Tottenham Hotspur Official Topic

n/a

The Club is delighted to announce that Sandro has signed a new five-year contract which runs until 2016.

The Brazil international made a real impact in his debut season in the months following his summer switch from our partner Club Internacional, in particular by playing a major role in the memorable Champions League victory over AC Milan at the San Siro in February.

The midfielder also struck a spectacular goal against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge as he accumulated 26 appearances last season in all competitions.

Sandro is now a regular in the Brazil squad with seven caps already to his name. A knee injury sustained at the Copa America has delayed his start to the current season.

great news, soon to be the best DM in the world (who we will then sell to real madrid for 50m)

• Upvote 1

He's actually played over 50 games in the last 3 seasons tbh.

Regardless of his injury problems, the guy remains a freak of nature.

Probably the most naturally gifted centre back this country has produced in the last 20+ years.

So what's the Spurs record in those 50 games he's played then? Provided you can find those stats.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Think it's the Joe Cole scenario, "it's a shame he's injured so much, he's our only player with a bit of flair who can run at defences"

Gets a good run of games "Yeah actually he's not that good after all"

Fuck outta here, every time ledley plays he has a GREAT game, even if he hasnt played or trained for months.

Took saurez for any sunday league player at anfield.

• Upvote 3

Should be back for the next game.

Some one needs to slap harry tho and fuck this 4-4-1-1 bullshit, we need to go 4-2-3-1

• Upvote 1

Dawson out for 2months....

We have 2 fit CB's & King :blink:

Gallas should be back soon?

Dont even think hes back training yet, deff a few weeks away.

hope bassong steps up and shows what he is actually capable of when he plays consistently.

Bassong and Kaboul as a partnership doesn't fill me with too much confidence tbf

But Dawson, bar a handful of games, in the last 18 months has been average at best.

i think it could work after a few games,

if both of them can play with Dawson they can play with each other, must be a nightmare playing alongside dawson, his positioning and decision making is horrendous, too easily attracted to the ball, doesn't read the game very well... hes just a typical 'give everything, last ditch' type which to some people is a great defender :confused:

and he always seems to escape without blame, its always those around him that get blamed for his mistakes.

Has King ever been fit for you lot for more than half a season?

• Downvote 1

I had an nhs event yesterday at your stadium I asked a real proper itk 'what are the chances of you moving?' it was a straight 'No comment' reply also met brad friedel and someone asked me why i didn't get a picture and i must have said 'i don't want a picture with him i'm an arsenal fan' and he shouted down the hall 'i heard that' :lol:

Hes a cool guy though

Apparently he was left out of the Europa League squad list for the group stages

If he hits the ground running, it's going to be peak.

The fuck he get negged for?

:lol:

Let them be, those guys didn't know.

Tottenham's Rafael van der Vaart has said he is annoyed at being left out of the club's Europa League squad.

The 28-year-old hobbled off during Spurs' 5-1 defeat to Manchester City and had originally expected to be out for six weeks with a hamstring injury.

But, despite now expecting to be fit for the Liverpool match next week, the omission means the playmaker will miss Spurs' six Europa group matches.

"Spurs could at least have consulted me," he told his official website.

In a section headlined "annoying" on his website, the Dutch international said: "I still think it's a peculiar situation.

"Anyway, it's up to the point of no return. I will be focusing on the game against Liverpool.

"I'm pretty convinced I will be fit by then."

The former Real Madrid player missed Holland's Euro 2012 qualifiers and was also sidelined as Harry Redknapp's team secured their first win of the season against Wolves on Saturday.

Redknapp intends to blood a number of youngsters such as Harry Kane, Tom Carroll and Jake Livermore in the Europa league to keep his squad fresh for a top four push in the Premier League.

Spurs kick off their Europa League campaign against PAOK Salonika in Greece on Thursday.

If they get through the group stages, they will be allowed to add three new names to their squad.

wtf is Arry doing?