Juande Ramos is back...

Younger

Sky Sports News sources have claimed Real Madrid will sack Bernd Schuster and replace him with former Tottenham boss Juande Ramos. A press conference has been called for 2.30pm local time, with Ramos expected to be named as Madrid's new coach in time to take training later on Tuesday.The German coach's statement that Los Merengues had no chance of winning at Barcelona on Saturday has not gone down well with the Bernabeu hierarchy and there is now a clamour for him to go.Predrag Mijatovic is leading that charge to have under fire president Ramon Calderon sack Schuster and install former Sevilla coach Ramos.Madrid have been rocked by poor performances and problems behind the scenes in recent weeks and morale hit a new low on Sunday when the champions were beaten at home by Sevilla after coming back from two goals down.Instead of issuing a rallying cry, Schuster attempted to play some unconvincing mind games and stated that his team would not be able to win 'el Clasico' this weekend at Camp Nou, a game that can be seen live on Sky Sports 1.Allied with his inability to inspire the team and a history of problems in press conferences, Mijatovic has finally decided that a new man at the helm is required and has already lined one up.Ramos has been out of work since being sacked by Spurs in October and while his work may not have been appreciated in North London, his stock in Spain is still high.
Discuss...Schuster out... Ramos in...TBH Madrid are a joke...

hes gonna show spurs wut they could have had tbh
WFT?I beg somebody put a X2 by his name.
wut exactly is wrong with wut i said??
Tottenham already saw what he did.he was incompatible with English football and refused to acknowldge that.If Redknapp can utilise the same squad by making a few changes, playing a different tactical game, motivate players and get better results then what does that say?He even made use on BENTBENTGah

Tottenham already saw what he did.he was incompatible with English football and refused to acknowldge that.If Redknapp can utilise the same squad by making a few changes, playing a different tactical game, motivate players and get better results then what does that say?He even made use on BENTBENTGah
agree with parts of what you said, but do you think Redknapp would of turned over chelsea in the carling cup????

agree with parts of what you said, but do you think Redknapp would of turned over chelsea in the carling cup????
Possibly don't know.Might have been Grants tactics though, I remember people making noise about that game.LOL @ his motivation stat of 16 on FM.

Ramos >>>>>>> SchusterDont understand the thread title?
I said Madrid are a joke because first they employ Capello after not winning anything for 5 years then he gets sacked for winning la liga but not playing the attractive football... Then the german comes in, wins la liga, plays attractive football and gets sacked... Hopefully ramos does well... Will give him up to next year untill mourinho or benitez get the job...

Yeah I heard about it on The Guardian podcast, here it is:

Bernd Schuster has stated that he does not think Real Madrid have any chance of beating Barcelona at Camp Nou next week and stated that the defeat against Sevilla was not down to bad luck.The German coach has written off his team's chances of taking all three points in el Clásico because he believes that the Blaugrana are in such formidable form at home.Whether he was starting the mind games early is difficult to tell, but it is a gamble to make such statements after the supporters had showed their anger towards president Ramón Calderón following the Sevilla reverse."The game against Barcelona worries me less than any other game. It is not possible to win because Barcelona are in devastating form and I believe that this is going to be their year," Schuster said."The team that (Barça) have can do well there, but I cannot say any more about that."Schuster then rejected any talk of leaving Real Madrid because he feels that he has the full support of the players after their spirited come back against Sevilla.Despite losing 4-3 at home, Los Merengues' second half display was impressive even though the coach was keen to bemoan his team's poor first half showing."I am not going to resign because the players are giving everything that they have. We just need a change of fortune and something going for us would be important," he continued."It is not a question of bad luck because playing well in the second half is not enough. We should have gone into the game and played better in the first half."We made life difficult for ourselves and we had to make a huge efort. At times we do well and at other times not. Games are more than 90 minutes long."Today we did some things well and other things we did not and you have to make your own luck. This game was not about being unlucky."Sevilla helped us in our comeback because they were passive in the second half and we took advantage of that. We could have done more if Robben had stayed one."I thought that we were on the verge of winning the game before he was sent off."