Summer Speculation topic

HangTheDJ

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brazilian teenager Dodo appears set to join Manchester United after the teenager confirmed he is eagerly anticipating his switch to the Premier League.The highly-rated defender has recently been linked with a move from Corinthians to Old Trafford.And Dodo has claimed he will join up with the Red Devils next year, with reports suggesting that United will pay a fee of €6million (£5.4million) in February 2010."As there are already some Brazilians in England I suppose that I am going to get adapted easier," said Dodo."I have never played with the twins Fabio and Rafael, neither with Anderson, but it's good for me to have them near. Even Cristiano Ronaldo as he speaks in Portuguese.Dream"I started playing at Cruzeiro. I was eleven years old and played there for three years. Then I went to Corinthians where I am since 2007."I returned from being on duty with the under 17 national team and only had time to be with my parents for a few hours."I received the instructions to travel to England. I don't know how to speak in English but I am travelling with John and he is going to be my interpreter."The way in which I play is the typical Brazilian style, with technique and ability. I also get identified with European style so that mixture can be something very good for me."Every player dreams to play in the national team and then be transferred to a European team. I am doing that. Next year I will join the first team of Manchester United. I am going to play next to the best players of the world."

Heard about us being linked with this kid before link before, It'll be a shame coz it probably means Cory Evans and even Cathcart will find it harder to get promoted when the time comes. This Brazillian/Portugesse revolution at United is starting to worry me a little bit to be honest but i suppose if they come over with the right ability and attitude it'll be fine.but nice to see Jip Jaap earning his money

People who to end of the season awards say the following:

Carew stole the show when he won the goal of the season in his speech said if it wasn't for the fans who come to supprt us me and the lads would most likely be working at McDonalds but Emile with his hair cut probably in a kebab shop ! He finished off by saying see you all next season and the place erupted .I spoke with Laursen and he told me that his career is over and he will see us for the last time against Newcastle bloke was gutted said he loved it at Villa but he simply couldn't carry on . I said to the fans you are our Danish God the nearest central defender we have had to McGrath .Heard that AC Milan and the surprse one that Man United are looking at Barry not sure I can see that one but that's the strong rumour .
Would respect him a whole lot more if he went Milan.
When I told Petrov he'd had an immense season he thanked me, pointed at the rest of the squad and said "no, we all have, we've all done brilliantly". NRC looked up and said "I beg to differ", I asked him to clarify what he meant and he and Petrov just exchanged looks and started giggling. Make of that what you will. Some guy on my table asked NRC if he would be here next season and he said he didn't know but Spurs had made a bid for him ... Petrov chimed in and said I have told him to stay, it would be a mistake to go or something similar.
These are on the open forums though, so probably best to take with a pinch of salt.

Ahh we finally got Dodo. Nice./If Tevez does go can an argument be made that we shouldn't get someone in to replace him? We've already proved you can only have soo many top quality players in a lineup till someone gets upset.And with Macheda and Wellbeck coming through we could do without the headache.*Obv a lot depends on whether Ronnie goes too.

Should Tevez leave which looks likely it's a must that we go out and buy a Top Striker. Would you wanna rely on Wellbeck and Macheda who possibly ain't ready yet, I wouldn't even wanna rely on Berbatov right now.
but SAF loves Berbs.so i reckon he'll stick with him, especially with a good pre-season under his belt.i just think we'll be doing ourselves more trouble then good by signing a BIG name.for example, the same thing that happened to Tevez could happen to Villa, Benzema and Eto'o etc etc.i'd rather we just get another squad striker in, that wont mind sitting on a bench and doing a job when called upon.*shrugs*

Could see you getting Ribery in and Tevez out as Ronaldo is one of the best centre forwards in the world when played there.
of course hes the best player in the worldcould prob be a top center back tooPortugal need to play him upfronti know hes copywrighted CR9

Liverpool are set for a sensational raid on Atletico Madrid for striker Diego Forlan.Sport says former Manchester United striker Forlan has already agreed personal terms with Liverpool and will be sold by Atletico in the summer.The Madrid giants are reluctant to go lower than Forlan's current £30 million buyout clause, but a deal for around £20 million could be settled if Liverpool include midfielder Lucas Leiva in their offer.Despite flopping at United, Forlan is regarded as among the Spanish Liga's best strikers and is threatening Barcelona star Samuel Eto'o for this season's Golden Boot.

he wasnt given a chance at unitedwas clear he was talented

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has claimed that Carlos Tevez has been offered a permanent deal at Old Trafford.The Argentina star's two-year loan with the defending Premier League and European champions is due to expire at the end of the season and he has been linked with a move to Chelsea, Liverpool or Manchester City.But Ferguson has always maintained that he is keen to keep the 25-year-old in his attacking armoury, and the Scot has stated that chief executive David Gill is working to push a deal through.After watching substitute Tevez - who is owned by Media Sports Investment - score United's equaliser as they came from behind to win 2-1 at Wigan on Wednesday, the Red Devils boss has said that the forward has been offered terms."He is a fantastic little player. He knows I want him to stay," Ferguson told Sky Sports 1 when asked about the former West Ham player, who has been rumoured to be unhappy with a lack of first-team football with the Red Devils.Problem"I have had a chat with him today. David Gill has had some meetings today and it has progressed, I'm sure, further."We hope we get what we want to get. I'm sorry to have to keep on with this all the time, but it has never changed."Ferguson believes that the stumbling block in a permanent deal has been the fact that business is being conducted with Media Sports Investment."We are not negotiating with a football club, that is the problem," he added."I think Carlos himself is okay. I think the terms he has been offered are good."

Has JJ Not posted this?CARLO ANCELOTTI has identified Ashley Young as the player to spark his Chelsea revolution.The Italian coach is being promised a big-name signing worth up to £30million by Roman Abramovich if he joins as boss this summer.Chelsea’s owner has even vowed to dip into his own pocket to pay for the transfer — something he hasn’t done for two years.And Aston Villa winger Young is top of a list of three names.Ancelotti wants an attacking star with real pace to add a different dimension to Chelsea’s play.Villa paid Watford £9.65million for the 23-year-old two years ago and will demand double that to sell the England man.Chelsea have lacked a player with lightning speed and the talent to break the deadlock in a tight game.But Ancelotti will aim to change that by playing fit-again Joe Cole on the right and, possibly, Young on the left of a front three next season.Guus Hiddink agrees with the signing of that type of player and has recommended CSKA striker Yuri Zhyrkov.Zhyrkov is valued at £15m by his club while Chelsea will sell Florent Malouda and Salomon Kalou to make way for new faces.Ancelotti has also targeted Genoa striker Diego Milito.

A manager Chelsea don't have wants a player he's probably never seen play. Reckon storys bollocks.Think there is some interest from Chelsea but I'm not the slightest bit worried he's gonna leave this Summer unless they're throwing silly cash at us.