FAO: Black people

Da Luv Doc

on the ghana tip, the ancient empire of ghana was much bigger than the landmass of Ghana today, as it was established in Sudan and spread all the way to include senegal, gambia, tchad and up to the borders of the sahara. The black hebrews who faced constant persecution from northern invaders and arab muslims seeking their conversion migrated into these parts and were known to have set up the first empires of these African states.There are historical writings of the time back in Algeria in the 9th century that state how an algerian historian and merchant went to Old ghana and came back to talk of how the people he met there were of hebrew origin, and spoke a mixture of hebrew-phoenician language. he said they had fled from the kingdoms of israel and they observed the laws of moses, he described their ceremonies of rituals which were the same as those observed in israel. The ghana empire then became faced with the incursion of islam into africa which also meant that the trading power was now in the hands of muslims, and rather than keep fighting they began to allow islam to spread in their empire which led to the break up of it, and from the old Ghana empire rose the Mali empireMany of the ancient writings on stone and tribal similarities between the Old Ghanain empire tribes and the jewish cultures today were researched in modern times in the 20th century by european/american historians and jewish scholars who went into parts of the old ghana empire and were shocked to find truth to this, including hebrew-arabic texts and inscriptions on stone. as nearly all these countries by that time were under colonial rule, they were most likely able to take any such evidence away for further "study" and never return it, or make any big announcements of their findings. --------Read "from Babylon to timbutku" and "west Africa before europe" as it has alot of detail about this indepth. surprisingly, many of the Authors or even the books the've written about this subject do not appear when you do a wikipeadia search

something also interesting is about the Disney LION KING movie. for anyone who thought it was just disney folklore set in South Africa it was actually based on a very true story about the First King of Mali who was called Sundiata (the ATA comes from Jata which means lion). a muslim king who began the Mali empire alot of events were lifted from the true story, from the prophecy by the oracle about the great king who shall build a great empire, to timon and pumbaa who in real life was one person and a poet, sort of like a court jester given to the young sundiata and was customary for royal children to have griots to offer companionship. sundiata was cheated of the throne when his father died, as his Father's 1st wife chose her own son to assume the throne, even thought sundiata was promised the kingdom. his mother took him his and sisters and fled into exile when they heard of plots to kill sundiata as he was seen as a threat to the new king.The kingdom was attacked by a more powerful king and sundiata's people were subject to dictatorship and bad rule sundiata's half sister became prisoner of the new king. Sundiata grew up to come back and fight the king and defeat him and set up a new kingdom, that became the First Mali empire.

• 2 weeks later...

The Cradle of Humanity has been assigned between the Tigris and the Euphrates rivers in Sumer -what is now
 Iran, some 6000 years ago. But the persistent research by South Africans Michael Tellinger, Johan Heine and a team 
of leading scientists, over a seven-year period, has shown that the Sumerians, and even the Egyptians, inherited most
of their knowledge from an earlier advanced gold mining civilization which thrived at the Southern tip of Africa 
more than 200,000 years ago.These were also the people who carved the first Horus bird, the first Sphinx, built the first pyramids and built an accurate stone calendar right in the heart of it all. They call it "Adam’s Calendar.

following up from this south african bushmen link: in a book by Dr Bey: EL-Mu'uria or Mu is said to be one of the earliest world cultures... The Legendary civilization of EL Mu'uria (Lemuria, Mu) flourished over 90,000 years ago before sinking beneath the Pacific Ocean, over 12,500 years ago, during the melting of the last ice age (world cataclysm).The KaMA'atu (Egyptian) historian, Manetho gave a history of KaMA'at's (Egypt's) dynasties that goes back at least 24,927 (approximately 25,000) years (to time of EL Mu'uria [LeMuria, Mu] and Aztlan [Atlan-tis]). There is some archaelogical, & geological evidence which allays to an advanced, ancient supercivilization once thrived in the Central Pacific. Ancient underwater cities have already been discovered in the Pacific Ocean. The ancient KaMA'atu (Egyptians) spoke of the "Twa [Ptah-ites,Tengu, Anu, Ainu and misnomer 'Pygmy'] people" -small brown men who were early inhabitants on Earth. The Ainus, Japan's oldest known inhabitants, have traditions which tell of a race of dark dwarfs which inhabited Japan before they did. Historians Cheikh Anta Diop and Albert Churchward saw the Ainus as originating in KaMA'at (Egypt) There is archeological support for this. In addition, ancient KaMA'at (Egypt) and Mesopotamia records the "Anu" (Ainu?). The Ainu "... are of the same original race and type as the Australian Aborigines" reports Churchward in "SIGNS AND SYMBOLS OF PRIMODIAL MAN". J.A. Rogers writes in "SEX AND RACE Vol. I,"... there are any number of Japanese who, but for color and hair, bear a striking resemblance to the South African Bushman..siemreapoldman.jpgscan_4BOTS-BUSH-SC-04-B8-_copy_screen.jpg

