SLEEP PARALYSIS

Guest SKYSCRAPER

Its definately a spirit.Happened once that i can recall n i made a topic on this sh*tfelt like someone put weights on my back i had no movement in my body and i could hear the tv in the other room n felt like something was being sucked out of an artery in my neck but i couldnt open my eyes to look n i couldnt open my mouth to shout.horrible sh*t was definately a spirit or death. how do you explain everyonwe comin to the same conclusion? and the fact i wernt allowed to open my eyes

Been thinking bout this today, and its DEFINTELY NOT a spirit.Your mind can play horrible tricks on you when you are in a state of panic, and a state of panic usually equals bad thoughts, quite simple when you think about it. Although its strange in 97% of cases we all experiance some sort of spirit in the room with us, nah no chance.And Penny, u cant die from this, never heard a case of anyone doing so, you can though, in your dreams, if you are falling, you know how when you fall off something high and get the feeling of falling at a rapid speed, but you always wake up before you hit the bottom, if you were to hit the ground in your dream your brain would react like it would in reality and shut down, killing you...

u can die frm it. Do proper research
Yea it is possible... but vey rare.
Definition of Sleep paralysisSleep paralysis: A frightening form of paralysis that occurs when a person suddenly finds himself or herself unable to move for a few minutes, most often upon falling asleep or waking up. Sleep paralysis is due to an ill-timed disconnection between the brain and the body.The symptoms of sleep paralysis include sensations of noises, smells, levitation, paralysis, terror, and images of frightening intruders. Once considered very rare, about half of all people are now believed to experience sleep paralysis sometime during their life.Sleep paralysis strikes as a person is moving into or out of REM (rapid eye movement) sleep, the deepest part of sleep. During REM sleep the body is largely disconnected from the brain leaving the body paralyzed. Sleep paralysis is the result of premature (or persistent) mind-body disconnection as one is about to enter into (or exit from) REM sleep.Sleep paralysis occurs most often after jet lag or periods of sleeplessness that interrupt the normal REM patterns. It affects both sexes equally and occurs at all ages but is most common in teenagers. Sleep paralysis can be familial and may be genetic (inherited) in some cases.An attack of sleep paralysis is usually harmless and self-limited. It tends to be over in a minute or two as soon as the brain and body re-establish connections and the person is able to move again. However, the memory of the terrifying sensations felt during sleep paralysis can long endure. (Some scholars believe that sleep paralysis may account for some of the old claims of attacks by witches and the more recent "reports" of nocturnal abduction by space aliens.)A rare fatal form of sleep paralysis may, it is thought, underlie the cases of healthy teenagers, mainly in Southeast Asia, who die in their sleep, sometimes after fighting for breath but without thrashing around.Sleep paralysis goes by a number of names, including the "old hag" in Newfoundland (for an old witch thought to sit on the chest of the paralyzed sleeper), "kokma" in the West Indies (for a ghost baby who jumps on the sleeper's chest and attacks the throat), "kanashibari" in Japan and "gui ya" or ghost pressure in China (because a ghost is believed to sit on and assault the sleeper). Medically, sleep paralysis is sometimes called waking paralysis, predormital (before-sleep) paralysis, postdormital (after-sleep) paralysis, and REM sleep atonia.
http://www.medterms.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=9806

Sleep Paralysis is 99.9999999% harmless, ive done my research. The actual condition cannot kill anyone.All this is, is a natural bodily function that causes us to be paralyzed during sleep, you cannot die from temporary paralyzation. You can though die from it's side effects caused by this, but like i say, its extremely, extremely rare.

does sleep walking count or is it totally different??? i have only ever sleep walked once that was when i was 11/12. which was dangerous coz we lived in a flat. i woke up in the kitchen holding the drawer that had knives in it. i wonder if i wudve actualli done something if i had managed 2 open it...

Sleep Paralysis is 99.9999999% harmless, ive done my research. The actual condition cannot kill anyone.All this is, is a natural bodily function that causes us to be paralyzed during sleep, you cannot die from temporary paralyzation. You can though die from it's side effects caused by this, but like i say, its extremely, extremely rare.
lol at the edit.

was it u that was going through a mad patch a while ago when u slept?
Yeah, i posted one of the stories on the front page.Used to get this ALOT when i was younger, never knew the condition though, so just thought i was a f*ckin sh*t sleeper. But the ones i was gettin a little while back were f*cked, like the black figure just watching and staring at me with some malevolent presence, while i imagined barbed wire slowly coming down on top of me. Wouldnt wish that sh*t on my worst enemy tbh, i havent had it in quite a bit though, but no doubt i will experiance this again soon enough. It's just the first 5-10 seconds when you are SHOOK, then you slowly start to realise what is happening and calm down.

does sleep walking count or is it totally different??? i have only ever sleep walked once that was when i was 11/12. which was dangerous coz we lived in a flat. i woke up in the kitchen holding the drawer that had knives in it. i wonder if i wudve actualli done something if i had managed 2 open it...
I used to sleep walk when I was younger. Luckly sh*t was safe dem times because I remember when we were living in flats I slept walked to the ground floor and to my aunties door banging on the door. The other times weren't so bad...just taking the duvet to the bathroom and going back to bed lol... mum mussa come into my room in the morning asked where my duvet was n I was like... I dnno... completly baffed. sh*t is f*cked.

I used to sleep walk when I was younger. Luckly sh*t was safe dem times because I remember when we were living in flats I slept walked to the ground floor and to my aunties door banging on the door. The other times weren't so bad...just taking the duvet to the bathroom and going back to bed lol... mum mussa come into my room in the morning asked where my duvet was n I was like... I dnno... completly baffed. sh*t is f*cked.
lol wow! ur lucky u found the door & 'walked' down 2 the ground floor! unlucky enough some pple find the window

The f*ck... I also had some hooded figure in the first and only time I've experience this.Was outside my house and it was chasing me, my friends had dispersed, and for a moment when it reached me I felt as if I had died... Had a weird sensation spread throughout my body and I couldn't wake up the entire time.

lol wow! ur lucky u found the door & 'walked' down 2 the ground floor! unlucky enough some pple find the window
Trust me! Our windows had some special lock on it because it was highrise init... like dem safety latches u get on double glazing windows. Otherwise boooooy...

a couple people told me about this and i laughed in their face the last time someone told me and that same night it happened to mei was on my back and i couldnt move, with all my strength i managed to rotate my neck about 15 degrees and i see some massive black mist sitting on the right side of my bed peering over mesince then its happened a few times i jus relax and dont fight it and it goes

a couple people told me about this and i laughed in their face the last time someone told me and that same night it happened to mei was on my back and i couldnt move, with all my strength i managed to rotate my neck about 15 degrees and i see some massive black mist sitting on the right side of my bed peering over mesince then its happened a few times i jus relax and dont fight it and it goes
ahh yes,this aswellgood times

• 8 months later...

boy! some of the stuff i'm reading on here is too deep... some heads are actually seeing the grimreaper you kno... damn.. i did lol @ the person who got the vicar to come down to his yard lool... come like the exorcist.. but yh it's deep man... stuff like this don't happen to the feeble minded though..

this happened to me last monthi thought i finally gained my astral powers/thought i was dead and i was trying to exit my body through my nosewhen that didn't work i just went back to sleepwasn't a big deal really,overrated