End of Funky ?

Mr. Gayle

Ill be the 1st to admit, its only really cos of many mixes on here that I have been getting into Funky. Big up Zeke, Deja Vu, Faze.But lately a lot of garbage has been coming out, see belowAnd the Napa tune "Are you gunna bang though" and I am pretty sure the more serious heads could find more examples. Now I know all genres have wack music, but it seems like lately there has been a proper influx of crap.Why ? Would love to see what Mr Nasty thinks of these.Is this the beginning of the end of Funky ?

HSKT was the ending of funky. Remember people were tryna say it wasnt. Wont go quoting but you know who you areDont diss Are You Gonna Bang fam, I'm fully backing that tune
Quote my friendBit of shame though, cos in a rave funky does dun nuff dances. So we pretty much saying its lasted as long as Bassline did when it was big down southFuzzy Logik - The Way You Move, tore down 20/20s on Saturday

Guest faze .

if people dont start too look past this sh*t it could well be....but i see quite alot of people who dont have the time for this sh*t which is a good good look.the people who play this sh*t are the mainly the djs who jumped the bandwagon anyway......

I think the people who like the hype/sh*t funky that purists dont like are fairweather funky fans anyway. The scene will never die if the people who were making songs that Circle play before continue doing so at the same rate.One thing you have to remember is most of these songs dont/wont get past the Facebook hype (Swine Flu Skank, Beat and Bounce etc.), so to judge it by the genre by the sh*t songs you hear is unfair. IF these sh*t songs start getting a hype on dancefloors and forwards and sh*t then yeh, end is nigh.When was Bassline big down south? You mean Portsmouth, Cornwall and them ends?I'm sure everyone knows by now but the Versatile song is signed to Atlantic. Heard he got 50 bags lol

I'm sure everyone knows by now but the Versatile song is signed to Atlantic. Heard he got 50 bags lol
Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.But yeah, i just listen to decent stuff. Not into these wack tunes or nothing. straight bumping instru or some soulful vocals is me.These songs should have their own shoddy genre or someshit. Call it skankstep or whateva

The thread title is nonsense.It is what it is. I don't pay the funky snobs any mind, are we meant to just forget the last 8 years of grime and MC's?I don't see why we shouldn't take the template of a more polished US funky house sound into something raw and our own, with our own influences. That is after all how Uk garage started.

I'm sure everyone knows by now but the Versatile song is signed to Atlantic. Heard he got 50 bags lol
f*ck off.*downloads fruityloops*
this has to be a lie
The Atlantic bit is 100%. 50bags is either him or another popular song, but I'm sure its him

Grime is Grime, House is House they don't need to be mixed.

I don't see why we shouldn't take the template of a more polished US funky house sound into something raw and our own, with our own influences. That is after all how Uk garage started.
That is how it initially started though then the rawness went overboard and the lack of professionalism crept in. The Uni crew will hop on the next bandwagon pops along anyway that's a given. I've noticed that the people that have been listening to funky since 09 and those Mc guys are the ones that think that this crock is the way forward.

The parallels between this and the whole dreem teem/norris windross vs. so solid, garage saga are clear. It will just fragment, i for one will play wotever i like, i'm tired of ppl saying "this is that genre and that is this genre" in fact the only reason i'd never play dubstep and this stuff together is coz dubstep is a lot faster. Funky is slow, even when playing it with old skool garage. I think as u get older u get hyped about these bandwagon sounds a lot less.