General Election 2017

Afroman

Never seen him at the Apollo I don't think.

As for his show it wasn't anything great but I don't think it was him mocking the poor. From what I remember of it he was just taking on the role as a chav/scally. That's not a representation of all poor people or the working class.

Did you not find Sacha Baron Cohen funny doing Ali G?

His pranks are quite funny, the Hitler Golf Balls during Trumps opening of his course and the money thrown over Sepp Blatter. Quite funny IMO.

At the time i laughed but ali g became uncomfortable and when i look at any previous episodes i find it completely unfunny. Like a total fuckry pisstake

Yes lee nelson taking the piss out of si called chavs but lets be honest. The majority of the country labels any poor white person a chav. Ive seen the same type of people who would be labelled as chavs call a next person a chav

I hate the word chav. It is just used to make fun an put people down

No its completely different to goth an emo. These are self proclaimed names and not discriminatory

Toff is always used jokingly never derogatory. But thats probably because toffs are always better off an have an upper hand across the board

Maybe u dont have a problem with the word chav because u dont see urseld as one. Maybe u like it because it draws in a line between u and others that maybe u perceive urself to be better than

But as i say ur a chav just like the people u call chav in the minds of the majority which is why lee nelson got so much attention.

And even if he is purely takin the piss out of so called chavs an not poor people in general, how is that funny? 

Sorry but you are being selective in your argument there. Toff is always used jokingly? No I don't think so. Working class people use it as a slur for the likes of Jacob Rees-Mogg etc. Let's not act like it isn't just to fit a narrative. 

No I have never classed myself as a chav, but I did come from a certain area and dressed a certain way so I have no doubt the other groups in school might of harbored those thoughts. Not something that concerned me really?

His chav act was mildly amusing,  I don't think he's some great comedian. What kind of humour or comedians are you into then? Do you get this upset when you see the likes of Dave Chappelle does his white people stuff and puts on a dweeb voice that's meant to be a representation of how they speak :lol:

This has also gone way off topic.

1 hour ago, Gambino said:

Sorry but you are being selective in your argument there. Toff is always used jokingly? No I don't think so. Working class people use it as a slur for the likes of Jacob Rees-Mogg etc. Let's not act like it isn't just to fit a narrative. 

No I have never classed myself as a chav, but I did come from a certain area and dressed a certain way so I have no doubt the other groups in school might of harbored those thoughts. Not something that concerned me really?

His chav act was mildly amusing,  I don't think he's some great comedian. What kind of humour or comedians are you into then? Do you get this upset when you see the likes of Dave Chappelle does his white people stuff and puts on a dweeb voice that's meant to be a representation of how they speak :lol:

This has also gone way off topic.

I never found dave chapelle funny. I only like his new stand ups an then are less funny than true

And yes people can use toff in a derogatory way but as i did say it can never have the same impact. The perpetuation of the word chav only serves to keep certain people in a certain place. It encourages bias and discrimination and people are laughin at and deriding people for basically being poor and havin a different culture. You kno full well the use of the word toff never had an never will have the same impact as chav

I see pretty much the same as when Chris rock decided to separate black people from niggers when in the most detrimental circumstances we are all (black folk) niggers

I find it concerning that the word chav an people perceiving u as one doesnt concern u. When u seem to be very politically minded and interested in the welfare of your fellow country men

https://amp.theguardian.com/books/2011/jun/08/chavs-demonization-owen-jones-review

Please read

"Owen Jones's indignant, well-argued debut begins with a joke: "It's sad that Woolworth's is closing. Where will all the chavs buy their Christmas presents?" This was uttered by the host of a dinner party "

"Jones singles out for opprobrium middle-class contempt towards working-class people, those regarded by rightwing commentators such as Simon Heffer as the "feral underclass". In this caricature, peddled by spittle-flecked websites such as chavscum.co.uk and tacitly endorsed by the mass media, "chav" means "underclass", "

An i didn't need to read this to understand this. My experience has been exactly what he describes

It sounds to me like you are still trying to push things one way.

What can the term Chav do to my fellow countrymen. Why would that word bother me? At best a few snowflakes might get their feelings hurt, exactly the same way some upperclass kid born into a wealthy family might not want to be prejudged and have someone from the working class calling them a toff. I get called a lot worse than a Chav on this forum lol

Owen Jones is an absolute bellend by the way so showing me the shit he writes isn't going to mean anything.

1 hour ago, Gambino said:

It sounds to me like you are still trying to push things one way.

What can the term Chav do to my fellow countrymen. Why would that word bother me? At best a few snowflakes might get their feelings hurt, exactly the same way some upperclass kid born into a wealthy family might not want to be prejudged and have someone from the working class calling them a toff. I get called a lot worse than a Chav on this forum lol

Owen Jones is an absolute bellend by the way so showing me the shit he writes isn't going to mean anything.

Ok i dont like him much either.

The fact that u don't see the word as a problem is the problem. When there is a popular acceptance of the derision of one set of people then that set of people who are already on a back foot have their collective destiny written in stone. An people who come from the same background who support the derision make it 10 times harder. It's a crab in the barrel mentality

Im jus shocked at u

And im not tryin to push things in anyway. Im telling you exactly how it is

Saying it was the worst speech of all time ?