R.I.P. Dancehall

Agony

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't watch the R.I.P. in the title, just threw that in there to get the topic movingBut anyway whats gonna happen to shows like Sting? Strictly Reggae/Roots acts and no clashes?What about the raves, are the gonna enforce the law in there?How well will the law be enforced?What will be the punishment if it's broken?Will artists release differents for Jamaican and International audiences?Hmmm

001 must be pulling his hair out as i type
LMAOMan is probably trying to find another forum. Life without Bashment. Numero is goignto have to find another hobby as being the Jamaica mascot on the forum just isn't applicable anymore.

Well grime has managed to exist without TV and radio
but grime has fell off, i don't even listen to Logan anymore because the scene is just sh*t.
sum truth to it still, iam listening to more hiphop atmllow these mc's now livein more on old money smh - might aswell jump on funky quick b4 pl say there tryin it

just gonna make the music go underground and less commersh from you got blank cds, mp3s, and websites etc no form of music can be stopped completely just might make the direction of some artists change and make them branch off to other genres i mean we all done heard most of the successful dancehall artists on other music forms such as hip hop etc i mean grime mcs be on funky house but still do grime a bit.in a way im happy still cos its stops the average sean paul listener trying to preach to me bout bashment like they are schoolin me.

The post youve all been waiting for.

Don't watch the R.I.P. in the title, just threw that in there to get the topic movingBut anyway whats gonna happen to shows like Sting? Strictly Reggae/Roots acts and no clashes? Tried that a few years back (04/05) and flopped. Before Vado vs Cartel, last clash was Cartel vs Ninja in about 03/04What about the raves, are the gonna enforce the law in there? Nope, they cant. Thats what the noise abatement act was about. Lol @ them towing cars off the pavement last AugustHow well will the law be enforced? Most prob very well... for now.What will be the punishment if it's broken? Some minor fines at mostWill artists release differents for Jamaican and International audiences? Nope, same sh*t will carry on. Contrary to popular belief there isnt actually that much gun talk anymore; that phase has passed. Its more money, dancing and gyal. Even Mavado's latest album doesnt have much gun talk. Daggering ban will most prob affect more than violence. People will most prob go more sessions to hear the fresh music. Plus we have internet and msn now.Hmmm
Dancehall wasnt saying anything on radio in 04-05 when there was a shift from dancehall to one drop after Ninja v Cartel and Bogle got killed. The badness followed the culture era. Cant blame them from banning it.Lol @ ravin and not hearing bashment. Dry like weetabix with no milk. Even commercial clubs know what time it is. Lol @ cussin dancehall but listening to trap/club HH. Not much difference in contentBet you scrolled down expecting more

just gonna make the music go underground and less commersh from you got blank cds, mp3s, and websites etc no form of music can be stopped completely just might make the direction of some artists change and make them branch off to other genres i mean we all done heard most of the successful dancehall artists on other music forms such as hip hop etc i mean grime mcs be on funky house but still do grime a bit.in a way im happy still cos its stops the average sean paul listener trying to preach to me bout bashment like they are schoolin me.
Just like to say thats BS. What do you mean by more underground? Its a ban in Jamaica; there is no commercial/undeground lol. They give radio edits of the normal tunes. If anything, this is what I feel they are trying to introduce: music for underground/sessions, then appropiate songs for radio, hence them saying they wont play songs with bleeps. This has been on its way in for the past couple years. Irie FM stopped playing bleeped songs from 07. This will affect Zip more than anyone. Hopefully they still play dancehall on Sunday