world cup provisional squads

Gunner

Parred off the berbers/arabs. I knew France was racist, have no equal rights laws, hate anyone who isn't white but still, par!!!

Save that for another thread mate, they both havent had the best seasons, so they didn't get chosen.

The point is, their replacements are nowhere near as good as them, and we lack that spark that they can bring in tough games.

Parred off the berbers/arabs. I knew France was racist, have no equal rights laws, hate anyone who isn't white but still, par!!!

Save that for another thread mate, they both havent had the best seasons, so they didn't get chosen.

The point is, their replacements are nowhere near as good as them, and we lack that spark that they can bring in tough games.

Yeah but do you actually think Justin knows this?

He saw the issue of race and jumped on it like it was a wet jewish p*ssy.

Maradona confirms final squad

Coloccini fails to make cut

Last updated: 19th May 2010

Maradona: Squad decided

Diego Maradona has confirmed his final 23-man squad for the World Cup finals.

And Maradona has revealed once surprise in his selection with Colon's Ariel Garce winning a place on the plane to South Africa.

30-year-old defender has just one cap to his name, which came against Haiti two years ago.

Newcastle's Fabricio Coloccini was one of those from the initial 30-man squad that failed to make the cut.

Those who also failed to make the final selection were Newell's Old Boys defender Juan Manuel Insaurralde, Jose Sosa of Estudiantes, Olympiakos midfielder Jesus Datolo, Napoli forward Ezequiel Lavezzi, Lanus' Sebastian Blanco and Juan Mercier of Argentinos Juniors.

The final squad in full:

Goalkeepers: Sergio Romero (AZ Alkmaar), Mariano Andujar (Catania), Diego Pozo (Colon)

Defenders: Nicolas Burdisso (Roma), Martin Demichelis (Bayern Munich), Walter Samuel (Inter Milan), Gabriel Heinze (Marseille), Nicolas Otamendi (Velez Sarsfield), Clemente Rodriguez (Estudiantes), Ariel Garce (Colon)

Midfielders: Javier Mascherano (Liverpool), Juan Sebastian Veron (Estudiantes), Maxi Rodriguez (Liverpool), Mario Bolatti (Fiorentina), Angel Di Maria (Benfica), Jonas Gutierrez (Newcastle), Javier Pastore (Palermo)

Forwards: Sergio Aguero (Atletico Madrid), Diego Milito (Inter Milan), Martin Palermo (Boca Juniors), Carlos Tevez (Manchester City), Gonzalo Higuain (Real Madrid), Lionel Messi (Barcelona).

Frings snubs Germany return

German veteran not interested in comeback

By Mike Barton Last updated: 19th May 2010

Frings: Won't be back for Germany

Torsten Frings has ruled himself out of a return to the German national team in time for the World Cup.

The Werder Bremen midfielder was seen as a front runner to replace captain Michael Ballack,who was injured in Chelsea's FA Cup final win over Portsmouth and will miss the entire tournament with a leg injury.

The 33-year-old, who has won 79 caps for the national team and is a vastly experienced player on the big stage, was told by Germany coach Joachim Low that he would not be going to the World Cup in January of this year.

With Ballack's injury however, Germany lack some significant experience in midfield, with the tough tackling, physical midfielder seen as an ideal replacement for their talismanic skipper.

Frings though insists he has absolutely no intention of returning to the international fold, stating he has no confidence in the management of Low.

No faith

"I simply don't have any faith in the national team coach anymore," Frings told Bild newspaper.

"That has not changed after the tragic injury to Michael Ballack either.

"Therefore, whatever happens, I am not available."

Despite his omission from the preliminary 27-man squad, Ballack himself stated that he was not surprised to see box-to-box midfielder Frings linked with a return to international duties.

"The decision is up to Jogi Low at the end of the day, but I can understand there being speculation about Frings," said Ballack..

"You can always rely on Torsten."

I haven't been hyped for this WC like I normally am but over the last few weeks I've been getting more excited.

These squads are deading my hype.

c/s

and lahi jonas plays well for Argentina he is a good winger will be on of the best in the prem next season

Guest Lens

I haven't been hyped for this WC like I normally am but over the last few weeks I've been getting more excited.

These squads are deading my hype.

c/s

and lahi jonas plays well for Argentina he is a good winger will be on of the best in the prem next season

south_park_me.jpg

Guest Portuguese

big loss for the algerian team, 1 of our Serie A players mourad meghni is out of the world cup, im pissed.

Is your best player going to recover from his injury?

Guest TimeBomb

big loss for the algerian team, 1 of our Serie A players mourad meghni is out of the world cup, im pissed.

Is your best player going to recover from his injury?

who belhadj or bougherra? they should both be in the starting line up for rep of ireland this friday.

Anichebe dropped by Nigeria

Toffees striker fails to make final cut for World Cup

Last updated: 31st May 2010

Anichebe: Did not make cut

Nigeria have axed Everton striker Victor Anichebe from their final 23-man World Cup squad for South Africa.

Anichebe, who signed with the Toffees in 2006, was one of seven players to miss out on new coach Lars Lagerback's final party.

However, Chelsea midfielder John Obi Mikel was included in the squad after overcoming a knee injury, and will feature alongside fellow Premier League midfielder d*ckson Etuhu of Fulham.

