New car on finance

Jm0nEy

Finance is the biggest bullshit on planet earth. any idiot who gets finance deserves to be mugged off.
Thats nice, so you'll be buying your house outright?or renting?mug.
i cant believe you made the compairison with something that is under 15 and something is over 150kare you stupid. mortgage and finance are two different things.f*ck*ng idiot.
Getting a £15k vehicle and paying it off after 3/4 yearsORgetting a £200k loan and paying it off after 25/30 years With both of the above, the object is not yours until that final payment is due. If you spend £199,999 and default on your final £1 payment they will still take you to court and reposses your house. So it doesn't matter wether I'm comparing something thats £1 or £1million - it's the same principle and logic.Your saying that people that get finance are mugs, if thats the case I'm expecting you to buy your house with cash outright because if you don't - YOUR GETTING FINANCE.you mug.
lol@the naivity of your post.the logic/principle holds no weight when it comes to a mortage or a finance.it's pure simple finance you buy a car for X amount and you pay nearly a 1/3 or more after your finished paying.Atleast wit ha mortgage i'd be able to make a PROFIT on a house. you think after my mortgage is paid off my property will decrease in value like a car would?Your clueless.Cars decrease in price.Houses will always increase unless the economy collaspes. And dont bring up the credit crunch cuz im buying not selling. i dont think a recession will be effecting us in 24years to come.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the moral of this thread is there is a new breed of consumer in the uk. stunters who pose in rented 09 whips and throw money down holes renting out bachelor pads they will never actually own and wear ed hardy jeans paid for using their credit card at 34.9% APR. At the end of the day they do not own any solid assets to sell off if things go wrong or pass on to their children.ask yourself, are you that guy.IMO liquidity is the name of the game. If you cant turn at least 1 of your major possessions into cold hard cash quickly, you're playing a dangerous game
That's not new. People been doing that since the 80's. lol

some interesting read...i believe KayGee has made the most logical post out of everyone... whereby she said if u have money, put it on a house, then finance a car...but everyones differentpersonally, i havnt even been thinkin bout houses till probably the last 5 months... so i hopefully will put down a deposit on a house within the next 1-3 yrs

i just dont see why some people see a car bought for personal use as a some sort of asset investment. thats where the whole concept of buying a brand new or on finance gets misused. i mean u have people who have up to a million in the bank buying a car on some sort of finance, as do multi billion pound companies.u don't use the concept of finance in comparison to a house unless its just advice to stay off credit as a whole until they make that biggest investment/asset. but any car less than 10k and as a first car considering you still need about a 3-5k deposit is probably better to just buy a decent used one that costs the amt of your deposit

Finance is the biggest bullshit on planet earth. any idiot who gets finance deserves to be mugged off.
Thats nice, so you'll be buying your house outright?or renting?mug.
i cant believe you made the compairison with something that is under 15 and something is over 150kare you stupid. mortgage and finance are two different things.f*ck*ng idiot.
Getting a £15k vehicle and paying it off after 3/4 yearsORgetting a £200k loan and paying it off after 25/30 years With both of the above, the object is not yours until that final payment is due. If you spend £199,999 and default on your final £1 payment they will still take you to court and reposses your house. So it doesn't matter wether I'm comparing something thats £1 or £1million - it's the same principle and logic.Your saying that people that get finance are mugs, if thats the case I'm expecting you to buy your house with cash outright because if you don't - YOUR GETTING FINANCE.you mug.
lol@the naivity of your post.the logic/principle holds no weight when it comes to a mortage or a finance.it's pure simple finance you buy a car for X amount and you pay nearly a 1/3 or more after your finished paying.Atleast wit ha mortgage i'd be able to make a PROFIT on a house. you think after my mortgage is paid off my property will decrease in value like a car would?Your clueless.Cars decrease in price.Houses will always increase unless the economy collaspes. And dont bring up the credit crunch cuz im buying not selling. i dont think a recession will be effecting us in 24years to come.
I'm not comparing the value of a car to the value of a house.My point is, your saying finance is for mugs - yet you WILL BE GETTING FINANCE.But it's ok, you keep telling yourself that the £1000 your paying each month for "your" house aint finance. Because a quarter of a century later when your a middle aged man you MAY make a profit.

eskay jonesjust so you're aware. house prices do decrease, and if u havent heard, house prices have tumbled some 25% this year leaving i think about 10% of mortgage owners in negative equitydropping £15K on a car in cash is a waste of money. i too would rather put it towards a house and some furniture, and buy a cheap car second hand, or if i could afford it, get a car on finance

A 13grand BRAND NEW CAR would be a piece of sh*t. Some 1.4 Ford Focus with cloth interior.And anyone who can afford a 20 grand car outright under the age of 25 years old lives at home with mum and dad. And then if you are dropping that money on a car instead of a deposit you're an idiot anyway.
my boy turns 26 this year. jus got a rs6 las weekend. paid off. had a q7 before that. not a footballer. dont sell drugs. legal job. self employed car sprayer.

KayGee i paid for my car outright at 22 i spent 13gs on it. I could've waited 1one more year and afforded a 20g car if i wanted. It's not hard if your working,
Im not saying that it doesnt happen im just saying this is not the case for the majority.At 22 i will have enough saved to buy a car but i would rather keep saving to put a deposit down on a house and get a car on finance instead. It all depends on the individual - uni, work, how much they get paid, plans for the future etc.
This exactly!!I said this in my original post about people just having no sense.Cars are luxuries, there is plenty good public transports for people to use which most times works out cheaper.A House is a must!

are some of u people envying people who are drug dealers and fraudsters who can buy cars outright... coz ive seen a few sentences saying "not a drug dealer" and all of that... wotever pays for the car, pays for the car... who caresand that will always be on the up in the same way as other people can buy cars by saving...

if you have savings for at least half the value of the car to put down as deposit, the finance repayment will be minor... per month. Even if u lose ur job, no doubt you can survive a month, two or three, by which time you should be able to get yourself back into work... worst case scenario is you have to sell your car, and cos the loan (finance amount will be relatively low, cos of ur hefty deposit in the 1st place). Selling the car (depending on if you choose a reputable car make) will hold some decent value to pay off the remaning finance amount... and still leave urself with change in ur back pocket to play with.No big deal.But getting a car on 100% finance is a mugs game. u would need your head examining on that front.

ahhh im tired of seeing this thread and everyone give their 2 pence while trying to talk about their £50. the person does not need vip2 to get advice. go to moneysaving expert.co.uk and other websites with people who really know the deal. 10 pages containing 8 pages of bullshit.

moneysaving expert is a heavy website but 95% of users on there are no better clued up then VIP2
its a website thats received many awards, the moderators on there work in finance, insurance, and law, its full of non clued up users but the moderators are there to offer better advice than you. thats life G, let it go.

moneysaving expert is a heavy website but 95% of users on there are no better clued up then VIP2
its a website thats received many awards, the moderators on there work in finance, insurance, and law, its full of non clued up users but the moderators are there to offer better advice than you. thats life G, let it go.

you win again