Thieving little bastards..

Eskay Jones

similar thing has happened to mei logged into my online banking and saw over a 3 day period some company has charged me 14.99 seventeen times (£254)rang halifax, they said it looks like "card fraud" and have sent me some documents i need to fill out and return to them (they haven't arrived yet).if its me whos put my details on a dodgy website a few years ago and theyv kept them and charged me now then it surely is my fault and they wont give me the money back?i'm not expecting it back tbh, but this thread has made me think that perhaps they might give it me?
It's still an unauthorised transaction and they have to refund it, and pretty sure your covered by the 'law'
credit cards fraund with a value of £100-30000debit cards are not, bt dependin on the bank and the transaction they may refund it
debit card, pissed

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

similar thing has happened to mei logged into my online banking and saw over a 3 day period some company has charged me 14.99 seventeen times (£254)rang halifax, they said it looks like "card fraud" and have sent me some documents i need to fill out and return to them (they haven't arrived yet).if its me whos put my details on a dodgy website a few years ago and theyv kept them and charged me now then it surely is my fault and they wont give me the money back?i'm not expecting it back tbh, but this thread has made me think that perhaps they might give it me?
It's still an unauthorised transaction and they have to refund it, and pretty sure your covered by the 'law'
credit cards fraund with a value of £100-30000debit cards are not, bt dependin on the bank and the transaction they may refund it
Debit cards are covered.
Though debit cards, like credit cards, are covered under Regulation E, the credit card issuer still has up to 60 days to reimburse consumers. The amount of reimbursement depends on when the issuer is notified of the theft or loss. If he notifies the issuer within the first 48 hours, the consumer's liability is limited to $50. If notified in more than 48 hours, but in less than 60 days, then the consumer liability is limited to $500. If notified quickly, most issuing banks historically have taken the full liability for credit cards, even though they're not required to. For signature-based cards, both card associations have zero liability policies that protect the cardholder if: * The account is in good standing. * The user has exercised "reasonable care" * The user hasn't reported an excessive amount of unauthorized events (e.g., successive months of unauthorized purchases.) What constitutes "reasonable care" isn't clearly defined, points out Jeff Green, Editor of ATM & Debit Card News. Additionally, PIN-based transactions may not be corrected as quickly as signature-based transactions. The issuer may not accept partial or full liability for the PIN-based transactions. Again, it's the method of payment ­ an immediate deduction from the cardholder's account ­ that poses potential major problems. Even if the issuer reimburses the holder, it could be as much as 60 days before the money is back in the account. That's still plenty of time to be without the money. With many American's living from paycheck to paycheck, a $500 loss will mean unpaid bills, bounced checks and a negative credit rating. The checks or automatic payments (e.g., utility company monthly payment plans) are particularly troublesome because the account could be cleaned out quickly. The owner may not know until he receives the first default payment notice, then needs to go through the challenge and wait 60 days until recovering lost funds ­ assuming he's successful in the challenge. Even though merchants aren't generally liable in instances of debit card fraud ­ unless they're found to be committing the crime themselves‹ they can suffer serious consequences. In addition to the chargebacks, customers can have real or imagined concerns that the merchant was to blame for the error, and for the customer's ensuing challenges in getting reimbursement. If the word gets out that a merchant, particularly a small one, has been the subject of widespread card fraud, consumers will avoid doing business with him, Berry added. Steps are being taken to guard against online debit card fraud. Requesting a driver's license or another form of identification is on unobtrusive way to further confirm the identity of a cardholder. Additionally, companies provide technology that quickly identifies suspect transactions, enabling the merchant to deny immediate acceptance of an order until further verification can be made. The card associations and vendors also offer software to merchants and processors that help them detect fraud through the use of neural networks and profiling ­ which look for fraud trends to flag potentially fraudulent transactions.
The amounts are the same but in £, I.E £50But SERIOUSLY THOUGH HOW IS MAN GONNA MAKE THE SAME TOPIC ALMOST 2 MONTHS AGO?VIP2 GASSERS.

what website are you using?when u get to the payment page, check the bottom right hand corner. There should be a little padlock there which shows that the website is encrypted and securedif it isnt there, DONT ENTER YOUR DETAILSonly use trusted websites as well. but always look out for the padlock
yep. If I don't see https and a padlock then I just don't do it.and the way I hawk my card whenever I use it when I'm out... I watch the real hustle too much.

