Kanye West

Lionel & Dave

I'm not trying to down play anything

I'll put Fergie's comments in spoiler tags about how he changed his ways and delegated instead of of trying to do everything himself because this isn't the sports room

Despite developing a reputation as a fearsome dictator, Ferguson insists that softening his stance and taking a step back was also important. Ferguson would often not appear on the training ground until Thursday, allowing his coaches to prepare the players ahead of a weekend fixture.

He credits his coaching staff at Aberdeen for opening his eyes to the value of being less of a presence on the training pitch. “One afternoon at Aberdeen, I had a conversation with my assistant manager while we were having a cup of tea. He said: ‘I don’t know why you brought me here.’ I said: ‘What are you talking about?’ and he replied: ‘I don’t do anything. I work with the youth team, but I’m here to assist you with the training and with picking the team. That’s the assistant manager’s job.’

“Another coach said: ‘I think he’s right, boss,’ and pointed out that I could benefit from not always having to lead the training.

“At first I said: ‘No, no, no,’ but I thought it over for a few days and then said: ‘I’ll give it a try. No promises.’ Deep down I knew he was right. So I delegated the training to him, and it was the best thing I ever did. It didn’t take away my control. My presence and ability to supervise were always there, and what you can pick up by watching is incredibly valuable.

“Once I stepped out of the bubble, I became more aware of a range of details, and my performance level jumped. Seeing a change in a player’s habits or a sudden dip in his enthusiasm allowed me to go further with him: Is it family problems? Is he struggling financially? Is he tired? What kind of mood is he in? Sometimes I could even tell that a player was injured when he thought he was fine.

“I don’t think many people fully understand the value of observing, but I came to see observation as a critical part of my management skills. The ability to see things is key or, more specifically, the ability to see things you don’t expect to see.”

Basically both lists have people that played a sideman role very well but there's a reason why Fergie's list doesn't have a manager with more trophies than him and a reason why none of the guys on Kanye's list made a 'College Dropout' or a 'MBDTF' without him.

If Kanye has a vision of how he wants a song to sound and has a melody in his head and gets a Jazz pianist to play it exactly how he wants it I don't see nothing wrong with that. In a debate versus other producers that do everything themselves it will be something that can be used against him but when I'm nodding my head to "that's that crack music...crack music, that real black music...black music" I couldn't care less tbh.

• Upvote 6

I'm not trying to down play anything

I'll put Fergie's comments in spoiler tags about how he changed his ways and delegated instead of of trying to do everything himself because this isn't the sports room

Despite developing a reputation as a fearsome dictator, Ferguson insists that softening his stance and taking a step back was also important. Ferguson would often not appear on the training ground until Thursday, allowing his coaches to prepare the players ahead of a weekend fixture.

He credits his coaching staff at Aberdeen for opening his eyes to the value of being less of a presence on the training pitch. “One afternoon at Aberdeen, I had a conversation with my assistant manager while we were having a cup of tea. He said: ‘I don’t know why you brought me here.’ I said: ‘What are you talking about?’ and he replied: ‘I don’t do anything. I work with the youth team, but I’m here to assist you with the training and with picking the team. That’s the assistant manager’s job.’

“Another coach said: ‘I think he’s right, boss,’ and pointed out that I could benefit from not always having to lead the training.

“At first I said: ‘No, no, no,’ but I thought it over for a few days and then said: ‘I’ll give it a try. No promises.’ Deep down I knew he was right. So I delegated the training to him, and it was the best thing I ever did. It didn’t take away my control. My presence and ability to supervise were always there, and what you can pick up by watching is incredibly valuable.

“Once I stepped out of the bubble, I became more aware of a range of details, and my performance level jumped. Seeing a change in a player’s habits or a sudden dip in his enthusiasm allowed me to go further with him: Is it family problems? Is he struggling financially? Is he tired? What kind of mood is he in? Sometimes I could even tell that a player was injured when he thought he was fine.

“I don’t think many people fully understand the value of observing, but I came to see observation as a critical part of my management skills. The ability to see things is key or, more specifically, the ability to see things you don’t expect to see.”

Basically both lists have people that played a sideman role very well but there's a reason why Fergie's list doesn't have a manager with more trophies than him and a reason why none of the guys on Kanye's list made a 'College Dropout' or a 'MBDTF' without him.

