Match Day 20

MrJibbles

If Holland don't win this World Cup I'm not sure they ever will, at no point in this tournament have they looked like getting into full flow but they find themselves in the semis. Germany and Holland have switched roles this World Cup, the Dutch have become efficient and the Germans are playing that free flowing football.

• Upvote 1

LOL @ thinking Ronaldinho or Pato would've saved Brazil in this situation.
kaka, dinho and pato on the pitch at the same time, would have given the defenders something to think about. after the 2nd goal all they had to do was shut down kaka and it was over.

LOL @ thinking Ronaldinho or Pato would've saved Brazil in this situation.
Their bench is sorely lacking, there isn't no one on that bench whos can change a game for youwhich is what Brazil needed when they went behind
Ronaldinho is the type of player you need when coming across tight defences & don't have to worry about the counter.He won't track back, he'll take his time on the ball & stifle attacks if anything.Holland at that point were still on top & dangerous.Pato, meh, maybe. But he doesn't rep for Brazil at all. Pato wouldn't do anything Nilmar couldn't.If anything, a player they should've taken would be Ganso & put him on for Dani Alves. I agree with Diego not being there being a mistake.

Kaka is just a buldozer who moretime gets the luck of the green when going past playersDiego would have done a better jobDunga's plan of not brining in the established players has not worked one bit.Pato would have done a better job than Nilmar.Adriano would have done a better job than Grafite.Ronaldinho would have done a better job than Baptista.Its f*ck*ng COMMON SENSE. Dunga is fail. Not brining Pato just DOES NOT MAKE SENSE.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Lol @ thinking Brazil lost because of anything to do with their attack.That's all I'm gonna say.Even when it was at 1-1, their problem was in midfield & playing Ronaldinho & Pato wouldn't have helped that much either.Holland were playing at a high-tempo & Ronaldinho can't keep with that no more./Why is Murks talking about Adriano for Graffite & R99 for Baptista like either players came on? :D

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

Im not even saying they should have started but they should have been on the bench if anything. After holland took it to 2-1, their current attack WASN'T working, but there was no one really better on the bench to throw on and change the game.Just had to leave what was out to keep knocking at the door

2 out of 3 of them would definitely have played thoughEven if they were all benchedYour losing 2-1 with 10mins to go...You look at your bench and your got...NILMARBAPTISTAAND GRAFITEWould you prefer to bring ANY OF THEM ON instead of the ones I named?COME ON SHUN

• Upvote 3

Adriano shouldn't play for Brazil, dunno what he's name is being mentioned for. Needs to prove himself again for Roma, for me everything he done in the past is well and truly in the past. Ronaldinho shold have made the squad, but then again, maybe he would have been disruptive on the bench. Can you imagine Dinho being on the bench in a world cup.Don't worry Dunga is getting sacked tonight. That Grafite guy tore up Bundesliga last yeah, Pato aint really done it for Milan or Brasil.

• Upvote 1

Im not even saying they should have started but they should have been on the bench if anything. After holland took it to 2-1, their current attack WASN'T working, but there was no one really better on the bench to throw on and change the game.Just had to leave what was out to keep knocking at the door
Yes, I get you.What I'm saying is Holland took it up a notch & played at a more high tempo, aggressive in midfield (did you not see what Van Bommel & De Jong were doing?) This stifled the attack BECAUSE they couldn't hold the ball in midfield & a player like Dani Alves playing the RM/CM doesn't help matters.In THAT scenario, someone like Diego or Ganso would be better because they can use the ball better in midfield & this is where they really missed Elano because he's quite crucial to that system.Which is what it's all about. Their system. Their attack relies on alot of movement, interchanging & fluidity. Players in the final third don't hold on to the ball for too long & never stop moving.Ronaldinho doesn't fit in that. Whatsoever.Again, I'm unsure what Pato could've offered that Nilmar couldn't because Pato's contribution to Brazil has been sh*t compared to Nilmar's, so Dunga's decision there is somewhat justified.However, not taking Diego deserves questioning.PMSL @ Adriano. Guy doesn't deserve to play for Brazil.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1