What should an urban drama in North/East/South London be like?

2deal2

should jus make our own tv channelcall it SOUTH
Why?It would be a poor quality channel, based and filmed only in Myatts Field estate, and would just be PDC videos from start to finish.It be the equivalent of looking at a young black male's camera phone videos from 2002 to 2005. Just bare waste activity.
TRUTH

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pitched an idea to a friend who works for one of channel fours programme directorsits a black/afro-carib drama *refuse to use the word urban*got good feedback and everythingand one thing he said, and i was chuffed as f*ck was that i didn't stereotypemy drama is believable there's like 35% slang, two characters are already degree scholars, theres one complete family, theres i think 5 characters who go to college *only stereotype is that its kingston lol* and a bit more..- would give more details away but thats just the gist of itits set in north but incidents do take place in east and southso hopefully in a year or two we'll be watching something we find no fault in

south is wasted, worst part of london
AlieFrom when I used to hear about guys robbing each other for their trainers thats when I South was some wasteland filled with hyped up youts.Now you got grown men walking on road with handbags. laugh.gif
:D

They should make a urban programme based in East. Probz hacko.It would be about AC's , fraud, postcode rivalries and estates, boshes, college, struggles that young urban Londoners face and show some positivity like people going university and getting good jobs .That West 10 was sh*t.. dunno why they always have to include drugs.In any event, when you think of urban who actually thinks of West London ..meh

For me Dubplate drama is/was the one. I actually liked it. The way I see it.. The solution to a drama that we all could relate to is nothing to do with the writer as such, but our attitudes towards these dramas..Most times we criticize heavily anything that is street related that comes from these shores.That WEST 10 LDN got deaded b4 it started. Atho I agree it was cringeworthy, Its the same thing with music. Some people just enjoy looking for cringeworthy moments in UK drama rather than the contents in itself. I aint gonna lie I used to be like this. The majority aint ready for a UK urban drama cuz the fact is we hate to see a reflection of our antics on our TVs.+ The big boss/ execs who cut the cheques still think Ali G is the true representation of a road man.. If 1 or 2 characters aint twanging like him then it aint a hit according to them

i reckon north/east or south could give a better representation of "urban" london than westnot sayin west is a d*ckhead place thoi think the themes and stuff in these dramas r kinda true to lifebut like some1 said in the other thread just bring in some youngers to tweek the dialogue and make it more real
you know you want tojust say itits like gettin picked last in p.eyou- 'i'll take east, south and north........erm west too.
re-arrange north,east,south and then more or less lolnah but west in general is nice its gt a nice suburban feel

For me Dubplate drama is/was the one. I actually liked it. The way I see it.. The solution to a drama that we all could relate to is nothing to do with the writer as such, but our attitudes towards these dramas..Most times we criticize heavily anything that is street related that comes from these shores.That WEST 10 LDN got deaded b4 it started. Atho I agree it was cringeworthy, Its the same thing with music. Some people just enjoy looking for cringeworthy moments in UK drama rather than the contents in itself. I aint gonna lie I used to be like this. The majority aint ready for a UK urban drama cuz the fact is we hate to see a reflection of our antics on our TVs.+ The big boss/ execs who cut the cheques still think Ali G is the true representation of a road man.. If 1 or 2 characters aint twanging like him then it aint a hit according to them
'Cause moretime its sh*t. Craig David made good music and got ratings. Cant remember a program thats been good. The Yanks produce Boyz in da Hood and Menace II Society, we have Bullet Boy and Rollin With The 9s. Come on, the quality just doesnt compare. Certain Yanks complained about the Yank films but IMO were being picky. Our ones are corny. Forced 'street' attitude with stiff actingWere either of the films mentioned made by Black men?

It would be about AC's , fraud, postcode rivalries and estates, boshes, college, struggles that young urban Londoners face and show some positivity like people going university and getting good jobs .
The thing is all of these things happen in West.Only thing I would say is that the postcode rivalries aren't as bad as other parts of London but when it does happen its usually the youngers that are on this postcode hype.

'Cause moretime its sh*t. Craig David made good music and got ratings. Cant remember a program thats been good. The Yanks produce Boyz in da Hood and Menace II Society, we have Bullet Boy and Rollin With The 9s. Come on, the quality just doesnt compare. Certain Yanks complained about the Yank films but IMO were being picky. Our ones are corny. Forced 'street' attitude with stiff actingWere either of the films mentioned made by Black men?
I though Bullet Boy was actually quite good . Rollin Wit The Nines on the other hand.... bullshit. Kidulthood was okay but too farfetched;Them girls that gave head to them drug dealersTurkish boy who lashed the big boy's girls in his bedroomThe excessive amount of slang used especially by the white people ..*no racist* but sometimes the slang looked forced

watch every season of the wire and you will answer your own questionkey wordsuncompromsing truth
In my head as I was reading this.Truth is we wont see a "The Wire UK", just a bag of people fresh from The Brit School being told to act what they honestly think is reality.

I though Bullet Boy was actually quite good . Rollin Wit The Nines on the other hand.... bullshit. Kidulthood was okay but too farfetched;Them girls that gave head to them drug dealersTurkish boy who lashed the big boy's girls in his bedroomThe excessive amount of slang used especially by the white people ..*no racist* but sometimes the slang looked forced
Bullet Boy was alright but it wasnt on levels of the two Yanks. Nowhere near.They need to 'llow letting Suburban kids fascinate with "the streets" make Black films

It would be about AC's , fraud, postcode rivalries and estates, boshes, college, struggles that young urban Londoners face and show some positivity like people going university and getting good jobs .
The thing is all of these things happen in West.Only thing I would say is that the postcode rivalries aren't as bad as other parts of London but when it does happen its usually the youngers that are on this postcode hype.
Tell that to a 27 year old from E9 (Homerton) to a 27 year old from E5 ( Clapton) who is found to be slippin in E9 Post code hype will always exist from close minded individualsP.S i aint from Hackney .. i'm a Newham General

Tell that to a 27 year old from E9 (Homerton) to a 27 year old from E5 ( Clapton) who is found to be slippin in E9 Post code hype will always exist from close minded individualsP.S i aint from Hackney .. i'm a Newham General
The bit in red was me talking about West and what I've seen around the ends recently.

f*ck south its just a backwards north 2 years behind east tryna be west i stand by the thames wall which should be built around south