New car on finance

Jm0nEy

leasing is ok. but some the companies take the piss. 36 months @ £300 for a astra. when i could get a new mercs for less then that.(less monthly payments) if i was wanting to go down the pay monthly / finance route. either way id be paying off a car for years. leasing is good as its less upkeep for certain things. no paying tax, repairs etc. but then its kinda like renting a house. all good. but it feels good to own somthing. but just depends on your circumstances i guess. me personally. would rather save up and get a car and up the level each time. been driving 7 years. 1st car was a 93 civic which got for like 500. 2nd car was another civic. but newer and cost some more. and went up and up. right now. im not a car owner. i have full usage of a car. so i dont need to buy one right now. plus im saving for a mortgage. but come winter time i think i will have to buy my own car, cos of my work shifts and times. if your wanting somthing like a fiesta and then put it on finance i dont see the point. i kno one girl with a 12 grand fiesta on finance. when she could got something much better and worth while.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

leasing is ok. but some the companies take the piss. 36 months @ £300 for a astra. when i could get a new mercs for less then that.(less monthly payments) if i was wanting to go down the pay monthly / finance route. either way id be paying off a car for years. leasing is good as its less upkeep for certain things. no paying tax, repairs etc. but then its kinda like renting a house. all good. but it feels good to own somthing. but just depends on your circumstances i guess. me personally. would rather save up and get a car and up the level each time. been driving 7 years. 1st car was a 93 civic which got for like 500. 2nd car was another civic. but newer and cost some more. and went up and up. right now. im not a car owner. i have full usage of a car. so i dont need to buy one right now. plus im saving for a mortgage. but come winter time i think i will have to buy my own car, cos of my work shifts and times. if your wanting somthing like a fiesta and then put it on finance i dont see the point. i kno one girl with a 12 grand fiesta on finance. when she could got something much better and worth while.
you really need to shop around when leasing cos some companies take the pissi have a 2.0 TDi VW Tiguan f*ck paying £300 per month for an astraanother reason why i lease is because when i get a new job te lease will get paid by the company where as if i bought a car it would be sat unused as id have to have another company car

LOL @ leasing though.TBH, would feel much better owning the car, if by finance, then let it be, because at the same time I buy a brand new car, I'll be paying for a house, kids, bills etc etc so saving lots of money to buy a car out right is out of the question, even if I get 30k+ a year.

Leasing/HP/Contract Hire = 1 and the same thing.Unless you are using it to by a cheap car, you will NEVER own your vehicle on HP unless your on a mad long contract or you have the £5/6/7k at the end to pay the baloon payment.Like Messy said, you need to shop around when leasing and you will find a good deal.If you want a nice car but cant' afford the £15k+ to buy outright = HP/LeaseIf you want an A-to-B car = save £5k and buy outrightLOL @ certain people in this topic talking like they are experts. Sound like them same "experts" who would tell me in 2006 "PUT YA MONEY IN HOUSING BOSS, TRUST ME YOU CANT FAIL, THE HOUSING MARKET IS THE ONLY MARKET THAT GOES UP"

How many people does anyone on here know of who buy brand new cars/less than a year old car outright???I doubt it will be alot.Why do you think the car companies are crying, this is that standard way to buy a car for people.
i know a few who can / have. but there isnt a lot of people out there with that kinda doe to just spend on a car. in relation to topic title....................wouldnt a bank loan be a better option then car finance though?

Leasing/HP/Contract Hire = 1 and the same thing.Unless you are using it to by a cheap car, you will NEVER own your vehicle on HP unless your on a mad long contract or you have the £5/6/7k at the end to pay the baloon payment.Like Messy said, you need to shop around when leasing and you will find a good deal.If you want a nice car but cant' afford the £15k+ to buy outright = HP/LeaseIf you want an A-to-B car = save £5k and buy outrightLOL @ certain people in this topic talking like they are experts. Sound like them same "experts" who would tell me in 2006 "PUT YA MONEY IN HOUSING BOSS, TRUST ME YOU CANT FAIL, THE HOUSING MARKET IS THE ONLY MARKET THAT GOES UP"
yeh but then you havent said anything new that hasnt already been said in here. there are different options to getting a car. and yes put your money in housing its the only market that goes up. this time in 24 months the market will be back up and some people will still be waiting to purchase even though theyve been waiting for 10 yrs

How many people does anyone on here know of who buy brand new cars/less than a year old car outright???I doubt it will be alot.Why do you think the car companies are crying, this is that standard way to buy a car for people.
i know several people who do.Its the difference between knowing people who have money and people who spend what they dont have.

i know several people who do.Its the difference between knowing people who have money and people who spend what they dont have.
I need to meet your friends, no doubt they are middle class toffs who will think I'm "exotic" and be fascinated by my war stories of South London.

I need to meet your friends, no doubt they are middle class toffs who will think I'm "exotic" and be fascinated by my war stories of South London.
I highly doubt that one darling!

LOLThem bitches there.It's jokes when you mess around with white women from areas such as St Albans, always opening their legs to anyone who looks like they have black in them at least and their fannies take the buss shots.

Drunk are these people alot older though. I dont know anyone who can afford a brand new car outright except if their parents paid for it.
Even so, how can most parents pay for a new car outright???I have known of people who earn alot of money pay for their car by finance or get a loan for it.

i no people that can but it will f*ck them up hard if something eles goes wron in there life /thing is i no heads that have p but will still do finance cos they dont wanna spend a big chunk on money jus like that all paid off in a yr tho still

Drunk are these people alot older though. I dont know anyone who can afford a brand new car outright except if their parents paid for it.
Even so, how can most parents pay for a new car outright???I have known of people who earn alot of money pay for their car by finance or get a loan for it.
I mean by that age some parents (in good jobs) will have quite abit saved in the bank, especially if the mortage has been paid off etc.I know a few girls that had 'Daddy pay for it'.

theres many 25s and under who buy cars outright, brand new. u lot stay on the net everydayin and out, how woudl you know. smh at even asking or being shocked.

theres many 25s and under who buy cars outright, brand new. u lot stay on the net everydayin and out, how woudl you know. smh at even asking or being shocked.
Excuse me?Who stays on the net every day in day out, look at your post count. I work a 9-5 sweetheart.The majority of under 25's would not be able to afford say 14grand to pay outright for a brand new car, your talking sh*t.If people had that sort of money at that age then we woud all be putting deposits down and buying houses no?