• Upvote 1

and here is evidence of such cities found in the pacific:Japans Underwater Pyramidsjapan_6.jpg Hidden beneath the waters off Okinawa, Japan, lies one of the greatest mysteries of present day archaeology. Majestic stone structures lying between 60 to 100 feet under the waters surface. Man made, made by nature - these enigmatic structures have the Japanese wondering if their homeland was once part of the lost continent Mu, the Asiatic version of Atlantis. Stone terraces, right angled blocks and walls, stone circles encompassing hexagonal columns look intriguingly, if not conclusively, man made. A road encircling the structures, which encompass eight seperate sites appear to point to human hands in their creation.japan_5.jpgjapan_13.gifjapan_8.jpgthese sites have not been above the surface of the ocean since before the end of the last Ice Age, which would put their ages between 8 and 12 thousand years old. Since constructing these would have required tools and machinery, the acceptance of the fact that these are man made has turned the world of archaeology on its head, as modern archaeologists do not accept that man was that advanced at that time.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

On this day in history the country formerly known as the republic of upper voltar is OFFICIALLY NAMED BURKINA FASO'Figuratively, "Burkina" may be translated, "men of integrity," from the Mòoré language, and "Faso" means "father's house" in Dioula.'je peux pas trouver les videos en anglais, mais pour ceux qui comprendre francais, on peux regarder:otherwise read about it, a country with a very interesting historyhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burkina_Fasohttp://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1568227149281410076#an Thomas Sankara was a very inspirational individual, it was VIP in fact that made me know about him in the first place

and here is evidence of such cities found in the pacific:Japans Underwater Pyramidsjapan_6.jpg Hidden beneath the waters off Okinawa, Japan, lies one of the greatest mysteries of present day archaeology. Majestic stone structures lying between 60 to 100 feet under the waters surface. Man made, made by nature - these enigmatic structures have the Japanese wondering if their homeland was once part of the lost continent Mu, the Asiatic version of Atlantis. Stone terraces, right angled blocks and walls, stone circles encompassing hexagonal columns look intriguingly, if not conclusively, man made. A road encircling the structures, which encompass eight seperate sites appear to point to human hands in their creation.japan_5.jpgjapan_13.gifjapan_8.jpgthese sites have not been above the surface of the ocean since before the end of the last Ice Age, which would put their ages between 8 and 12 thousand years old. Since constructing these would have required tools and machinery, the acceptance of the fact that these are man made has turned the world of archaeology on its head, as modern archaeologists do not accept that man was that advanced at that time.
yh pyramids r bare confusing. Must be holy temples or summat.

• 3 weeks later...

Random internet searches/links friends have sent me and I had a sh*t load of links that I used when researching for my dissertation etcI really enjoy reading about American history/society/culture, so I always look blogs/articles/opinions on that stuff. Some sites/articles that I like that offer a perspective on those areas - http://thorainstitute.blogspot.com/http://www.sentencingproject.org/ - (This website gives a good perspective on America's prison system, the disparities within the system, how the laws effect certain groups and so on) http://www.city-journal.org/2008/18_3_african_american_awakening.htmlhttp://www.epi.org/publications/entry/webfeatures_viewpoints_dont_blame_culture//On a slightly different note, has anyone ever read stuff by black conservatives (mainly in America), like John McWhorter?

On a slightly different note, has anyone ever read stuff by black conservatives (mainly in America), like John McWhorter?
will read those links later on, RE john mcwhorter no i havent, i usually tend to stay away from the whole 'conservative' V 'liberal' affiliation.its usually fodder meant for sheep, FROM sheep imo. what i believe has no affiliation to being strictly conservative or liberal.

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/africa/06/21/kingdom.ife.sculptures/index.htmlThe African sculptures mistaken for remains of Atlantis London, England (CNN) -- A hundred years ago when German explorer Leo Frobenius visited West Africa and came across some sculpted bronze heads and terracotta figures, he was sure he had discovered remains of the mythical lost city of Atlantis.He refused to believe that the sophisticated and ornately carved bronze sculptures were made in Africa. Leading art experts believe they are among the most aesthetically striking and technically sophisticated in the world.The Ife kingdom was believed to have flourished from the 12th to the 15th centuries in the lush forests of the lower Niger in West Africa in what is today the south western region of Nigeria.Frobenius' assertions helped reinforce long held assumptions of African art as primitive and inferior to European art.However, 30 years later, Europeans were forced to revise these previously held assumptions when 18 brass and copper sculptures were discovered in the Ife kingdom. The works were later brought to London, where they were enthusiastically received.A 1948 article in the Illustrated London News was headlined: "African art worthy to rank with the finest works of Italy and Greece" and "Donatellos of medieval Africa."As critic Michael Glover notes in the UK's Independent newspaper, "At the same historical moment that Andrea del Verrocchio was doing his wonderfully painstaking, high-Renaissance drawing of a female head, anonymous artisans in Ife were working with brass, bronze, copper and terracotta to produce a series of exquisite heads that are not only the equal of Donatello in technical brilliance, but also just as naturalistic in their refinement. So much for African primitivism."kingdom-of-ife-002.jpg

• Upvote 5

Pos'd Carpe, interesting.If I could spend a few more years in education, would love to read do a degree in African history.
Same here, I'm 23, was thinking about doing something along those lines at Uni. African History/ Black history. Just skeptical about Massa teaching it.

Guest Triple XXX

saw some program yesterday about African colonisation on al jazeeraf*ckin hell i did not know 90% of the stuffand im from a former colonysmhi need to step my homeland education game updissapointed

I think when I am old an retired I will look to take the degree, still gotta do the rest of my law stuff and then start my career, so can't see me doing it any time soon. Until then, I will just try reading books Any recommendationsCarpe? (or anyone else) nothing to heavy though.