The Gym Topic

Flojo

Biceps curls on the squat rack should be a bannable offence. Getting pissed off just thinking about it. Another pet peeve is when you tell someone you have 3 sets left and the mug is just there staring at you and you sub consciously have to speed up your sets and resting time putting a dent on the whole exercise.

this plus , man sitting on the bench doing f*ck all

guy just now spent like 15 mins on a bench with weights at his feet texting

The swell you see straight after working out>>>___________>>>>the return to normal an hour or two later

/

Why are guys taking full blown shits in changing room toilets?! Knowing full well the changing room is already small and you are consuming tonnes of protein, why on earth would you do it?! Changing room stinks of egg or dead bodies man. If you need to take a sh*t, go home and return on a different day to do your work outs. Gets me so angry.

Gym's a mental thing.

I've been sticking to 5x5 and at times it can be hard work.

I had never squatted before June last year so had no idea what my 1RM, tbh I still don't. That along with the fact I slipped a disc a couple years ago that f*cked me up for 2+ years led me to start with an empty bar.

By July I was squatting 80 kg which for me was progress but then going back to Uni and other things stopped me from hitting the gym regularly. Started back properly 2 weeeks ago but had to lower the weight to 60kg.

In 2 weeks I'm now able to squat 100kg comfortably and probably more. Just needed a spot I was confident with; he said to me I can squat a lot more but cos I'm not confident I'm just going up in small increments, plus I'm sticking to the routine of adding 2.5kg each session cos there's no point changing as it's working atm. It's made such a difference, everyone in my family has been asking if I've been hitting the gym thinking I've been training for maybe 6 months to a year when really it's been 6 weeks from June and 2 weeks over the Easter break.

To most of you lot squatting 100kg is probably piss but for me I was advised by my surgeon not to lift anything heavy and by my GP to not play football. But I chose not to take it lying down, I was convinced the only way I'd be able to overcome my problem with my back is to strengthen it and I'm quite hyped.

I'm now playing football 2-3 times a week and hitting the gym at least 3 times a week. So that feeling of being able to Squat and DL 100 and 120kg is something else. My legs are absolutely smashed but it's a good feeling. That feeling of being able to play football and not have to pull out of tackles >>>> _________.

Hopefully I can maintain it now and keep increasing my strength. Now I just have to clean up my diet and get enough rest and I think I can put on the size I want to.

• Upvote 6

Guys on sunday a good family friend is staying at mine, his a pro bodybuilder by thuue name hassan jama google him,im gonna upp the levels with his guidance i have weights upto 145kg setup any u man wanna get a program or jus advice an workout pm me im in ealing no long talk jus straight workouts

on the iphone so spelling is long

i done my legs for the first time in a few weeks yesterday, i'm staying away from the squat rack for now, at least until i'm confident enough to know my back isn't gonna flare up again, i know 100% perfect form means there's barely any pressure on ur lower back but in reality it doesn't work like that! Chest tomorrow, see how much strength i've lost, i was benching 100k 5 or 6 times, with only a tiny amount of help on the last rep. Not looking forward to it......

Guys on sunday a good family friend is staying at mine, his a pro bodybuilder by thuue name hassan jama google him,im gonna upp the levels with his guidance i have weights upto 145kg setup any u man wanna get a program or jus advice an workout pm me im in ealing no long talk jus straight workouts

on the iphone so spelling is long

hassan+jama6.jpg

FOCK DONNY WENT IN

Any of you lot use this? http://www.maximuscle.com/thermobol

For the first time in my life Ive managed to motivate myself to go gym regularly. Started on the 1st September and Ive lost around 4 or 5 stone although I dont know exact amount cos I aint ever weighed myself.

I was losing weight at a mad rate. Last 2 weeks though its plateaud slightly and I aint ever had a protein shake or any supplement so I aint really got a clue what Im on about but seen thermobol thought it might help?? I normally dont trust these supplements and Im not even sure why but thinking this might help me for the last push?

• Upvote 2

Ive seen them for around £25 on amazon, still not worth it?

My main problem is when I try forcing myself onto a strict diet, I often find that is where it goes completely wrong, as I'll do it for a short while then I cave in and go silly eating all sorts of sh*t.

However im guessing the only way Im really gonna lose that last bit is by being strict on the diet aint it?