Academic Thread

Yoshie

lol @ Pompeynot a place for black peoplesome 0.1 populationbut I dont mind although some people might
SWEER DOWN?!?i fort it was a black uni, well not fully, but a good amount to last me 3 years should of realized when the white guys from work wer saying all der friends go there, and how its a good uni

lol @ Pompeynot a place for black peoplesome 0.1 populationbut I dont mind although some people might
SWEER DOWN?!?i fort it was a black uni, well not fully, but a good amount to last me 3 years should of realized when the white guys from work wer saying all der friends go there, and how its a good uni
bruv you should have applied for southampton if you are going for them sea side cities good enough mixture of people stillif your yardie St Mary's come like the capital

^ Are you at/Did you go UCL?
Went UCL, graduated '06 den '07Whole place has changed from when I went, halls are alot more civilised (and higher security), when I was there it was alot more free-for-all madness.Whole new type of people go there (could look at it in a good way).Also the nights are dead out, had alot more when I was there, UCL Cocktails and Mondays 99's were alot, people from all over unis would know about it and come, got shut down and now they do ULU (University of London) nights.Bad thing is it is smack bang in central london, people tend to do their own thing, where as in a campus based uni, you know who everyone is and tend to see them out and about alot more.Halls are too spread out as well, but I stayed in one of the biggest ones right next to Tott'ham crt road and probably met the majority of people there.Academically I'm glad I went, it's recognised and I know no matter what I do now I got those two pieces of paper to back me up.Hard as hell though.

^ Are you at/Did you go UCL?
Went UCL, graduated '06 den '07Whole place has changed from when I went, halls are alot more civilised (and higher security), when I was there it was alot more free-for-all madness.Whole new type of people go there (could look at it in a good way).Also the nights are dead out, had alot more when I was there, UCL Cocktails and Mondays 99's were alot, people from all over unis would know about it and come, got shut down and now they do ULU (University of London) nights.Bad thing is it is smack bang in central london, people tend to do their own thing, where as in a campus based uni, you know who everyone is and tend to see them out and about alot more.Halls are too spread out as well, but I stayed in one of the biggest ones right next to Tott'ham crt road and probably met the majority of people there.Academically I'm glad I went, it's recognised and I know no matter what I do now I got those two pieces of paper to back me up.Hard as hell though.
I went to UCL as well lived at Schafer house, im guessing you stayed at Ramsey?? Its like a prison cell now, quite difficult to sign in friends etc.cocktails was a good laugh, did you live out all 3 years?

How can I only have 1 offer from a uni not even ranked in the top 50 lol
because yr only clever onlinenah im just jerking yr chainfao bladerunner/other legal heads,thinking of doing a llb in law on open university,will heads air me at the bar or is it respectable in the circle
It depends on which area. Unfortunately, I think they will air you in most sectors.The Bar is dying, I reckon.
whats an open university?
http://www.open.ac.uk/
Social imo Law is one of those subjects that is given merit moreso on where you got your degree, who you interned with, etc. Correct me if I'm wrong Bladerunner obviously. It strikes me as one of those professions which is obviously elitist based and subsequently your progress is limited if you haven't gone to a top class full time institution.However having said that, the Open University I've always regarded as a top class distance learning or part time institution. The majority who graduate attain 2:2's and so their degrees are worth little more than if they had spent half the time at a typical Uni. However, those who come out with 1st's, are in good stead to compete with the majority, or in fact continue with a Masters at a typical redbrick, who, more often than not will see the merit and commitment it takes to see a top class academic mark through, when working or raising a family. I certainly know the HR department in my workplace view it highly, and in most cases above those who have attended fulltime (within reason). It's one of those things which demonstrates some desireable traits in a candidate. It's definitely better having than not. Only if you see it through though.

How can I only have 1 offer from a uni not even ranked in the top 50 lol
because yr only clever onlinenah im just jerking yr chainfao bladerunner/other legal heads,thinking of doing a llb in law on open university,will heads air me at the bar or is it respectable in the circle
It depends on which area. Unfortunately, I think they will air you in most sectors.The Bar is dying, I reckon.
whats an open university?
http://www.open.ac.uk/
Social imo Law is one of those subjects that is given merit moreso on where you got your degree, who you interned with, etc. Correct me if I'm wrong Bladerunner obviously. It strikes me as one of those professions which is obviously elitist based and subsequently your progress is limited if you haven't gone to a top class full time institution.
Unfortunately, I think it is like that. Snobby, traditional and dominated by middle class Classics grads!!