you are pressing the ball when you have two or three team-mates close to you, helping you, so I want to keep doing the same and helping the team."

Herrera also spoke about how much the team has already improved this season and outlined how Mourinho had instructed the players to beat Bournemouth by several goals so that United could sit at the top of the Premier League after the first round of fixtures last weekend.

“I feel that the level of the team has gone up,” he said. “I think we can get good things together, we can do something important this season, not only because we have won the last two games. I think if you can see our training sessions every day you feel something special, everyone is happy, we want to play as quickly as possible, we want to keep winning games, we want to be top of the table.

“I remember before the game against Bournemouth, the manager said if we score one goal we have to try to score the second goal because we want to be top of the table right now. So that’s a good mentality I think. But of course we have to keep our feet on the floor because the season is long.”

Looking forward, Herrera is relishing the prospect of playing alongside new signing Paul Pogba, a player he has a lot of admiration for. “I think he’s a top player, maybe one of the best five players in the world that we have with us so it’s very important. He can recover the ball, he can shoot on goal, he can dribble and he can defend so he has everything. We are so lucky because we have him.

"When you think about the best players in the world they are very good but maybe they are very good at specific things. But Paul is good at everything so we are going to enjoy him. As a midfielder I will feel very good if I have the chance to play with him."

• 1 month later...

Felix 

• Upvote 1

Probably his best game so far.

If this is the formation we are going with then Ander is the best man for the job along side Pogba. Has the legs to get around the pitch ( Carrick doesn't) and when he wins the ball back he can play key passes ( Morgan can't do this )

Played for some big coaches and he has always been a key player. Lets see if Jose sticks with him.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wayne Rooney needs a change of scenery to revive his career and would be a useful signing for Arsenal or Chelsea, according to Harry Redknapp.

The England captain's form has come under scrutiny this season and he has started Manchester United's last three matches on the substitutes' bench.

Redknapp, however, believes Rooney could "tip the balance" for one of the Red Devils' Premier League rivals if he was given a fresh start away from Old Trafford.

"He's suffered with his form and I hope he revives himself at Old Trafford but if not a change of scenery could do him good," Redknapp wrote in the Evening Standard.

He added: "It was a different level to Wayne, of course, but Paul Merson transformed Portsmouth for me. He arrived back in 2002, the lads loved him and he was a good player given a fresh test of his character.

"There are certain players who thrive off that and Wayne might just need a new challenge.

'Ronaldo the real problem for Real Madrid'

"He would be a great signing for a couple of seasons and could have a major impact on a Premier League club. He could tip the balance for a top-four team if United were to let him go.

"I’d take Wayne at Arsenal or Chelsea and he has to play as a No.9 or 10 — midfield isn't for him yet."

:lmao:

Harry>>>>

They need to give him the england job, would be sick.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/28/2016 at 2:27 AM, Mame Biram Diouf said:

You prefer him dm or cm? 

CM

But he's had to learn the DM role and he's taken to it well imo.  I was wrong. Carrick playing behind and Pogba just ahead is our best midfield but Morgan/Felli should not be on the pitch.

Our best midfielder. Will be even better IF Bastian can come back and rotate with Carrick. Allows Ander to make that spot his own.

• 1 month later...