MOBO awards 2009

Numero001

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same argument each year.Mobos = commercially funded mainstream awards show. They do not care about representing the streets, they care about representing the mainstream. They care about fitting as many big acts on the bill as possible. They care about 15 year old girls from Glasgow and Newcastle saying "OMG LADY GAGA MIGHT B THERE IM BUYING TICKETS FOR ME N LUCY WE CAN STAY @ HOTEL AND GO OUT IN SCOTLAND LULZ". They care about those BARB overnight TV figures. They don't give a f*ck about VIP2 and a few dozen disgruntled producers/MCs/singers.Get over it.
For sure, but does that mean we cant critique/LMAO @ it? I can understand why they nominated everyone except Lady Gaga, but we dont have to agree nor keep our opinions to ourselvesAnd re: the Wiley album debate, it was an indie album, same as Bashy and Giggs. Difference between him and them is theirs were better recieved. Wileys album had big posters all over London. Cant be that undergroundI dont think Wiley deserved to be nominated because he wasnt good enough. Simple

Guest Cipher

From a cursory glance, all the music and artists nominated look sh*t to me. (Please feel free to point any out to me that aren't, a I saisd, it was cursory.) So might aswell throw Lady Gaga in there.

Same argument each year.Mobos = commercially funded mainstream awards show. They do not care about representing the streets, they care about representing the mainstream. They care about fitting as many big acts on the bill as possible. They care about 15 year old girls from Glasgow and Newcastle saying "OMG LADY GAGA MIGHT B THERE IM BUYING TICKETS FOR ME N LUCY WE CAN STAY @ HOTEL AND GO OUT IN SCOTLAND LULZ". They care about those BARB overnight TV figures. They don't give a f*ck about VIP2 and a few dozen disgruntled producers/MCs/singers.Get over it.
tbh.. not many ppl give a f*ck about them either. they prob cdnt afford any london venue.it will prob be shown on bbc 9 or ITV5 i doubt they scrape more than 2m viewersblack british artists receiving a MOBO = nothing for their career internationally and is only shortlived in their uk career. ask lemar, ms dynamite, big brovaz, and all the rest. bashy said if hes nominated or wins he would never go.. lets see if he will keep to his word. every year we make the same complaints yes cos its the same old sh*t worth laughing at.

Guest WAVESURFER

To not have Giggs nominated for anything is riduculous.But the MOBOs has always been a joke.PMSL @ nominating Beverly Knight as well. I thought she was dead.

drake was nominated for best new artist at the VMAs so its either a bandwagon thing or just them seeking american audience.
Or the fact he's the most talked about Artist since 50 Cent. And is pretty decent too
never heard of him
reh
LOL Smaddy are you living under a stoneDrake is being hailed as the best thing since sliced bread
honest to goodnessall now i ain even heard a mention of him part from on herethis stone is pretty comfy

To not have Giggs nominated for anything is riduculous.But the MOBOs has always been a joke.PMSL @ nominating Beverly Knight as well. I thought she was dead.
every year its beverly knightlast time i watched the mobos i fell asleep during her performanceand im sure that was yrs back

• 3 weeks later...