A Gareth Bale Real Madrid

Mame Biram Diouf

Di Maria doesn't have the ability to do what Bale did

How would you describe Di Maria's Madrid career to date?

What is it exactly he done and who against?

He's done it against everyone he can

Di Maria is average. He has one good game followed by 5 shit ones. Far too incosistent and Mike if you had really watched his performances you'd know this

So let me get this right..Pedro,Muller and now Di Maria are all better than Bale? :lol:

Di Maria doesn't have the ability to do what Bale did

How would you describe Di Maria's Madrid career to date?

What is it exactly he done and who against?

He's done it against everyone he can

Di Maria is average. He has one good game followed by 5 sh*t ones. Far too incosistent and Mike if you had really watched his performances you'd know this

So let me get this right..Pedro,Muller and now Di Maria are all better than Bale? :lol:

He has reached Maradona levels

With the conditions Bale played in last season, Di Maria is capable of emulating that.

Come on, you dont really believe that do you?

• Upvote 4

Technically, what separates them? Set-pieces? Finishing? In favour of Bale? Otherwise, in terms of other technical qualities needed for inverted forwards i.e. first touch, close control, dribbling, passing, crossing, shooting from distance, Di Maria matches him.

In terms of game intelligence & tactical nous, Di Maria is better than Bale by some distance. His decision-making is superior, he's better at operating in compact spaces, he's able to play better in more positions AND different roles i.e. right & left midfield, central midfield too for Argentina. He's also more of a team-player & has a better work-rate. You can count on him to attack & defend in equal measure which Bale doesn't do, even when he was an out & out winger in the past 2 seasons.

Even as athletes, Bale has only got better acceleration/pace but even then, it's not by a considerable amount. Di Maria is more agile & dexterous in his movement. He's also got a better engine.

I've highlighted the points I disagree with. When I first noticed you saying Di Maria is better than Bale I looked at my screen in disgust "who does this buffoon think he is? Bale is twice the player." I read what you had to say in this thread, sat back in my leather chair, looked out my office window at the squirrels playing in the grass and pondered all the while wishing I had a long wooden pipe. The conclusion I made was "this Michael Kane does have a point in some regards." 

I think Bale is one of the most clinical goal scorers outside the box in the world, Di Maria is not. Due to his proficiency outside the area people tend to forget how great Bale is at crossing as well but I do appreciate Di Maria's crossing ability.

Next points are self explanatory. I think you're clutching at straws with your arguments in this paragraph. Bales decision making was superb last season, check his stats. Bale can play in a load of different of positions if necessary. Just because Bale was given more a free role doesn't mean he can't defend. He's so effective going forward he's usually tactically exempt from that side of the game.

Acceleration wise Bale is slightly quicker but anything over longer distances it isn't even close. What a horrible point you end on, Bale's engine is incredible. Di Maria's no slouch but I've never even seen Bale look close to tiring.

• Upvote 3

So how many players are you selling us, so we can help fund this Bale deal Porchy?

I would love you lot to take

Varane/Ozil/Di Maria/Benzema

Why Varane?

Wait, why all four?

WR is about to be broken

I want history to repeat itself yet again

Real let Hierro y Morientes(loan) et Makalele and only brought in Beckham

They wasted money on Kaka and let Robben/Sneijder go

Which made the squad so unbalanced it's unreal

IMO Ozil,Benzema y Di Maria shouldn't play second fiddle to an inferior player they deserve better

As for Varane I want him to go somewhere where he will play as a CB

It looks like Pepe is first team again

@Sub Zero

Like I said earlier, saying Di Maria is superior of his game isn't to take anything away from Bale's. However if you are going to pick out those traits, at least be accurate in your choices & the evidence used too.

His decision-making is better because the stats prove it? You do realise that puts the likes of Theo Walcott on similar levels as some of the best players in the world right? Decision-making isn't something that is directly linked with goals & assists.

Playing in a lot of roles is one thing. Playing in a lot of roles at an ELITE level is another. Di Maria is superior in that aspect. Bale is very good at LW, excellent at AM & RW but even then, it's a free role. Which brings me to my next point, how can you compare their defensive competency when one doesn't defend? And it isn't because he's 'too good'. SUPERIOR players do it i.e. Ribery, Robben. There was a number of games last season where Bale playing at LW left the LB exposed.

And again, it's becoming clear how little you've seen of Di Maria. He covers more ground than Bale by his defensive duties alone. That is what gives him a superior engine.

So how many players are you selling us, so we can help fund this Bale deal Porchy?

I would love you lot to take

Varane/Ozil/Di Maria/Benzema

Why Varane?

Wait, why all four?

WR is about to be broken

I want history to repeat itself yet again

Real let Hierro y Morientes(loan) et Makalele and only brought in Beckham

They wasted money on Kaka and let Robben/Sneijder go

Which made the squad so unbalanced it's unreal

IMO Ozil,Benzema y Di Maria shouldn't play second fiddle to an inferior player they deserve better

As for Varane I want him to go somewhere where he will play as a CB

It looks like Pepe is first team again

would actually punch pepe if spotted in real life one of the biggest d*ckheads on earth

Always been a big fan of Bale

Like Harry said, he has been performing at a high level since 2010, but last season he stepped it up something crazy

The price is silly and I do worry for him - but that spanish league is mickey mouse 35% of the time, ask Jose

/

I rate Di Maria, for a while i was even saying Bale isn't better, but Gareth is a match winner, who is prepared to take responsibility - you pay top dollar for those characters

• Upvote 3

Hat trick against Villa

A few Europa league goals

Winners against Newcastle,Sunderland,West Ham

Both PFA awards

=World Beater

Getafe, Vallecano, Granada...

Newcastle, Sunderland, West Ham...

*shrugs*

Rayo are better than all three

Getafe y Granada are better than Sunderland/West Ham and