The Official Liverpool FC Thread

The Infamous

Think you'll find quite a few posts in the in-game topic

/

Isn't it amazing how these seriously poor players left behind by the previous manager can contend with Chelsea. It's a pity some people didn't have the foresight to see Hodgson was talking absolute sh*t when he kept trying to justify poor performances by questioning the quality of the players, it's amazing how easily some sheep are led.

its Tulse

/

Pepe Reina has dropped a hint that he could be on his way out of Liverpool after the end of the current campaign.

The shot-stopper's future has become the subject of speculation after the Reds failed to achieve Champions League football after finishing seventh in the Premier League last season.

Added to that, the Merseysiders also began the current season poorly, and were even in the relegation zone at one point - though their form has improved since.

The former Villarreal 'keeper also ruled out a move back to his homeland, if he were to leave the club at the end of the season.

"I signed a six-year deal seven months ago and I'm happy at the club, but every footballer wants to be competing for trophies and winning things," said Reina, according to the Daily Mail.

"I will stay at Liverpool at least until the end of the season. I know there are rumours about me leaving but I want to make it clear that I have no intention of going back to Spain."

The 28-year-old also hinted that the exit of former boss Rafael Benitez may have had an effect on his current state of mind, adding: "Rafael Benitez was an essential person for this club and the reason I came to Liverpool."

Has a clause in his contract that states if we dont qualify for the champions league this year and a offer comes in for £20million he can go.

I wouldnt blame him to be fair, he wont go United, Arsenal would be his prefered destination and would be a great buy for the club.

I just hope he stays, he would be the hardest player to replace.

Think you'll find quite a few posts in the in-game topic

/

Isn't it amazing how these seriously poor players left behind by the previous manager can contend with Chelsea. It's a pity some people didn't have the foresight to see Hodgson was talking absolute sh*t when he kept trying to justify poor performances by questioning the quality of the players, it's amazing how easily some sheep are led.

do you not think, Hodgson might of been using abit of psychology when he made those comments?

question the players quality and commitment in order to get a rise out of them,

its similar to the kind of Psychology Fergie would use, the only deiiference is, Like a load of Scouse fans on here were moaning at last season with Rafa, the way the media report it shape how the comments are taken and how they are responded to publicly.

among the fans the difference is you all were so behind Rafa that most of the things he did were viewed through rose tinted glasses, so the bad tings he did were transformed into not being so bad, the good things were great, and the excellent was godly.

not even sending, but from the outside looking in that what i'm seeing.

yes you may not believe that Long term Roy's the best man for the job but what happened to getting behind the team regardless. as only time will tell. and if he isn't he'll be off soon enough anyway.

I'm behind the team, I just can't accept him constantly chatting sh*t and you're giving him way too much credit imo.

Remember that one of the main criticisms of Benitez was his man management which was apparently very blunt and didn't cater for players who might have needed a more delicate approach, Hodgson was supposed to be the alternative to get the best out of the squad. Despite his approach Benitez never ever criticised players in the way Hodgson has, referred to some players as members of the 'B team' or 'bad players' or ' transfer flops'. I don't like Ferguson but one thing that I admire him for is managing a squad rather than a team and making players on the fringes feel they've got a significant enough role to play, Hodgson is seemingly doing his best to create a division in the squad with his comments.

I was critical of Benitez as were the vast majority of Liverpool fans when he made questionable decisions ie his team selection at times and his handling of certain players so I don't know why this picture is being painted of him having blind support. The truth was I knew he had a long term plan for the club and proved on a lot of occasions there was a method to the madness whereas with Hodgson I just see madness more than anything.

Dani Pacheco is understood to be planning to quit Liverpool due to a lack of opportunities under Roy Hodgson.

Real Sociedad are set to renew their interest in the Spaniard, who caught the eye of several clubs across the continent during his country's run to the European Under-19 Championships final in July, after failing to secure a loan deal before the summer transfer window closed.

Pacheco, 19, exclusively told Click Liverpool in August that he was planning to remain at Anfield subject to talks with Hodgson, which ended the interest of Sociedad along with Benfica, Olympiakos, Genoa and La Liga rivals Malaga.

"I really want to be here," he said at the time.

"I will talk with the manager in a few days and we will decide my future.

"Hopefully I will stay and be able to get some games so we will see.

"I will try to work, get as many chances as I can and take them when they happen."

But the attacker has been used sparingly, making just five appearances for the Reds this season. His last taste of senior action coming in a humiliating Carling Cup exit to Northampton Town towards the end of September.

Leading Spanish football journalist Guillem Balague claims that Pacheco, who qualifies as a 'home grown' talent under the Premier League's new ruling, was told by Hodgson that he would feature in his plans but is now considering his options away from Merseyside.

Rome wasn't built in a day but it burned in one