Other top flight players named in the party are Everton duo Joseph Yobo and Yakubu Aiyegbeni, Bolton defender Danny Shittu and Portsmouth forward John Utaka.

Among the surprise exclusions were Real Zaragoza striker Ikechukwu Uche and Nicedefender Onyekachi Apam, who have both reportedly failed to beat knee problems.

The other dropped players are Peter Utaka, Bassey Akpan, Terna Suswan and Brown Ideye.

Nigeria will face Argentina, Greece and South Korea in Group B of the tournament, and play their first match against Diego Maradona's men on 12th June.

Squad

Taye Taiwo (Marseille), Elderson Echiejile (Rennes), Chidi Odiah (CSKA Moscow), Joseph Yobo (Everton), Danny Shittu (Bolton Wanderers), Ayodele Adeleye (Sparta Rotterdam), Rabiu Afolabi (SV Salzburg); Kalu Uche (Almeria), d*ckson Etuhu (Fulham), John Obi Mikel (Chelsea), Sani Kaita(Alaniya), Haruna Lukman (Monaco), Yusuf Ayila (Dynamo Kiev); Yakubu Aiyegbeni (Everton), Chinedu Obasi (Hoffenheim), Nwankwo Kanu, John Utaka (Portsmouth), Obafemi Martins (Wolfsburg), Obinna Nsofor (Malaga), Osaze Odemwingie (Lokomotiv Moscow).

Mexico coach Javier Aguirre has named his final 23-man party for the World Cup this summer.

Aguirre selected the final line-up from his provisional squad of 26, with Barcelonamidfielder Jonathan dos Santos among those who did not make the cut.

The 20-year-old, who played the full 90 minutes of Mexico's 5-1 friendly thrashing of Gambia on Sunday, suffered a muscle tear while training with Barca last month which limited his playing time ahead of Aguirre's selection.

A statement from the Mexico football federation on Monday said: "The Barcelona player Jonathan dos Santos has been removed from the squad and will not participate at the World Cup."

Also axed from the line-up are defenders Juan Carlos Valenzuela and Adrian Aldrete.

Meanwhile, Dos Santos' older brother Giovani has made the final squad, while forwards Guillermo Franco of West Ham and Arsenal's Carlos Vela are also included.

Squad

Memo Ochoa (America), Luis Ernesto Michel (Chivas), Oscar Perez (Chiapas); Rafael Marquez (Barcelona), Ricardo Osorio (Stuttgart), Hector Moreno (AZ Alkmaar), Francisco Rodriguez (PSV Eindhoven), Carlos Salcido (PSV Eindhoven), Paul Aguilar (Pachuca), Efrain Juarez (Pumas); Jonny Magallon (Guadalajara), Jorge Torres Nilo (Atlas), Gerardo Torrado (Cruz Azul), Israel Castro (Pumas), Andres Guardado (Deportivo La Coruna); Pablo Barrera (Pumas), Adolfo Bautista (Guadalajara), Alberto Medina (Guadalajara), Cuauhtemoc Blanco (Veracruz), Javier Hernandez (Guadalajara), Giovani dos Santos (Galatasaray), Guillermo Franco (West Ham), Carlos Vela (Arsenal).

Orlando Engelaar was one of four players to miss out as Netherlands boss Bert van Marwijk finalised his 23-man FIFA World Cupâ„¢ squad today.

Although Van Marwijk will make a formal announcement of his squad at a press conference in Austria later today, the Dutch football association released a lunchtime statement revealing Engelaar, Vurnon Anita, Ron Vlaar and Jeremain Lens will not travel to South Africa.

PSV Eindhoven midfielder Engelaar was the only player of that quartet to have played for the Netherlands at a major tournament, having started all four matches of their run to the quarter-finals at UEFA EURO 2008. The Oranje have been drawn in Group E at the World Cup alongside Denmark, Cameroon and Japan.

Netherlands squad:

Goalkeepers: Sander Boschker (FC Twente), Maarten Stekelenburg (Ajax), Michel Vorm (FC Utrecht)

Defenders: Khalid Boulahrouz (Stuttgart), Edson Braafheid (Celtic), John Heitinga (Everton), Joris Mathijsen (Hamburg), Andre Ooijer (PSV Eindhoven), Giovanni van Bronckhorst (Feyenoord), Gregory van der Wiel (Ajax)

Midfielders: Ibrahim Afellay (PSV Eindhoven), Nigel de Jong (Manchester City), Demy de Zeeuw (Ajax), Stijn Schaars (AZ Alkmaar), Wesley Sneijder (Inter Milan), Mark van Bommel (Bayern Munich), Rafael van der Vaart (Real Madrid)

Forwards: Ryan Babel (Liverpool), Eljero Elia (Hamburg), Klaas Jan Huntelaar (AC Milan), Dirk Kuyt (Liverpool), Arjen Robben (Bayern Munich), Robin van Persie (Arsenal)

*Please note that squad lists only become official after they have been submitted to and announced by FIFA

wow dos santos at galatasary, was meant to be some world beater aswell

looked decent against england aswell

He is in the team, his younger brother is NOT .

Apparently he's upset because his younger bro didn't get picked and he might pull out of the squad

And his younger bro is so upset he never wants to play for Mexico again