VIP2 Good University (or College Guide)

Mr Q

Diamall is that you for real?I thought you were smart fam?
I only got BCC for my A Levels. Dunno WHY THE f*ck I went Met, could have easily got into Brunel with that.Minor, ill get a 2:1 it will be ok
lol u chose to go theresmh
I did too. biggrin.gif Could of gone to Westminster but London met was the only place that was doing the right course for me.Music studio is good there though, can't knock it down, but allow doing anything else there.
i applied for westminster but i didnt get inlondon met was my only choice. im doing music and media managementnot alot of courses like that
That course any good? was thinking of doing that but found Sound and Media instead, which was kinda good for me as it let me do everything i want.
boy....its the most unorganised thing ive been apart ofi cant stand it. one lecturer didnt mark my coursework and they are trying 2 say i didnt sit an examthats just 2 things. theres much more

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Uni: LSELocation: Central London (Holborn). That's both good and bad. You can stay at home to save money, but if you don't live close to Central, you're looking at 45 mins-1 hour or more to get to uni in the morning. There's the London social life, which makes up somewhat for the LSE having such a sh*t one. But it's expensive, and you might wanna go somewhere new & unknown for your time at uni. Accomodation ranges from round ã100-ã135 pwPros: It's the 2nd best uni in the world for Social Sciences after Harvard. So it's prestigious and lecturers will know their sh*t. Huge library, lots of books & resources. Good opportunity to network, make contacts who will go far. Good job prospects.Cons: Expensive, high workload, prudish girls, library is sh*t for actually working in, far too much focus on academics, no real in-uni social life, very cliquey environment, difficult to really get the "uni experience".

Uni: LSELocation: Central London (Holborn). That's both good and bad. You can stay at home to save money, but if you don't live close to Central, you're looking at 45 mins-1 hour or more to get to uni in the morning. There's the London social life, which makes up somewhat for the LSE having such a sh*t one. But it's expensive, and you might wanna go somewhere new & unknown for your time at uni. Accomodation ranges from round ã100-ã135 pwPros: It's the 2nd best uni in the world for Social Sciences after Harvard. So it's prestigious and lecturers will know their sh*t. Huge library, lots of books & resources. Good opportunity to network, make contacts who will go far. Good job prospects.Cons: Expensive, high workload, prudish girls, library is sh*t for actually working in, far too much focus on academics, no real in-uni social life, very cliquey environment, difficult to really get the "uni experience".
I go to BHASVIC (brighton hove and sussex 6th form college). We have 1800 people here, it is sh*t. I got an offer to do civil engineering at southampton next year, and an offer for brighton uni. But southampton want 3 B's, and I f*cked up studying this year so I will just have to blag it.sooo, has anyone ever been to southampton, whats it sayin, sounds pretty deadout to me but oh well, allow going up north is all i want to do.

Killed off 99's when all drinks were 99p and bare gals got smashed out their heads.
Heard 99's used to be SICK. Any reason why they stopped ur student nights??
what unis would u guys suggest for a good buisness and marketing degree ?K-dot.1
Warwick, LSE, Bath and Lancaster are also good. Wouldnt say that Aston is the best business school though...
Aston University is the best for Marketing still. They asked me for 320 ucas points but I only got 280.
Any uni, or course that asks for UCAS points as opposed to grades cant be considered to be the best.

FOR CARLOS AN OTHER MEDIA/JOURNALISM HEADSLondon College of Communication (LCC)Pros: Voted best media college in the country 3 years running now, lecturers are all experienced former journalists or media workers, great resources, Best Journalism course in the country, has ties with many big mulit-media companies and good job prospects when u leave.Cons: Heavy workload, too cramped, not enough resources to go round; you'll find urself battling for a computer in the libary if ur not there by 12 o'clock, like superistion said, very 'cliquey' envoironment, never got to feel the Uni vibeLocation: Elephant + Castle, literally opposite the shopping centre. The shopping centre is DEADOUT, so u'll more times catch urself up in Camberwell/Brixton during ur break. Nightlife: The in-Uni nightlife is pretty ok, the bar is always buzzing, and raves are held all the time, there usually live as well. Nothing popping off round the area.Accomodation: in the words of Murkserious, SWAGDIABOLICALPOOMPLEX. nuff said.Bottom line, it's a 'keep ur head down' uni tbh, but if ur serious about making, this is the place 4 u.

