The Official F1 Thread

Admin.

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congatulation videos from Bashy & Nicole Scherzinger
The f*ck is this penguin talking about? Since when did he become some political activist? Videos like this make me cringe. I could understand nicole's
hes jst tryna say black ppl are progressin man wat hes meanin ders a mix/black person dats world championand america now goin to have a black president.[bashy]black boys are achievin things al around the world back to stevenage[/bashy]

So the season is over but the talk still goes on; guess we can use this until the new season for who signs who and any other news.

Lewis Hamilton has told McLaren he is "going nowhere" after visiting the team's headquarters today to thank the staff that helped him become formula one's youngest champion. "These trophies are a result of all your hard work and you should pat yourselves on the back," he declared. "I love this team. I'm not going anywhere."It's easy. I'm with the team I've always dreamed of being with and if you have the car of your dreams then why would you want to leave? The day I get in the car and don't have the motivation, maybe that's the time to get out but I want to see my career out with this team."Hamilton, who returned to Britain yesterday after finishing fifth in the Brazilian grand prix to take the title by one point ahead of Felipe Massa, was given a big ovation from the 1,000 employees as he drove around the lake at McLaren's technology centre in a formula one car. "I'm shaking like a leaf here," he said. "I've never seen you all before in one place. It's pretty awesome for me to be standing here. My heart's still racing."It hasn't really hit home yet. We have proved to everyone that we are the best team and we have the best car. We have been under so much pressure and we have lost together and won together and this weekend we have won the world championship."Hamilton's visit to McLaren's base came on the same day he received a congratulatory message from Queen Elizabeth II. "I'm delighted that you succeeded in winning the formula one world championship to become the youngest-ever champion," she wrote. "I send you my warmest congratulations on your remarkable and historic achievement."Hamilton thanked his family for their support and his team for maintaining faith after the disappointment of missing out on the title by a single point the previous year. "Last season I didn't plan out the whole year so at the end I was really spent," he said. "I've got loads of energy now and I think that comes from everybody giving me their support to keep my head up."It makes me happy to make other people happy. Everyone has troubles and doubts but it's how you grow as a person and how you grow as a team, that's what builds character and, with all the experiences I've had, I don't have any regrets. We lost the championship last year by one point. I don't regret that because it's part of the learning process. Come this year and all the tough times we've had and all the hard work we've done, it makes it all the sweeter."Hamilton said the team was already looking ahead to the challenge of retaining the crown. "We have a tough job on our hands as a team next year with all the new rules and regulations and everyone is working flat out right now. We want to make sure that we come out on top again and, for my part, I want to be even better. I'm even more determined having had a taste of it."http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2008/nov/0...lton-formulaone

The FIA World Council met in Paris this morning to discuss the matters of the moment and the federation has now issued a new Formula 1 calendar for 2009 with the Chinese Grand Prix moving from its normal October date to a date in April. The Shanghai event will now be twinned with Bahrain, which will be a week later than planned.Rnd Date Event Circuit1 27-29 March 2009 Australian Grand Prix Albert Park, Mebourne2 3-5 April 2009 Malaysian Grand Prix Sepang International Circuit3 17-19 April 2009 Chinese Grand Prix Shanghai International Circuit4 24-26 April 2009 Bahrain Grand Prix Bahrain International Circuit, Sakhir5 8-10 May 2009 Spanish Grand Prix Montmelo, Circuit de Catalunya, Barcelona6 21-24 May 2009 Monaco Grand Prix Monte-Carlo7 5-7 June 2009 Turkish Grand Prix Istanbul Park8 19-21 June 2009 British Grand Prix Silverstone9 10-12 July 2009 German Grand Prix Nürburgring10 24-26 July 2009 Hungarian Grand Prix Hungaroring11 21-23 August 2009 European Grand Prix Valencia Street Circuit12 28-30 August 2009 Belgian Grand Prix Spa-Francorchamps13 11-13 September 2009 Italian Grand Prix Autodromo Nazionale Monza14 25-27 September 2009 Singapore Grand Prix Singapore Street Circuit (night race)15 2-4 October 2009 Japanese Grand Prix Suzuka16 16-18 October 2009 Brazilian Grand Prix Autodromo Jose Carlos Pace, Interlagos, Sao Paulo17 30 October - 1 November 2009 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix Yas IslandThe French and Canadian rounds have been cancelled.