Guest Triple XXX
Debit cards are covered.
Though debit cards, like credit cards, are covered under Regulation E, the credit card issuer still has up to 60 days to reimburse consumers. The amount of reimbursement depends on when the issuer is notified of the theft or loss. If he notifies the issuer within the first 48 hours, the consumer's liability is limited to $50. If notified in more than 48 hours, but in less than 60 days, then the consumer liability is limited to $500. If notified quickly, most issuing banks historically have taken the full liability for credit cards, even though they're not required to. For signature-based cards, both card associations have zero liability policies that protect the cardholder if: * The account is in good standing. * The user has exercised "reasonable care" * The user hasn't reported an excessive amount of unauthorized events (e.g., successive months of unauthorized purchases.) What constitutes "reasonable care" isn't clearly defined, points out Jeff Green, Editor of ATM & Debit Card News. Additionally, PIN-based transactions may not be corrected as quickly as signature-based transactions. The issuer may not accept partial or full liability for the PIN-based transactions. Again, it's the method of payment ­ an immediate deduction from the cardholder's account ­ that poses potential major problems. Even if the issuer reimburses the holder, it could be as much as 60 days before the money is back in the account. That's still plenty of time to be without the money. With many American's living from paycheck to paycheck, a $500 loss will mean unpaid bills, bounced checks and a negative credit rating. The checks or automatic payments (e.g., utility company monthly payment plans) are particularly troublesome because the account could be cleaned out quickly. The owner may not know until he receives the first default payment notice, then needs to go through the challenge and wait 60 days until recovering lost funds ­ assuming he's successful in the challenge. Even though merchants aren't generally liable in instances of debit card fraud ­ unless they're found to be committing the crime themselves‹ they can suffer serious consequences. In addition to the chargebacks, customers can have real or imagined concerns that the merchant was to blame for the error, and for the customer's ensuing challenges in getting reimbursement. If the word gets out that a merchant, particularly a small one, has been the subject of widespread card fraud, consumers will avoid doing business with him, Berry added. Steps are being taken to guard against online debit card fraud. Requesting a driver's license or another form of identification is on unobtrusive way to further confirm the identity of a cardholder. Additionally, companies provide technology that quickly identifies suspect transactions, enabling the merchant to deny immediate acceptance of an order until further verification can be made. The card associations and vendors also offer software to merchants and processors that help them detect fraud through the use of neural networks and profiling ­ which look for fraud trends to flag potentially fraudulent transactions.
The amounts are the same but in £, I.E £50But SERIOUSLY THOUGH HOW IS MAN GONNA MAKE THE SAME TOPIC ALMOST 2 MONTHS AGO?VIP2 GASSERS.
im pretty sure that USmaybe the UK regulation has changed since banks nearly copplapsed, coz as i recall debit cards er covered under whatever law they call it

Guest Lisa Turtle

The basics:Online shopping...you need that padlock in the cornerUse a f*ck*ng credit card for goodness sake.I never use a debit card to buy anything online.From any website.

just copped a louis bag using the deets.hope it dont get cancelled.oh n this sh*t happened to me before like 3 years ago. and it wenrt even a debit card or credit card. n they got me for over a bag happened whilst i was ill in my yard n they withdrew the limit each day for like 4 days tbh id like to fraud myself n claim the pees back.someone pm me about that

just copped a louis bag using the deets.hope it dont get cancelled.oh n this sh*t happened to me before like 3 years ago. and it wenrt even a debit card or credit card. n they got me for over a bag happened whilst i was ill in my yard n they withdrew the limit each day for like 4 days tbh id like to fraud myself n claim the pees back.someone pm me about that
Who do you bank with?

Those who would actually think i'd waste everybodies time to fabricate a story about this have mental problems, I was using sites online to buy various goods this one site i've been using since December 08 is the reason why my card got skimmed twice in 2 months.
wat site is this...