Calais

kerser

english folk dont wanna clean toilets and pick veg, this is no secret

I don't see any truth in this like it's below them, happy to clean shitty sewers

If the wages were right I'm sure many would jump at the opportunity to work

If the wages are right? The people that currently do these jobs bar picking veg.. do so at minimum wage rates. This is the lamest and dumbest excuse i hear usual no hoper, lazy , can't adapt to change types scream about. As if every immigrant into the country wants to clean loos..as if all immigrants work in construction.

Tell me how Patriska from Poland working in pret and Starbucks while studying for her degree or masters is pushing down the price of work? Those are companies that must employ at minimum wages. Furthermore, Most of the true immigration into the country is along those lines. .of them working legally for legit companies who must pay minimum wages.

These lot in calais are a common problem yes but account for a very small percentage of immigration.

So if James and Tyrone can't get a job in 99p stores or premier Inn or macdonalds is cos they're too f*cking lazy. And want to use that minimum wage salary to buy an xbox1, drive a car, go to get pissed in marbella, and come and post on instagram talking about the £120 trainers they have.

That is their barrier to getting and keeping a job that can improve their long term employment prospects not any immigrant.

Some decent points but just because they are paying minimum wage It don't mean wages are not lowered to this level when should be higher

We saw this with the building trade were wages are being driven down, it happens in certain sectors and is spreading to others, it don't happen over night but over a period of time

There are lazy people who won't work either way regardless of pay, they are bums who need to do some sort of work

• Downvote 3

Lolz at them Calais 'migrants' takenn yerrrr jerb.

If that's the case for you, you need to fix up your life mate.

Not the case for me but could be in a good few years time when they are after your job but I'm sure your happy to work harder for less

Imagine being replaced by someone who's just come to the country on foot from Africa. Has no paperwork. And can't speak the language. :lol: :lol:

i aint a duk ur derrr  guy

but say your not the brightest spark and your doing a low paid "un skilled job" en employer will have one of this lot over you in a heartbeat

i know women running cleaning firms, who are paying affs about 3.50 an hour

an englishman wouldnt stand for that as they know its not on.  someone who is new to the country and doesnt speak the language will do it.

its fucked man.  but people wanna blame the people doing these jobs when its the bosses exploiting them who are the cunts

• Downvote 1

The sole reason that runs is because they are illegal immigrants.

Running a business model based on slave labour from illegals is not sustainable, which is what you've just described. Whilst I agree it happens, it's not something that should worry anyone who is a legal citizen of this country.

If you're tryna say you can't get work as a cleaner or whatever it may be because illegals have pushed wages down to slave labour levels you are chatting shit.

C/s Phil

The poles who are willing to work 14 hours a day for £6.50 an hour in a trade where the going rate was previously £12 p/h are only slumming it for 4-5 years before they go back to Poland and live nice. they are living 15 guys in one house, sharing food etc cause they know it's temporary. That's the only reason they're able to work for these wages. How can you tell en English person to compete with that, when he has to use his wages to live his life, support kids etc and not just live as grimey as possible until he goes back to a country where his money is worth 4 times as much?

Stoopid logic

• Upvote 1

There you are all talking about trade and cleaning..every immigrant goes for trade and cleaning don't they...every single one. Those are the only examples you can give?

So the nurses that are immigrants are driving down wages too? All the hospitality jobs that can't find decent, consistent Brits are driving down wages? All the manufacturing jobs. Do any of you know the minimum wage at all? The only people that are beating this legal requirement are the dodgy employers within the trade business...they are the thieves exploiting the country not the immigrants.

Furthermore, most of them will tell you the reason why these jobs go to the immigrants is not just cos of the cheaper wages, but the work ethic. Most of us here are under 30, if you can't name me at least 3 of your friends or friends of friends who are in the construction industry at any level ...that is the problem the industry faced...real shortage of skilled labour to even do the most basic of stuff..while many of these immigrants have the skills already.

Yes, many ethnic minority trades are also paying illegal wages to cheap labour but they weren't going to employ the avg Brit anyway.

Immigrants aren't driving down wages..greedy British employers are.

• Upvote 7

There you are all talking about trade and cleaning..every immigrant goes for trade and cleaning don't they...every single one. Those are the only examples you can give?

So the nurses that are immigrants are driving down wages too? All the hospitality jobs that can't find decent, consistent Brits are driving down wages? All the manufacturing jobs. Do any of you know the minimum wage at all? The only people that are beating this legal requirement are the dodgy employers within the trade business...they are the thieves exploiting the country not the immigrants.

Furthermore, most of them will tell you the reason why these jobs go to the immigrants is not just cos of the cheaper wages, but the work ethic. Most of us here are under 30, if you can't name me at least 3 of your friends or friends of friends who are in the construction industry at any level ...that is the problem the industry faced...real shortage of skilled labour to even do the most basic of stuff..while many of these immigrants have the skills already.

Yes, many ethnic minority trades are also paying illegal wages to cheap labour but they weren't going to employ the avg Brit anyway.

Why are Nurses even being allowed to come work in this country when 40,000 Brits are being rejected for the roles???

• Downvote 3

There you are all talking about trade and cleaning..every immigrant goes for trade and cleaning don't they...every single one. Those are the only examples you can give?So the nurses that are immigrants are driving down wages too? All the hospitality jobs that can't find decent, consistent Brits are driving down wages? All the manufacturing jobs. Do any of you know the minimum wage at all? The only people that are beating this legal requirement are the dodgy employers within the trade business...they are the thieves exploiting the country not the immigrants.

Why are Nurses even being allowed to come work in this country when 40,000 Brits are being rejected for the roles???

Another UKIP context for fools to lap up. There were 57000 applicants for 20000 spaces, meaning 37000 were turned away, that is perfectly normal no? Should they admit all 57000 applicants?

Recruiting staff from abroad? Yes..in certain areas of expertise where the need requires that...which is going down year on year while the shortage gap is bridged by more Brits getting the experience.