Era Of Cheap Food Ends As Prices Surge

Thun

Thun, can I ask you a couple of questions?Do you live at home?Do you buy your own groceries?If so, how much has your own shopping bill increased?Do you buy your groceries from supermarkets or markets?Have you ever been to Makro?Im trying to get an insight as to how this actually affects people.My shopping bill hasnt changed. Im smart about how and where I shop. If something is expensive, I will go somewhere else. I go to markets moretime to get my food - all fresh fruit, vegetables, and the staple meats, fish etc.
a lot of people will shop at supermarkets for the pure convinience. a lot of workers do their shopping a late on the way home from work where they won't have the opportunity to visit a market etc. Of course you could go during the weekend but people are lazy.
Markets are becoming sh*t.There used to be a time when they could offer you stuff for less then the supermarkets but in the past 10 years things have changed dramatically. Even markets can compete with supermarkets anymore.
It isn’t as fresh as they make out as well, my friend works in a fish market and has told me if it doesn’t sell that day they will freeze it and sell it the next and so on.

i gave 3 different examples not just natural disasters if you wanna read it back, like how the USA is using corn to produce bio-fuel, which pushes up the price of cornyou however are saying the sole reason why prices are rising is because of the 'new world order'. which isnt true
Why food prices will go through the roof in coming monthsBy F. William EngdahlApr 4, 2008, 00:40A deadly fungus, known as Ug99, which kills wheat, has likely spread to Pakistan from Africa, according to reports. If true, that threatens the vital Asian Bread Basket including the Punjab region.The spread of the deadly virus, stem rust, against which an effective fungicide does not exist, comes as world grain stocks reach the lowest in four decades and government subsidized bio-ethanol production, especially in the USA, Brazil and EU are taking land out of food production at alarming rates. The deadly fungus is being used by Monsanto and the US Government to spread patented GMO seeds.http://onlinejournal.com/artman/publish/article_3140.shtmlThis is the reason why there is food shortages which relates to the NWO. You obviously know little about this subject and it shows.The USA have self inflicted this food crisis if they choose to use corn for bio-fuel instead for food. It aint down to natural disasters like you was trying to state.

Thun, can I ask you a couple of questions?Do you live at home?Do you buy your own groceries?If so, how much has your own shopping bill increased?Do you buy your groceries from supermarkets or markets?Have you ever been to Makro?Im trying to get an insight as to how this actually affects people.My shopping bill hasnt changed. Im smart about how and where I shop. If something is expensive, I will go somewhere else. I go to markets moretime to get my food - all fresh fruit, vegetables, and the staple meats, fish etc.
a lot of people will shop at supermarkets for the pure convinience. a lot of workers do their shopping a late on the way home from work where they won't have the opportunity to visit a market etc. Of course you could go during the weekend but people are lazy.
Markets are becoming sh*t.There used to be a time when they could offer you stuff for less then the supermarkets but in the past 10 years things have changed dramatically. Even markets can compete with supermarkets anymore.
It isn’t as fresh as they make out as well, my friend works in a fish market and has told me if it doesn’t sell that day they will freeze it and sell it the next and so on.
well tbh, thats better than throwin it awayonly reason y it dont sell in the first place is cos of the bastard supermarkets

what elites you idiot?food prices are going up because people are reducing their exports. if people in china are starving, they gonna stop exporting so much rice to feed their own people, so it makes the price of rice rise everywhere elsenatural disasters destroy crops, hurricane dean alone f*cked up the caribbeanplaces like usa are using 33% of their corn crops for bio-fuel, so theres less space for corn growth and other things, which makes things more expensivenothing to do with elites
Don't mind Thun. He's hyperactively paranoid. Sound reasoning rarely infiltrates his conspiratorial nonsense

This world is getting shitter by the day
aliecoincides with what ive been sayin about communityi remember when clapham high street had 2 green grocers a floristpeter who used to sell second hand bollox, but has some good sh*t therebobbys the news agents, another shop that had nuff sh*t u couldn get anywhere else2 bike shops, 2 independant video storesand all of that has been taken awayfor 2 SAINSBURYS, why, why on one highstreet do we need 2another gay bar, and a load of restaurants that local people cant afford to eat inmakes me so f*ckin mad

what elites you idiot?food prices are going up because people are reducing their exports. if people in china are starving, they gonna stop exporting so much rice to feed their own people, so it makes the price of rice rise everywhere elsenatural disasters destroy crops, hurricane dean alone f*cked up the caribbeanplaces like usa are using 33% of their corn crops for bio-fuel, so theres less space for corn growth and other things, which makes things more expensivenothing to do with elites
Don't mind Thun. He's hyperactively paranoid. Sound reasoning rarely infiltrates his conspiratorial nonsense
It must be fun living in denial like you Superstition.Your quick to put anything down that you aint been taught at Uni.

