Summer Speculation topic

HangTheDJ

Arsene Wenger planning £12m raid for Everton's Jack RodwellNo Author Sunday People 05/04/2009http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/ ... _page.htmlARSENE WENGER is plotting a £12million raid for Everton starlet Jack Rodwell. The Arsenal boss has had promising youngster Rodwell, 18, watched several times this season. And Wenger is ready to back up his interest in the England youth international by tabling an offer which could rise to that£ 12m figure during the course of the contract. Rodwell has earned rave reviews as he progressed through the ranks at Goodison Park and signed a five-year contract in February - hence the huge offer Arsenal are having to put together. He became the youngest player to represent Everton in a European fixture when, aged 16 years 284 days, boss David Moyes sent him on as a substitute in a UEFA Cup game against AZ Alkmaar in December 2007. Long term, Rodwell will play at centre-half, a position in which Wenger is desperate for cover, but he has spent much of the season in midfield in a bid to work on his touch and distribution.Moyes has used the player in his starting line-up and from the bench this season so as not to rush him and, along with Dan Gosling and Jose Baxter, Rodwell is seen as an important part of the club's future. Everton will do everything they can to hold on to the youngster, who is out of the Rio Ferdinand mould, but Wenger is desperate to get hold of the highly-rated player. The Arsenal boss is building a strong, young side with Jack Wilshere, Aaron Ramsey and Carlos Vela all central to his plans.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MANCHESTER UNITED are closing in on Brazilian whizkid Douglas Costa.The Gremio midfielder, 18, is attracting attention across Europe.He has been hailed as the new Ronaldinho and his club have just turned down an £8million bid from Villarreal for his services.United have been monitoring Costa through their South American scout — former centre-back Jaap Stam.Inter Milan, Real Madrid and Liverpool are also tracking the rookie, who is due to talk to interested clubs at the end of the month.Costa would not need a work permit to move to England because he has a Portuguese passport.Chris Nathaniel, Costa’s advisor, said: “The boy is special and loves the Premier League. He has a lot of offers to consider.”

FABIAN DELPH SNUBS PREM Talented midfielder wants to learn his trade with Leeds LOCAL LAD - Fabian Delph WIGAN 1, ARSENAL 4 Arsene Wenger's men bounce back from the ropes to snatch victory Read LEEDS 3, SCUNTHORPE 2 By LUKE NICOLI, 11/04/2009 FABIAN DELPH is set to turn his back on the Premier League by staying at Leeds next season. The £5million-rated midfielder, 19, has been courted by Arsenal and Manchester United and was recently crowned the Football League's Young Player of the Year. But instead of chasing top-flight big bucks, Bradford-born Delph is ready to pledge his immediate future to Simon Grayson's League One promotion hopefuls. He said: "It's flattering to be linked with Premier League clubs but all I'm focused on at the moment is doing well for Leeds United and learning my trade. "As far as I'm concerned, I'm in the best place to do that. There have been other youngsters who left Elland Road for the lure of the Premier League early on and have disappeared off the scene."
News of the world talk trash, but it seems like a direct quote from delph himself

yeh he says that, but another season in league one might not be the most appealing to him if they don't come up
tbh he would be doing the right thing, another season or two learning his trade at leeds though, but if he does go villa would be his best destination, no point going to arsenal and man utd, guy needs to be playing regularly

Mascherano snubs Real - Cadena CopeAccording to Spanish radio station Cadena Cope, Liverpool midfielder Javier Mascherano has turned down an offer from Real Madrid presidential candidate Florentino Perez to join the Spanish giants next season. Is this a boost for Liverpool?http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11096_2920077,00.htmlcuntsleave the Chef alone

Rumours the Sturridge to come home deal is done and dusted - obviously complete and utter bollocks because these things snowball but it may mean we've made some sort of contact to him.Also rumours we've been taking looks at Clint Dempsey and Bentley. Would be happy enough with both. Dempsey would be a good replacement for Maloney.

Wellington close to Arsenal dealhttp://www.setanta.com/uk/Articles/Footbal...eal/gnid-49373/by Laurent Picard , 20 April 2009Setanta.com understands that Arsenal are about to offer Fluminense striker Wellington a contract. The 16-year-old starlet impressed Arsene Wenger with a seven-day trial with The Gunners in December, during which he was involved in a game against Norwich’s youth team. Wellington is yet to put pen-to-paper on a permanent deal with Fluminense, and as a consequence he is available.Real Madrid have also emerged as a possible destination for the Brazil Under-17 international who is believed to have signed a pre-agreement with Arsenal. Flu have refused to comment on the news, whereas the player confirmed during the Under-17 championship that plying his trade in Europe is part of his career plan. He said: “I am going to make a decision regarding my future in the next few weeks and what I want to do is play in Europe.”Lolname.

Rumours the Sturridge to come home deal is done and dusted - obviously complete and utter bollocks because these things snowball but it may mean we've made some sort of contact to him.Also rumours we've been taking looks at Clint Dempsey and Bentley. Would be happy enough with both. Dempsey would be a good replacement for Maloney.
You might just manage to sign Dean Sturridge. That's about it.

