The Official Liverpool FC Thread

The Infamous

Hang on guys let's look at this objectively.

We had already qualified going into this match so it made sense to put on some kids (no one is arguing this point I know but...) were they really expected to win against a team (who had to put out a strong line up) that was still fighting to stay in the competition?

For the 2/3 chances we created we really should have scored but we blooded some youngsters and they got a draw against what was essentially the oppositions first team.

Is that really not good enough?

Game was dry as hell though

Objectively?

We were sh*t again, the result means nothing in a game like this but when he can't put together a team to go out and express themselves on an occasion like this it highlights what many have been saying for time about his playing style. Utretch were out, we were through so lets go out there and play freely.

Instead we're watching a back line 30 yards too deep with 2 forwards pressing on their own and isolated when we actually had the ball. Eccleston did nothing wrong, he barely touched the ball because the team plays with no f*ck*ng purpose.

Hodgson is a f*ck*ng tumour who is eating away at the standards of expectations our supporters have every single day, you only have to read this thread to see how he's pulled the wool over so many peoples eyes in the most subtle manner.

All these statements he keeps making ' the squad aren't good enough, it's not my squad, our so called good players aren't performing, Purslow did it, the tea lady didn't put enough sugars in my cuppa' what do you think that does to the morale of the players and does for the atmosphere around the club? It's f*ck*ng bullshit and the quicker he's gone the better.

Ask yourself this question, do you honestly think that no manager could make a decent go of the squad we have?

Watch Bolton, Blackpool or West Brom over the next fortnight and tell me that our squad is poor in comparison, because that's who we're competing with not Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal or Spurs. All these teams play better ball than us and I wouldn't be surprised to see Bolton and Blackpool beat us over the xmas period.

• Upvote 3

Lets not even talk about the youngers we have bought over the past years.

98% of them are sh*t/wasnt given a chance even though we paid up to £3m for certain guys

With that money we could have got in 3-4 quality squad players.

Our squad depth is actually diabolical. Just look at it. Players who wont even get on most Prem teams benches are in our squad and we are meant to be the greatest club in England? Our reputation has been TARNISHED for good and it will never be the same again. We need to bring in at least 5 top class players (i.e Aguero, Banega, Navas, Mexes etc :Y: ) over the next year or so.

Meh.

Reina

Johnson

Carragher

Agger

Aurelio

Meireles

Lucas

Gerrard

Kuyt

Jova

Torres.

We should be playing way better than we are now, even if it isn't championship challenging, we should be playing better.

All these squad excuses are BULLSHIT. Roy Hodgson is an embarrassment.

End of.

• Upvote 2

Our squad is easy amongst the top 8 in the league, I'd love for someone to put forward an informed post to outline how it isn't because i feel like i'm missing something.

Blackpool put out a second string against Villa and gave them a game at Villa Park, but people are trying to say our squad is poor? Their performance against Villa was better than every one of our away performances this season first or second string.

Reina

Carragher

Skrtel

Hyypia

Aurelio

Mascherano

Lucas

Kuyt

Gerrard

Riera

Torres

That's the team that beat Man Utd 4-1 at OT, the bolded are the ones not at the club anymore.

Reina

Carragher

Kyrgiakos

Skrtel

Konchesky

Meireles

Lucas

Gerrard

Maxi

Kuyt

Torres

This is the team that gave Stoke City their first possession majority in the premier league ever.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Hang on guys let's look at this objectively.

We had already qualified going into this match so it made sense to put on some kids (no one is arguing this point I know but...) were they really expected to win against a team (who had to put out a strong line up) that was still fighting to stay in the competition?

Utrecht were already out, they couldn't qualify no matter what.

/

Basically c/s Flojo. I dunno how Roy can come out and now say the squad isn't good enough and unless a load of new players are brought in then we can't improve. Yeh that's a great way to boost morale and get the team performing. :/

Tony f*ck*ng Cascarino>>>>>>

Only person in the media to criticise this twat.

Tony Cascarino has lambasted Roy Hodgson’s managerial reign at Anfield, suggesting the under-fire Liverpool boss is failing the club’s rich footballing traditions.

The former Republic of Ireland international claims the results under the ex-Fulham manager have not been good enough, but even more alarmingly for the club’s fans, are the manner in which these poor results have been achieved.

Citing the drab 0-0 draw against Utrecht on Wednesday night, the much maligned football pundit believes Hodgson’s tactics are far too similar to those he implemented at Craven Cottage, and criticises him for turning the footballing institution that is Liverpool into a “bigger-budget Fulham”.

Cascarino told the Times: “Any Liverpool manager has a duty to play with a certain style: fluent, attractive, attacking, passing football.

“Roy Hodgson is not only failing with the results, he's failing in his duty to the club's traditions and to the fans, and that's a pretty serious combination. If you haven't got style, you at least need results.

“The goalless draw against Utrecht in the Europa League on Wednesday confirmed that Hodgson's cautious tactics and conservative attitude have permeated the whole squad: because he picked a second-string team and the football was as unambitious and unexciting as it is when the first XI take to the field.

He continued: “Nine away games, one win and six losses is dreadful. That's relegation form, and even if you could argue that Liverpool no longer have a squad good enough for the top four, they ought to be challenging for the top six.

“It's not a new problem for Hodgson. With Fulham his record was: 2008-09, three away league wins; 2009-10, one away league win. It has to be the manager's tactics.

“Hodgson has quickly turned Liverpool into a bigger-budget Fulham: they go out, away from home, not to lose. They should be going out to win.

“Imagine Manchester United or Arsenal playing such dull football, given their reputation and past success.

“It wouldn't be tolerated. Nor should it be at Anfield even if the club isn't the force it once was.

“That's no excuse for failing to entertain and failing to act like the big team Liverpool still are.

He added: “Hodgson remains inflexible, conservative, old-fashioned.”

• Upvote 1