MOBO awards 2009

Numero001

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best R&B: Beverley Knight, Ciara, Jeremih (?), Keri Hilson, LemarBest Album: Kanye - 808s, Tinchy - Catch 22, @ItsBashy - Catch Me If U Can, Beyonce - I Am Sasha Fierce, N Dubz - Uncle BBest UK Act: Alesha Dixon, @ItsBashy, Beverley Knight, @Chipmunkartist, @DizzeeRascal, @Ironik, @Donaeo, @MrHudson, N Dubz & @TinchyStryder
Beverley Knight you know looool That category is shocking and terrible!Best Album hmmmm would love Bashy to win thatBest UK Gotta feeling Alesha will win that.
Come on sistren, we both know that album was a steaming hot pile of sh*t.

Full list:BEST UK ACTAlesha DixonBashyBeverley KnightDizzee RascalDJ IronikDonae'oMr. HudsonN-DubzTinchy StryderBEST NEWCOMERAlexandra BurkeJade EwenJLSLaura IziborMaster ShortieBEST R&B/SOULBeverley KnightCiaraJeremihKeri Hilson LemarBEST HIP HOPChipmunkDizzee RascalDrakeEminemKanYe WestBEST VIDEODizzee - BonkersAlesha Dixon - Boy Does NothingChipmunk - Diamond RingsBeyonce - Single LadiesMr Hudson - Supernova BEST SONGJLS - Beat AgainChipmunk - Diamond RingsKIG - Head Shoulders Knees&ToesTinchy Stryder & N Dubz - #1 N Dubz - Strong AgainBEST ALBUMKanye - 808s & HeartbreaksTinchy Stryder - Catch 22 Bashy - Catch Me If U CanBeyonce - I Am Sasha FierceN Dubz - Uncle BBEST REGGAEMavadoSean PaulSeraniTarrus RileyVybz KartelBEST DJManny NorteMasterstepzMistajamRas KwameRickie & Melvin Sarah LoveSemtexShortee BlitzSteve SutherlandDJ Target Tim WestwoodTrevor Nelson

in other MOBO related news, whitney houston's album can be streamed online on her website.its quite dissapointing. 3 good tracks... akon was rubbish for her as he was for MJ.album wouldve been good for like a new artist..but for whitney..its poor. dissapointing comebackbut hey she may win a MOBO next yrhttp://www.whitneyhouston.com/us/front-splash

Guest Lisa Turtle
drake was nominated for best new artist at the VMAs so its either a bandwagon thing or just them seeking american audience.
Or the fact he's the most talked about Artist since 50 Cent. And is pretty decent too
never heard of him
reh
LOL Smaddy are you living under a stoneDrake is being hailed as the best thing since sliced bread

how the f*ck tinchy is up for best album when mans album only came out a few days ago hahahahlol @ drake being up if it is in the states yeah..but this is ass licking i havnt even seen the video, song has not even charted in the uk chartsBeverley Knight yeah when the last time she drop something..i think she got a share in the mobos*waits for ____ being pissed for not being up for best dj again*and mr huson and lady gaga..swear they picking them two because who c/s them

Guest Esquilax

havent got a clue who Drake is either tbhremember one year when some blacks were announcing some award going on like "The MOBOs represent all that is good, great wonderful music from a great, wonderful race" or somethingthen Joss Stone won the awardi cracked a lol or two, what of it?

Guest Triple XXX
MOBOS IS A JOKEHOW CAN GIGGS, GHETTS AND WILEY NOT B NOMINATED FOR ANYTHINGRACE AGAINST TIME SHOULD BE UP THERE FOR BEST ALBUM
they aint done nothing commerciallychipmunk ironik hav released commercial music, as in commercially released nt no mixtape tingso has Bashy

MOBOS IS A JOKEHOW CAN GIGGS, GHETTS AND WILEY NOT B NOMINATED FOR ANYTHINGRACE AGAINST TIME SHOULD BE UP THERE FOR BEST ALBUM
they aint done nothing commerciallychipmunk ironik hav released commercial music, as in commercially released nt no mixtape tingso has Bashy
If you count Bashy surely you'd count Walk In The Park and R.A.T. as commercially released, no?

Guest Triple XXX

i dnt kno if those wer registered with the BPI bt im pretty sure Bashy's waseither that or they jus dnt care about Gigs n the rest of the other guysn Wiley aint released nothing this yearSpetas was commercially released but tbh i dnt think that got anywhere

Same argument each year.Mobos = commercially funded mainstream awards show. They do not care about representing the streets, they care about representing the mainstream. They care about fitting as many big acts on the bill as possible. They care about 15 year old girls from Glasgow and Newcastle saying "OMG LADY GAGA MIGHT B THERE IM BUYING TICKETS FOR ME N LUCY WE CAN STAY @ HOTEL AND GO OUT IN SCOTLAND LULZ". They care about those BARB overnight TV figures. They don't give a f*ck about VIP2 and a few dozen disgruntled producers/MCs/singers.Get over it.