I'm at Coventry University.Pros - I'm enjoying my course, and as far as I know a number of people are. Accomadation is alright. Depends on which you go to. Brum just up the road so you can do shopping.Cons - It's the Midlands. It's Coventry. Needs more better looking gyal. The best looking ones seem to be from Brum.Verdict - It's alright. I'm enjoying it. Had I thought slightly more about it I probably would have gone Brunel, considering it's higher up in the league tables, and probably miles ahead in more or less everything in comparison to Coventry, and I got an unocnditional offer for there. But oh well, my life has turned out alright, so I'm going to stick it out.

FOR CARLOS AN OTHER MEDIA/JOURNALISM HEADSLondon College of Communication (LCC)Pros: Voted best media college in the country 3 years running now, lecturers are all experienced former journalists or media workers, great resources, Best Journalism course in the country, has ties with many big mulit-media companies and good job prospects when u leave.Cons: Heavy workload, too cramped, not enough resources to go round; you'll find urself battling for a computer in the libary if ur not there by 12 o'clock, like superistion said, very 'cliquey' envoironment, never got to feel the Uni vibeLocation: Elephant + Castle, literally opposite the shopping centre. The shopping centre is DEADOUT, so u'll more times catch urself up in Camberwell/Brixton during ur break. Nightlife: The in-Uni nightlife is pretty ok, the bar is always buzzing, and raves are held all the time, there usually live as well. Nothing popping off round the area.Accomodation: in the words of Murkserious, SWAGDIABOLICALPOOMPLEX. nuff said.Bottom line, it's a 'keep ur head down' uni tbh, but if ur serious about making, this is the place 4 u.
oooooooooooooooooooo im goin there this october. I should hopefully get into my photography course.Is that wat its really like?

oooooooooooooooooooo im goin there this october. I should hopefully get into my photography course.Is that wat its really like?
i know one girl that goes there, ur gonna get licked with work

Thats good. I dnt mind. Wanna get my mind away from all the drama in my life.

if u keep on top of all your work, and approach it right, you'll be fine

But are there good raves tho?I spoke to one boy who i saw up at Brunel. he sed that he goes there and the raves were kinda sh*t, thats why he's usually up at Brunel or Luton. biggrin.gif

University of Surrey (in Guildford)Close enough to London to be around but far away enough from your parents and london hypeGood links wid kingston, roehampton and brunelTown centre is well posh, a house of fraser on high street, i think it was voted one of the most expensive places to live outside of london.U generally need good grades at A-levels to get in, which puts a limit on goon entryA kinda quiet 'country' campus but its actually quite pretty.Accomodation is from all ranges, from ã70 (sh*t ones) to ã110 (shower ones)Man: Airtime Girls: Slags or airtime (apart from myself and my friends)Nightlife: Mainly white people nights, the odd rnb night which is ok but not too many people attend. This year we had barry from eastenders and scott mills turn up One of the toppa top ones for jobs coz every1 dus a placement yearI would say more work than play and its good for engineering, biomed sciences, human sciences and business. For serious people only
i pass there all the time. I work in the research park.

But are there good raves tho?I spoke to one boy who i saw up at Brunel. he sed that he goes there and the raves were kinda sh*t, thats why he's usually up at Brunel or Luton. biggrin.gif
ministry of sound is you

ministry of sound is you
Oh yea. Forgot bout that place. Ministry is me.

Guest the_truth_hurts
Leeds Met.Dont go there yet. But next year.Leeds>>>>London.Sickest city. Shopping is like crazy sick.
I know someone jus finishin his second year there, he loves it up there, but then again he's white lol
Leeds met - big community, loads of societies, cheaper tuition fees then nearly everywhere else. Leeds; nuff shops, nuff blondies (if thats you), lots of bars/clubs/events, proper student orientated. True say if your black and from London then Leeds might be a culture shock! Leeds is good just don't feel it personally. Roll back to notts at least 3 times a month.