Tevez drops Man Utd exit warningCarlos Tevez has hinted for the first time that he will leave Manchester United at the end of the season.The 24-year-old striker's loan ends next month and United have yet to put a permanent deal in place."There are many players and they all need to play but I have not played important matches," said Tevez.Asked in an Argentine radio interview whether his stint with United was coming to an end, Tevez replied: "I think so."Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has repeatedly said the Tevez situation will be cleared up at the end of the season.Tevez lost his regular place in Ferguson's team when Dimitar Berbatov joined the club from Tottenham for £30.75m last August. The former West Ham forward told Radio Del Plata: "As a player I can't permit myself to play one game, but not another."And also, the World Cup is coming up. I see it very difficult to stay with Manchester United. That's the reality."You can score three or four goals and not play in the next game."It gets to your head. I need to play," said Tevez.Tevez, who joined United from West Ham, claimed to have received offers from other clubs, including at least one La Liga club in Spain. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...utd/8013479.stm

Madness that he's leaving after all the important goals he scored.Other times he played uptop on his own and put in a good performance only to be dropped the next game as soon as someone else was fit.He proved last season (just like Nani) that when played in a good run of games he's as good as anyone in his position.I'm just praying Ronnie doesn't go this summer or we'll be in a bit of pickle upfront.

Marseille defender Taye Taiwo has revealed it is his dream to play in England, but only for one of the 'Big Four'.The 24-year-old has many admirers in the Premier League, with Manchester City, Sunderland and Portsmouth all linked with the full-back in January.But the Nigeria international has set his sights high and has declared that he will not be leaving France unless either Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool or Manchester United come in for him.Taiwo has also expressed an interest to playing in Spain, but added that he would prefer England as it is better suited to his style."If I was to depart, then I would not join a small club," he told France-Football."It will be Manchester United, Chelsea, Liverpool or Arsenal.High hopes"I do not want to leave Marseille for the sake of it. If I make it, it will be for a big club, to win the UEFA Champions League, in England, or why not Spain?"I won't make it for money, otherwise I could immediately leave for Ukraine, where I could earn just as much."I am not scared by the level in England. I believe I have the right level to defend against (Wayne) Rooney or Cristiano Ronaldo."Anyway I am more powerful than them. The only one with whom it would be much more complex is (Lionel) Messi."He is too small and too strong. That's why maybe it could be better for me to join England rather than Spain."
taiwo what a fukin idiothe would be lucky to play for hull cityguy is a bafoon

Barnsley player Reuben Noble-Lazarus is currently training with Manchester United for two weeks.Noble-Lazarus is still only 15 years of age and has made two substitute appearance for the Reds this season.He has been a regular in the Reserves this season and also scored a memorable hat-trick against Sheffield United in the Academy side.Reuben has been with Barnsley Football Club setup from the age of twelve.This season he has played for the Under 16s, 18s, Reserves and First team.http://www.barnsleyone.com/article_t....php?seqno=420
0,,10309~4023588,00.jpglooks like a anderson/adriano combo

Rafael Benítez is preparing to antagonise Sir Alex Ferguson once more with an audacious bid to sign Carlos Tévez. The Argentina forward is increasingly resigned to leaving Manchester United at the end of the season, with Real Madrid his most likely destination. Benítez has signalled Liverpool’s willingness to join Chelsea, Manchester City and Inter Milan in the mêlée for his signature. Ferguson has not yet given up hope of retaining Tévez’s services after his complicated two-year lease arrangement expires at the end of the season, but the forward’s growing discontent means that he will consider a move away from Old Trafford — even if United manage to reach an agreement with the companies that hold his economic rights. Tévez, who joined United in a controversial move from West Ham United in August 2007, would be likely to cost any other club more than the £22 million that United have to pay at the end of the season to turn the player’s loan into a permanent deal. Benítez, though, is determined to test the water. The Spaniard knows that United have no control over Tévez if and when he leaves Old Trafford and that the Barclays Premier League leaders would not receive any money, with the transfer fee instead going to the companies, headed by Kia Joorabchian, that own the player’s economic rights. Tévez, 25, is frustrated at his loss of favour since Dimitar Berbatov’s arrival at Old Trafford from Tottenham Hotspur in the summer, having not started any of United’s four matches in the Champions League knockout phase. Madrid are favourites to sign Tévez should he end his two-year stint at United, with Florentino Pérez, who is expected to be elected Real’s new president next month, confident of delivering the forward as part of a wide-reaching rebuilding operation that is expected to include a world-record bid for Cristiano Ronaldo, the United forward. But Liverpool have registered their interest in signing Tévez if he wishes to stay in England — and if the price is right. Tévez declared in an interview with an Argentine radio station this week that “in my situation, an exit [from United] will be the best solution” and that “there are other options for next season”, citing interest from Real and Inter as well as other clubs, of which there are now three in England monitoring the situation. Ferguson, the United manager, would bristle at the idea of the forward joining just about any of the interested clubs. He blocked Gabriel Heinze’s proposed move to Liverpool in August 2007 and said of Real this season that he “wouldn’t sell that mob a virus”. As revealed in The Times a week ago, Tévez concluded that his future lay away from United after being dropped for the 1-0 victory away to Porto in the Champions League quarter-final, second leg. His sense of injustice is shared by some of his team-mates and certainly by the club’s supporters, who cheered his name loudly when the substitutes were announced before the 2-0 Premier League victory over Portsmouth on Wednesday — in contrast to Berbatov, whose name was booed by an audible minority. These are issues that Ferguson could do without, having shown several signs of tetchiness in recent weeks even as his team continue their defence of the Premier League and Champions League titles. He has been at odds with Benítez since January and the Liverpool manager continued the verbal jousting yesterday. Benítez insisted that he had been right to stand up to his United counterpart and that Liverpool are the better team on form, even though they trail by three points in the title race, having played a game more. “I’m not having a battle of words with Alex Ferguson,” Benítez said in an interview with a Spanish newspaper. “But I believe that he can see that we are the better side and that we’re very close to United. He has been playing these kind of mind games for many years. Nobody has ever said anything against him or stood up to him. It seems like he has a licence to do these sort of things. “I try not to talk too much, but all I can do when I speak is to defend my own team. I did not say that he seems frightened, but I said that he looks nervous as he can see that we are very close to his team.”
Doubt this will happen but Tevez and Torres upfront together would be sick