The Gym Topic

Flojo

Just come back from gym. Ended up sharing a bench with one aff don because they were all being used when i walked in and i wanted to use dumbells so jumped in with him.

Finish doing flat bench.

Him: Lets train di top chess.

Me: sorry...

Him: Top chess..inclines

Me: ashdasdkjkasdadsaadsasasdasadsa ahhh yesss.

Top chess you know. Facking hell

jas aint you 5ft7 ?

16 stone f*ck

Who the f*ck are u?

Snake Hunter HD?

Some f*ckin turkish c*nt u cnt be above 5ft 10 u kebab shithouse

I been 6ft+ from like 15 g

So when man types I. C. E

It comes as snakehunter 3d

f*ckin slimy kebab c*nt.. Tryna mug me off

What's the matter fact u gotta open ur kebab shop in 5 minutes or the fact u buy ur charlie off a whiteman?

Let's not turn this into a whatever type thread yh

was a serious question

aint you that Filipino ?

yh lets not...

I've honestly never done a one rep max

instant injury

no need to find out

k23pkqwpkewpw

shook 1s

i go gym on my ones

:lol:

shook>>>injury

:(

1 rm is as much training the mind as training the body. obv if the form aint 2nd nature you have know business doing a 1rm.

nothing to be scared of tho. learn how to bail.

deadlift - let go of the bar.

squat - let go the bar, jump forward.

bench - dont use collars, if you get stapled, drop one side and allow plates to slide off, then do the same on the other side. or simply use a power rack and set the pins so the bar doesnt decapitate u. simple stuff really.

you dont have to do your 1rm to find out your 1rm

you can calculate it....

if you dont want to try or dont have a spotter.... got it somewhere ill post it later when i find it

weight x reps x .0333 + weight = 1rm.

but its just an estimate, you cant say you can lift something unless you have actually successfully lifted it.

i suppose 1rm are only really relevant for ppl who are interested in specifically training the lifts, which is of course different to training the muscles.

although the mind training involved in the 1rm is valuable, heavy singles are a completely different ball game to 5+ rep ranges, they require a much higher level of focus, the ability to execute from the first with correct form and to remove doubt and negative thinking from your mind. Valuable attributes in and out the weight room.

Haven't had a proper gym session in about a month now. Went on holiday for three weeks and used the hotel gym but they didnt have the full range of equipment and the free weights werent heavy enough. Been jetlagged all week and cant get myself to they gym, plus my diet hasnt been on point. Not sure if its paranoia but I swear I look smaller every day.

Had to go to a wedding on Monday, which was meant to be my shoulders/biceps day, and Tuesday (yesterday) i was too busy to catch up. So today I'm thinking should I just go ham in the gym and do everything that I missed in one session or try and catch up on the next "off" day?

hate missing a day especially when your making solid progress, f*cks up the routine.

Went back today, chest session. Bench press has dropped to 120 and I maxed out after 3 sets. Generally felt fatigued after about 20 mins. Didnt realise a few weeks out would do this to me lol.

C/S on the junk food guilt trip. I was banging out the fast food on holiday and now I just feel like a prick lol.