This Is England

Twirl

Hated the fact that the black guy was similar to himself/whitesSo he beat him to deathSMH
umi dnt think soi think he hated the fact that the black guy came from a better family than he did (in his eyes)
maybe both?Agree to disagree?
Both wrong.He did what he did to the black geezer because he couldnt stand the fact, or hide his true feelings anymore due to the black guy not only being just as British as him on the outset, but also had another heritage which he was proud of just the same, but in England. Combo couldnt come to terms with this, and the falseness he gave earlier in the film, he couldnt handle anymore, and showed his true colours.

Hated the fact that the black guy was similar to himself/whitesSo he beat him to deathSMH
umi dnt think soi think he hated the fact that the black guy came from a better family than he did (in his eyes)
Both wrong.He did what he did to the black geezer because he couldnt stand the fact, or hide his true feelings anymore due to the black guy not only being just as British as him on the outset, but also had another heritage which he was proud of just the same, but in England. Combo couldnt come to terms with this, and the falseness he gave earlier in the film, he couldnt handle anymore, and showed his true colours.
so why was he askin milky what he thinks a bad father is?imo he was trying to get milky to inadvertently(sp) describe combo's dad, givin him extra reason to bang him upHe was sayin to him: you got it all, rah rah ur lifes perfecthe was saying these things through jealousy, a constant theme throughout the film

He beat the sh*t out of the black guy!?f*ck! That's a turn I didn't see coming! I should've watched the film properly.
yeah how come you didnt watch it on ch4+1 ?
Knew I wouldn't be able to watch it all as I had a call to make
He beat the sh*t out of the black guy!?f*ck! That's a turn I didn't see coming! I should've watched the film properly.
Should be on 4 on demand...
Good lookin out.

so why was he askin milky what he thinks a bad father is?imo he was trying to get milky to inadvertently(sp) describe combo's dad, givin him extra reason to bang him upHe was sayin to him: you got it all, rah rah ur lifes perfecthe was saying these things through jealousy, a constant theme throughout the film
Let me explain.There are some truths here and there in what you are both saying. But let me also correct something. I don't think that Milky died. If you remember the end of the film Sean's Mother said something along the lines of 'are you worried about Milky? he is going to be alright'. Gumbo felt the way he did because something was made aware to him and that was social 'change'. He picked up propaganda whilst in prison (as you noticed his skin head friend right and then the old man?) and they seemed to have everything bad i.e. prison, unemployment etc. Gumbo did not have any aspirations or a culture to latch on to. He seemed upset that Milky had a culture and no matter how bad things were i.e. His father had all these kids with different women: they still managed to have food on the table and happy Christmas'; whereas his own father probably struggled to make a bean and probably caused a breakdown in family life. He see many white Brits fighting a war and whilst they were doing this, many black Afro/Caribbean and Asians were in nice homes, had jobs and kids like Sean were losing their Father to this war and yet still living in hardship (his one pair of trousers and sh*t clothes).The thing is, it is something that could happen to many white families and that's why many white people come out like Gumbos. It is a sense of feeling threatened that you live within your perimeter and you have your own way of life and culture and then all of a sudden, foreigners are growing in population and their culture expands, with the threat of it possibly over-taking the British culture and to be honest it did and it has. I am white and to be honest, I feel so sad when I try to celebrate my roots and find some sort of British culture to latch on to when many black people and Asians (especially on here) try to tell me that British past was nothing to be proud of and that my culture is eating chips and being racist. I see a lot of Fake white people out there still biting their lip. They have to bite their lip now because of political correctness.

Let me explain.There are some truths here and there in what you are both saying. But let me also correct something. I don't think that Milky died. If you remember the end of the film Sean's Mother said something along the lines of 'are you worried about Milky? he is going to be alright'. Gumbo felt the way he did because something was made aware to him and that was social 'change'. He picked up propaganda whilst in prison (as you noticed his skin head friend right and then the old man?) and they seemed to have everything bad i.e. prison, unemployment etc. Gumbo did not have any aspirations or a culture to latch on to. He seemed upset that Milky had a culture and no matter how bad things were i.e. His father had all these kids with different women: they still managed to have food on the table and happy Christmas'; whereas his own father probably struggled to make a bean and probably caused a breakdown in family life. He see many white Brits fighting a war and whilst they were doing this, many black Afro/Caribbean and Asians were in nice homes, had jobs and kids like Sean were losing their Father to this war and yet still living in hardship (his one pair of trousers and sh*t clothes).The thing is, it is something that could happen to many white families and that's why many white people come out like Gumbos. It is a sense of feeling threatened that you live within your perimeter and you have your own way of life and culture and then all of a sudden, foreigners are growing in population and their culture expands, with the threat of it possibly over-taking the British culture and to be honest it did and it has. I am white and to be honest, I feel so sad when I try to celebrate my roots and find some sort of British culture to latch on to when many black people and Asians (especially on here) try to tell me that British past was nothing to be proud of and that my culture is eating chips and being racist. I see a lot of Fake white people out there still biting their lip. They have to bite their lip now because of political correctness.
fair point.