Best protein shake?

dotcomma

Liked I asked, who recommended that amount?Put it this way... You get 50g of protein from an N Large 2 shake. If you have 3 in a day that's 150g. I'm guessing you weigh less than 200lbs in which case you're supposed to be aiming for 200g of protein for the whole day. I can't remember the exact number but more than 50% of the protein should be from food so you will need to be having 300g. Your body's not going to use all of that so you'll probably sh*t quite a bit out. That's a waste of money.

Just getting back into the gym after a year or two out. Use to post in this room way back when.I'm looking for something that helps with muscle growth and rpair but does not pile on weight. Any recommendations?I see a few people talking about Phd Synergy, but think that only has around 25g of protein per serving - don't seem that much, or is the other stuff in it that helps?Use to just do 100% whey from USN but that tasted so distgusting i think i wanna try something else.

Nice one. They good enough for muscle growth as well?Want to put on specifically muscle rather than just pure mass/bulk. Seems a lot of these 'protein' shakes are more for mass gaining with high calories, looking for high protein, low calories. Is that possible and what would you recommend?

used reflex for the last couple of years and my mate suggested this onehttp://www.myprotein.co.uk/mp-max/protein-supplements/true-whey-%285lb%29/toffee fudge and cookies and cream are the best ones imo. The great thing about this is that you can order samples sachet of the flavours you want before commiting yourself to a huge tub....http://www.myprotein.co.uk/mp-samples/mp-max/true-whey-%28sample%29-%2825g%29/tastes good mixes well, and is a little bit cheaper than reflex even with postage. one of the most popular protein powders on their site ishttp://www.myprotein.co.uk/bulk-powders/protein-powders/impact-whey-protein/again samples can be bought and ive tried choc nut and choc mint and they are well nice. You can get the smaller bags if your on a tight budget but they dont come with a scoop and the powder comes in some cheap bag hence the price...the true whey comes in a tub with a scoop.

Any hard gainers looking to bulk and use N-Large check this out... http://www.bodyshapersfitness.com/specialoffers/prolabnlarge2-prolab_n_large2_2_7kg.htm?browse=1£14.99 for a 2.7kg tub which I think is really cheap, I've bought the same tub before for £24.99. Plus you make a bit more of a saving if you buy 2, 3 or 4.Only Vanilla available.Can't really say how good the site is as I've never ordered from them before but I've just placed an order.

• 1 month later...
I think Maximuscle do a drink specifically aimed at repairing. Also there's that shake you can buy in Tesco (ready-made) that's also supposed to be aimed at repairing muscle. Can't remember what it's called all of a sudden but it's just there next to regular milkshakes.
goodnessshakes-range-hi.jpg

I'm ready to jump on the protein shake wave, so i've been doing some research for the past month or so.i'm looking to bulk up but have energy for a workout.i've checked this out http://www.thesupplementstore.co.uk/brands/six_star_muscle/six_star_professional_strength_muscle_building_shake_907g-six_star_muscle_muscle_building_shake_907g.htm#product-reviewsbut i aint too sure on that.could you lot recommend me some pleasesafe.

I'm ready to jump on the protein shake wave, so i've been doing some research for the past month or so.i'm looking to bulk up but have energy for a workout.i've checked this out http://www.thesupplementstore.co.uk/brands/six_star_muscle/six_star_professional_strength_muscle_building_shake_907g-six_star_muscle_muscle_building_shake_907g.htm#product-reviewsbut i aint too sure on that.could you lot recommend me some pleasesafe.
No idea what that is. I'm supporting N Large 2 and PhD Pharma Gain. Those are my recommends. I recommend Pharma Gain more as it actually worked for me.

I'm ready to jump on the protein shake wave, so i've been doing some research for the past month or so.i'm looking to bulk up but have energy for a workout.i've checked this out http://www.thesupple...product-reviewsbut i aint too sure on that.could you lot recommend me some pleasesafe.
No idea what that is. I'm supporting N Large 2 and PhD Pharma Gain. Those are my recommends. I recommend Pharma Gain more as it actually worked for me.
arr klkli've just ordered the six star muscle shake.. my friend is on it and he has bulked up crazy with a work out everyday for a good 2/3 months..i'll keep you man posted on the results.

Been reading through. Cant seem to find anything on what I want though so sorry if it has already been answered. I was looking for something to pack on weight but everything seems to have tonnes of sugar in. I was using Maximuscle pro gain and that doesnt have hardly any in which is great but Ive just finished my tub and cant be bothered to pay their prices again and its not that great anyway. So anything thats good for putting on weight with not much sugar in. Thanks.edit. Think I might get some Reflex Instant Mass. Seems they dont use maltodextrin for the carbohydrate which should mean less sugar.

I think Maximuscle do a drink specifically aimed at repairing. Also there's that shake you can buy in Tesco (ready-made) that's also supposed to be aimed at repairing muscle. Can't remember what it's called all of a sudden but it's just there next to regular milkshakes.
goodnessshakes-range-hi.jpg
Bought a couple of these as I ran out of Whey Protein.Gonna try them after gym before I reup on Reflex

edit. Think I might get some Reflex Instant Mass. Seems they dont use maltodextrin for the carbohydrate which should mean less sugar.
Came this morning. Just had one now after a gym session. Most disgusting thing I have ever tasted. Dont know how Im going to get through the whole tub. f*ck*ng erghhh. It mixes so badly as well. Full of bits and sh*t after shaking for way too long. Compared to Maximuscle (What I previously used) it tastes so bad.

edit. Think I might get some Reflex Instant Mass. Seems they dont use maltodextrin for the carbohydrate which should mean less sugar.
Came this morning. Just had one now after a gym session. Most disgusting thing I have ever tasted. Dont know how Im going to get through the whole tub. f*ck*ng erghhh. It mixes so badly as well. Full of bits and sh*t after shaking for way too long. Compared to Maximuscle (What I previously used) it tastes so bad.
LOL your fault.I couldn't have posted more on how bad it is. I have my whole tub still here.

LMFAO that's what happens when you don't listen.