If Kanye has a vision of how he wants a song to sound and has a melody in his head and gets a Jazz pianist to play it exactly how he wants it I don't see nothing wrong with that. In a debate versus other producers that do everything themselves it will be something that can be used against him but when I'm nodding my head to "that's that crack music...crack music, that real black music...black music" I couldn't care less tbh.

ewww 

excellently put 

It could have been put in a much simpler way:

Great leaders delegate.

End of.

if you like football in particular man united then you would resonate with that post even more 

/

bro why you got to be so negative ALL the time 

i really hope its just some forum persona and you arent like this in real life 

Great leaders delegate.

End of.

if you like football in particular man united then you would resonate with that post even more 

/

It's not negativity. I'm just flabbergasted as to how people discuss basic concepts on here as if they're new pearls of wisdom. Fu

/

Also, if you don't like it, put me on ignore. There is actually a device so that you don't have to read my posts. Use it, and f*ck off out of my radar.

Great leaders delegate.

End of.

/

It's not negativity. I'm just flabbergasted as to how people discuss basic concepts on here as if they're new pearls of wisdom. Fu

/

Also, if you don't like it, put me on ignore. There is actually a device so that you don't have to read my posts. Use it, and f*ck off out of my radar.

i havent put anyone on ignore even nora batty, or thizz when he was a more annoying caps lock infested shitta 

I could ban you like I did before maybe that would help 

you have been very close to being banned again as people were complaining ,

I lobbied against it as at least you bring something different to the forum but 24/7 negativity is very boring indeed

Great leaders delegate.

End of.

/

Dunno if you even get the united reference it was interesting how Agony drew similarities.

Always on some shoot em down business but never seen any sense come from your posts.

So dull, definitely missed a few pats on the head as a child.

Great leaders delegate.

End of.

/

Dunno if you even get the united reference it was interesting how Agony drew similarities.

Always on some shoot em down business but never seen any sense come from your posts.

Fam you've been chasing me around forever. Too many ad hominems, trying to be that forum white knight. But if I caught you and "put it on you" no homo, no VIP2er would be there defending you. Remember that.

Now unless you want me to study your posts to the point I find out your workplace and area of residence and come and find you, I suggest you either ignore me, or stop referring to me.

It would be very easy to find you too, people don't realise what they give away online.

Pathetic

Pathetic

What a sad existence

LOL, this is the new tactic.

Man tun sarf when they know:

1) Aggression is futile

2) They have no information to criticise with

Especially considering he bottled coming to XOYO to call me pasty to my face.

Mate, you asked for my number but wouldn't give yours. Stop talking shite. Let's just agree a public meeting place at a given time. 

Great leaders delegate.

End of.

/

Fam you've been chasing me around forever. Too many ad hominems, trying to be that forum white knight. But if I caught you and "put it on you" no homo, no VIP2er would be there defending you. Remember that.

Now unless you want me to study your posts to the point I find out your workplace and area of residence and come and find you, I suggest you either ignore me, or stop referring to me.

It would be very easy to find you too, people don't realise what they give away online.

Don't chase you at all, just call out bullshit when I see it and will continue to do so.

Put me on ignore or study my posts, don't care either way.

Don't chase you at all, just call out bullshit when I see it and will continue to do so.

What "bullshit" have you actually ever called out? 

I mean, take this thread as an example, all you did was d*ckride John Doe and chime in with his retarded view.

I mean, take this thread as an example, all you did was d*ckride John Doe and chime in with his retarded view.

Had nothing to do with Johns posts, I was replying to yours.

The bullshit being you chiming in whenever someone says anything remotely interesting, you've gotta come in with the 'everyone should know this etc' on a holier than thou vibe.

Always got to act above everything, noone was printing posters of Agony's post, just a couple quotes/Pos'.

• Upvote 1

Had nothing to do with Johns posts, I was replying to yours.

The bullshit being you chiming in whenever someone says anything remotely interesting, you've gotta come in with the 'everyone should know this etc' on a holier than thou vibe.

Always got to act above everything, noone was printing posters of Agony's post, just a couple quotes/Pos'.

Fair enough, posd.