Them Newspapers are about a year late with that news....I saw a news report on wheat this month BBC, telling us price of wheat has increased, when wheat prices has been increasing since early 2006, more than any stock.Price of food also goes up coz of rising fuel prices...Nigeria and Brazil biggest net importers of rice, they better get used to cornmeal.

This world is getting shitter by the day
aliecoincides with what ive been sayin about communityi remember when clapham high street had 2 green grocers a floristpeter who used to sell second hand bollox, but has some good sh*t therebobbys the news agents, another shop that had nuff sh*t u couldn get anywhere else2 bike shops, 2 independant video storesand all of that has been taken awayfor 2 SAINSBURYS, why, why on one highstreet do we need 2another gay bar, and a load of restaurants that local people cant afford to eat inmakes me so f*ckin mad
LEAVE KAZBAR ALONE!!!!!!clapham is gettin more and more messed doh lmao

It must be fun living in denial like you Superstition.Your quick to put anything down that you aint been taught at Uni.
It's easy to explain complicated events in terms of unseen puppet masters who manipulate the world to their tastes. It appeals to a certain psychological desire to know secrets and shielded information, and what bigger secrets to know than those of elite powers? But it flies in the face of reality. We live in a tremendously complex world, and events are shaped by a confluence of uncountable separate forces and influences, of all scales from individuals to governments, to mould what ultimately become the world's happenings. Explaining every macro occurence as a conspiratorial ploy is the easy way out, because it's the simple way to view the world. The reassuring way - it's so easily comprehensible: Why did X, Y & Z happen? Because the elites made X, Y & Z happen.For this example, that of rising food prices. There are billions of individuals and agents across the globe involved in the world's food supply (farm workers, farm owners, farm communities, food-producing countries, manufacturers, food wholesalers, unions, distributors, supermarkets, consumers), each protecting their own interests, interacting in economic mechanisms, which determine international food prices. The idea that there is a privileged class manipulating ALL of these people to set the price where they desire for their insidious ends, is plainly ridiculous.The idea that the world is extremely convoluted and chaotic, and events are often inexplicable, is inherently unattractive. But it's the reality in which we live. It isn't a nice idea to think of the countless and obscure actors/events exerting massive influence on our lives. But it's the truth of a populated, interconnected and complex planet.That's why I'm dismissive of your theories from teh darkest cornerz of teh internets. Not because I haven't been taught them at university.

who said you have to have a disaster before you have a food shortage? shows ur a stupid c*nt who has no life yett you still dont know sh*t. there was a cocoa problem that i know about, and a coffee problem as well if i remember rightly, i read it in some city newspaper they hand out for free some months ago. d*ckhead thinking katrina has to happen before food proces go up, blaming elites ya na, if people are growing up to leanr how to waste not conserve wtf does that have to do with elites. wasteman dont reply me im just talking i dont wanna read ur sh*t response.

The IMF are partly responsible for this,also most nutrients used to grow most crops are oil based & with oil @ 118$ a barrel its gonna get worse.'least there will be no more starving people in the world....... as they will all be dead, or maybe thats the plan? :DI got a good idea for making food prices go down, lets use perfectly good food people could be eating to fuel our cars :D oh wait....A man-made famineThere are many causes behind the world food crisis, but one chief villain: World Bank head, Robert ZoellickFor anyone who understands the current food crisis, it is hard to listen to the head of the World Bank, Robert Zoellick, without gagging.Earlier this week, Zoellick waxed apocalyptic about the consequences of the global surge in prices, arguing that free trade had become a humanitarian necessity, to ensure that poor people had enough to eat. The current wave of food riots has already claimed the prime minister of Haiti, and there have been protests around the world, from Mexico, to Egypt, to India.The reason for the price rise is perfect storm of high oil prices, an increasing demand for meat in developing countries, poor harvests, population growth, financial speculation and biofuels. But prices have fluctuated before. The reason we're seeing such misery as a result of this particular spike has everything to do with Zoellick and his friends.Before he replaced Paul Wolfowitz at the World Bank, Zoellick was the US trade representative, their man at the World Trade Organisation. While there, he won a reputation as a tough and guileful negotiator, savvy with details and pushy with the neoconservative economic agenda: a technocrat with a knuckleduster.His mission was to accelerate two decades of trade liberalisation in key strategic commodities for the United States, among them agriculture. Practically, this meant the removal of developing countries' ability to stockpile grain (food mountains interfere with the market), to create tariff barriers (ditto), and to support farmers (they ought to be able to compete on their own). This Zoellick did often, and enthusiastically.Without agricultural support policies, though, there's no buffer between the price shocks and the bellies of the poorest people on earth. No option to support sustainable smaller-scale farmers, because they've been driven off their land by cheap EU and US imports. No option to dip into grain reserves because they've been sold off to service debt. No way of increasing the income of the poorest, because social programmes have been cut to the bone.The reason that today's price increases hurt the poor so much is that all protection from price shocks has been flayed away, by organisations such as the International Monetary Fund, the World Trade Organisation and the World Bank.Even the World Bank's own Independent Evaluation Groupadmits (pdf) that the bank has been doing a poor job in agriculture. Part of the bank's vision was to clear away the government agricultural clutter so that the private sector could come in to make agriculture efficient. But, as the Independent Evaluation Group delicately puts it, "in most reforming countries, the private sector did not step in to fill the vacuum when the public sector withdrew." After the liberalisation of agriculture, the invisible hand was nowhere to be seen.But governments weren't allowed to return to the business of supporting agriculture. Trade liberalisation agreements and World Bank loan conditions, such as those promoted by Zoellick, have made food sovereignty impossible.This is why, when we see Dominique Strauss-Kahn of the IMF wailing about food prices, or Zoellick using the crisis to argue with breathless urgency for more liberalisation, the only reasonable response is nausea.source.anyone wondering whats in it for the elites, whats in it for them is its easier to control a bunch of starving people than a bunch of well fed healthy strong ones they already have control over the financial system, having control over food with genetically modified crops that are STERILE forcing the growers to buy more seed as opposed to using the seed from last seasons crop.. patented food crops & the eradication of normal food crops could give massive amounts of control over the population of the world.

