CR best center forward in the world

Kaiser

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

loath him or hate him you cant deny his ability but a centre forward he aint. Even with all his goals.Remember George Best scored 6 in a match but he wasnt a centre forward either. This shouldnt even be a topic cos whoever suggested he was the best CF was on some gas ting

Meanwhile, Ronaldo vanished. Starved of service and support, the Portuguese was reduced to chasing speculative long-balls destined for the touchline. The lethal flashes of the early ten minutes were nowhere to be seen, replaced only with palpable frustration.Naturally, all the CR7-haters will scream, “There he goes again, bottling it when it counts.” But that ain’t fair; more importantly, it isn’t true, either.The reigning FIFA World Player of the Year was, quite simply, the only United player who seemed up for it. What happened to all the guys who supposedly step up to compensate for Ronaldo’s indifference in the big games, hmm?Ryan Giggs, the stand-in skipper, had no idea what position he was playing, and his wanderlust was largely responsible for Barca’s midfield dominance; Michael Carrick, whom some have dubbed (so, so wrongly) the best holding player in the world, had nil influence going forward or back; Park Ji-sung, the fairytale inclusion, was a waste of space…And Wayne Rooney, England’s golden boy and undisputed riser to all occasions, was simply abominable.But worst of all was Sir Alex Ferguson. His tactical set-up and arrangement of personnel was wrong from the beginning, despite United’s strong start. It became clear as soon as the Blaugrana got the ball that it would be nigh-on impossible for the Red Devils and their non-existent midfield to get it back. They didn’t get it back – or at least, on the few occasions they did, they could nothing with it.But Ronaldo ploughed on. He stuck to his guns, kept his faith in the gameplan and tried to make the most of an awful, awful situation. He was the only Red Devil who looked capable – let alone likely – of making any sort of inroads into the Barcelona back line. With the exception of the put-upon Edwin van der Sar, the much maligned No. 7 was the only one who could rightly return to England with his head held high.That’s not to say he won the head-to-head battle with the heir presumptive to his World Player and Ballon d’Or crowns – far from it. Messi, despite failing to shine his brightest, was clearly the more influential of the two.Some may think otherwise, and fair enough – to each their own – but ultimately it matters not a bit. What is important is that Cristiano Ronaldo did not let Manchester United down on Wednesday night – they let him, and themselves, down. With a little help from Barcelona.
love how man utd fans are saying he can go nowwhen him and tevez are gone utd won't win the league and definately won't get anywhere in the CL.

To be fair, he was UTD's best player. Rooney and Park was sh*t. Midfield had giggs pmsl. He's good in a defensive team looking to counter. From what i saw yesterday, everyone was in their half 'cause every time barcelona had the ball it was always the attacking players vs 4 defenders. No one was playing deep apart from when i saw Tevez foul iniesta outside the utd's 18 yard box :lol:To be fair, Ronaldo has all the qualities. He's quick, strong on the ball, can shoot, header and has decent movement (not up there with top strikers)He's not better than Torres though. When i saw that guy live, the guy never makes mistakes. Probs the best striker in the world.

Ronaldo gets ratings, him and VDS were the best utd players last night,and he was the only player that showed passion once we went 2-0 down, shudda cracked that c*nt puyol skull with his elbow, and slapped that bitch xavi.noone else showed any sort of passion, smh.

loath him or hate him you cant deny his ability but a centre forward he aint. Even with all his goals.Remember George Best scored 6 in a match but he wasnt a centre forward either. This shouldnt even be a topic cos whoever suggested he was the best CF was on some gas ting
Alie, pinkworthy.

Torres scores so much because that Liverpool side is built around getting the best out of him. Not saying United's isn't out of Ronaldo's either.Ronaldo is quicker, more physical, better in the air and can link play better (FA Cup assist for Gerrard against Everton isn't being discounted).Torres is less effective when he doesn't have space. If you took Gerrard and Kuyt out of the team he wouldn't score as many goals. Infact someone show me his goals to games ratio w/o Gerrard.Ronaldo's record is unmatched, don't have any stats but everyone has seen what Ronaldo has done over the past 2 years in the Champions League when playing upfront on his own. And has seen was he's done for the majority of his United career playing off the front killing teams through the middle of the park.Torres' record (while still absolute class) for Spain and Atletico shows that when he does more than stay in the final third he's not as effective.People are too quick to pigeonhole players.

i agree about torres, if you force him to get involved in the build up play he isn't nearly as a effectivebut what you said doesnt mean ronaldo can play as a striker,it means he scores alot of goals,but that isnt what the whole discussion is about.

Ronaldo is at his best when he attacks the central position rather than starting there.
C/STorres is at his best when he's in the central position rather than attacking from a deeper position as JJ suggested where he mentioned Spain and Atletico. He doesnt need to get involved in the build up play. We got Alonso, Masch, Gerrard, Riera, Kuyt, Benayoun etc to do that. He's there to finish chances given to him by his team mates. Taking Gerrard or Kuyt out the team will create less space for him? Going on like they are the only 2 players who create space. Dont make sense to me cos thats just another one of them "what if" situations. As long as he gets into the right positions, which is what he is the best in the world at doing, you know what the end result will be.No doubt he is the best striker in the world at the moment.

I'm not disputing Torres is class but outside the final third he doesn't offer as much. Ronaldo was alright last night, United lost because their midfield couldn't get the ball from Barca and to him enough IMO.If you put Torres in United's team ahead of Ronaldo last night I don't think it would have changed a thing.

I'm not disputing Torres is class but outside the final third he doesn't offer as much. Ronaldo was alright last night, United lost because their midfield couldn't get the ball from Barca and to him enough IMO.If you put Torres in United's team ahead of Ronaldo last night I don't think it would have changed a thing.
But he's a CF. Centre forwards shouldn't have to concern himself with the areas of the pitch if the team is doing their job...Yes, Ronaldo is better overall attacking player, but as a straight striker, no way.

He's still the best player in the world in my books, we need him but if him not wanting to comment on his future means he is debating Real Madrid again he can just f*ck off and get sold now, sick of his sh*t attitude. The most boring transfer saga the world has ever known.

He was showboating last night, desperate to score another 40 yarder to send out a message to Messi and the world that he is number 1, which wasn't too much of a bad thing considering he was the only man that was actually trying.Guy done that Interview on himself the other day talkin bout the Real Madrid thing and was giving it Plzz Ronnie same old question "I am happy here I want to stay here" Champions Leagues over and now he don't wanna discuss his future again. f*ck him and f*ck Real Madrid though, thanks for your services and have a nice time getting dominated by Barce year in year out. Never be a Man Utd Legend.