Our TV Licence Fee Going Towards Champions League

MrJibbles

The BBC are reportedly set to use licence-payers' money to bid 'whatever it takes' for the live rights to Champions League matches.According to The Times, the BBC are determined to show some live football after deals to show FA Cup and England internationals expire and the Champions League is the obvious target.The next three-year package for rights begins in 2009 and is expected to be worth £125m a year.At the moment, rights are shared between ITV and Sky, who are expected to be the BBC's main rivals for the rights again.ITV currently have the pick of Tuesday night games while Sky have the rights to all other games on both Tuesday and Wednesday. For this privilege, ITV pay £42m and Sky £47m.The rights are likely to be broken up into smaller packages for the next three-year deal in order to encourage more companies to join the bidding. Setanta may enter the fray but are unlikely to be able to compete with ITV, the BBC or Sky.The stumbling block could be the Champions League main sponsors, who all get 'free' advertising on ITV and Sky, which obviously would not be allowed on the BBC.

rather bbc then itvalthough i prefer itvs commos to bbcs

Anything but IManUTVFrom they put Arsenal on ITV4 for Milan away instead of Man U Lyon I'm disgusted.
Ratings Ratings
Arsenal Milan is such a big game, but it doesn't weigh up to most of the world supporting Man United. dry.gif
:D personally i think u lots match should be on itv, coz yeah its a big game, so ull just have to deal with ittracey_big_brother_tall_203x152.jpg

Does anyone know for certain, that now BBC has lost the rights to England games that the international tournaments will still be there?I always want them to be on BBC and ITV.I always presumed that the Euros and WC HAD to be on terrestrial tv, but with the digital crossover coming AND some of the games from last world cup were on UKGOLD, i have my doubts..