It's easy to explain complicated events in terms of unseen puppet masters who manipulate the world to their tastes. It appeals to a certain psychological desire to know secrets and shielded information, and what bigger secrets to know than those of elite powers? But it flies in the face of reality. We live in a tremendously complex world, and events are shaped by a confluence of uncountable separate forces and influences, of all scales from individuals to governments, to mould what ultimately become the world's happenings. Explaining every macro occurence as a conspiratorial ploy is the easy way out, because it's the simple way to view the world. The reassuring way - it's so easily comprehensible: Why did X, Y & Z happen? Because the elites made X, Y & Z happen.For this example, that of rising food prices. There are billions of individuals and agents across the globe involved in the world's food supply (farm workers, farm owners, farm communities, food-producing countries, manufacturers, food wholesalers, unions, distributors, supermarkets, consumers), each protecting their own interests, interacting in economic mechanisms, which determine international food prices. The idea that there is a privileged class manipulating ALL of these people to set the price where they desire for their insidious ends, is plainly ridiculous.The idea that the world is extremely convoluted and chaotic, and events are often inexplicable, is inherently unattractive. But it's the reality in which we live. It isn't a nice idea to think of the countless and obscure actors/events exerting massive influence on our lives. But it's the truth of a populated, interconnected and complex planet.That's why I'm dismissive of your theories from teh darkest cornerz of teh internets. Not because I haven't been taught them at university.
You seem to write alright essays but dont really get the the core of the matter. I use the term elites loosely as there are quite a few families and corporations that make up this class of people. I think you might be misinterpreting were I am coming from and think I am coming from the angle of illuminati shape shifting reptilians. Never that.Im sure you have heard of the term "New World Order' and it has been spoken of by many powerful people which is heavily documented. I suppose that is a conspiracy theory even though it can be proven beyond doubt. You can mock people all you like thinking it does not exist but we both know it can be proven and the heavy police state measures and big brother state being set up all around us would be denying that we are becoming a society were it has become almost Orwellian.You also fail to have read the article I posted were it clearly states the reason for food shortages but again you dont address the problem and just splurt what has been in the papers or TV. Look into the GMO issue before citing your poor sources.

Good article on the manipulation techniquesManipulations in time of War and HungerThe Fed pumps out reserve notes, elitist politics position to control, no new petro refineries since the 70s? GM food and bio fuel scams, food price rise is an orchestrated scam based on currency manipulation, news from the Plunge Protection Team, disinformation in WSJ, no victory in Iraq, so blame Iran Uncle Ben Bernanke is currently pumping out federal reserve notes, or electrons with binary encoding as the case may be, like they were going out of style in order to save the miscreants on Wall Street and in order to postpone economic catastrophe for the benefit of our incumbent sociopaths in Congress, who are the best politicians that money can buy. Based on the elitist Malthusian Agenda, may we suggest that you start converting some of those notes and electrons into storable food, such as rice and freeze-dried food. We suppose this would be the latest incarnation of Uncle Ben's Converted Rice, and without it, you will be at the mercy of the elitists. http://www.theinternationalforecaster.com/...p;articleid=243

Guest Radio
if everyone was vegetarian, we wouldnt have this problem
We were made to be vegetarians, we're not meant to consume animal milk and meat.38% of cancer is caused by diet.