FreeMason

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

______>>>> humansi cant stress this enough
Very trueHumans are f*cked creatures
I was watching one show time ago and it was a countdown of the Worlds 10 deadliest creatures and to my surprise (watched it when i was younger), humans were #1. Didnt really understand why back then, but now i do.

Johannesburg - Kevin Carter, the South African photographer whose image of a starving Sudanese toddler stalked by a vulture won him a Pulitzer Prize this year, was found dead on Wednesday night, apparently a suicide, police said yesterday. He was 33. The police said Mr Carter's body and several letters to friends and family were discovered in his pick-up truck, parked in a Johannesburg suburb. An inquest showed that he had died of carbon monoxide poisoning.Mr Carter started as a sports photographer in 1983 but soon moved to the front lines of South African political strife, recording images of repression, anti-apartheid protest and fratricidal violence. A few davs after winning his Pulitzer Prize in April, Mr Carter was nearby when one of his closest friends and professional companions, Ken Oosterbroek, was shot dead photographing a gun battle in Tokoza township.Friends said Mr Carter was a man of tumultuous emotions which brought passion to his work but also drove him to extremes of elation and depression. Last year, saying he needed a break from South Africa's turmoil, he paid his own way to the southern Sudan to photograph a civil war and famine that he felt the world was overlooking.His picture of an emaciated girl collapsing on the way to a feeding centre, as a plump vulture lurked in the background, was published first in The New York Times and The Mail & Guardian, a Johannesburg weekly. The reaction to the picture was so strong that The New York Times published an unusual editor's note on the fate of the girl. Mr Carter said she resumed her trek to the feeding centre. He chased away the vulture.Afterwards, he told an interviewer, he sat under a tree for a long time, "smoking cigarettes and crying". His father, Mr Jimmy Carter laid last night: "Kevin always carried around the horror of the work he did." - The New York Times

Apparently the photographer took the photo then just left. Then he killed himself a few months later.Deep.
this is another thingthese photographers are deepjust snapping in dying childrens faces. i dunno how they do it
I learnt about that in my photography course actually. The reason why they dont do anything is cos the situations already too deep for them to get involved and do something. Them taking the pictures is just a job. They do the job then done. They cnt get involved in a way which we hope they would. If that makes sense. :unsure:

Apparently the photographer took the photo then just left. Then he killed himself a few months later.Deep.
this is another thingthese photographers are deepjust snapping in dying childrens faces. i dunno how they do it
I learnt about that in my photography course actually. The reason why they dont do anything is cos the situations already too deep for them to get involved and do something. Them taking the pictures is just a job. They do the job then done. They cnt get involved in a way which we hope they would. If that makes sense. :unsure:
makes sense but its very heartless

Guest Flava Dave
tbh its better 2 take a pic than jus stand there, OK if he fed the kid, s/he prob woulda died anywaysbut man took the pic so millions of ppl can see the suffering that hes seeing and try make sure no one suffers int he same wayin some ways i think jus takina vid or pic is gd coz it makes ppl stand up n listen

tbh its better 2 take a pic than jus stand there, OK if he fed the kid, s/he prob woulda died anywaysbut man took the pic so millions of ppl can see the suffering that hes seeing and try make sure no one suffers int he same wayin some ways i think jus takina vid or pic is gd coz it makes ppl stand up n listen
i think the cheque for a minimum few bags is more of his/her concern tbhfurthermore, the world is f*cked, adapt or become extinct