do u consider mixed race (black&white) people black

Hank Moody

Guest Awesome Kong

^ Yeah but most of the time white dad black mum (wdbm) produce lighter kids, whiter kids but yeah its not a rule or anything but i am quite light but do have black features and always get non blacks asking if im mexican, portuguese, etc whereas black people just know im mixed race

Dunno bout other half breeds but i myself am black, and no im not talking using excessive slang like how some mixed people do, i feel like they are trying to be "extra black" due to white up bringing, i have nothing to prove absolutely f*ck all, im black in my thoughts and in my heart and if other black people see me as mixed or "other" then so be it im black for myself and my family (who all happen to be black) and nobody else. I'm an individual, and I can c/s where KG is coming from, but I couldn't be more comfortable saying im white than saying im black, they are two completely different things to me despite the 50/50 genetics, but I just do me im aware of my irish culture and heritage and embrace it so I can't epathise with "hiding" one side of my background, never entered my thoughts

i cs black ant n mg too but really people are people so its a minor

You're waste, rejecting your white side you know. 50% black 50% white is you.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

fully dn't understand all this case by case basis bull sh*t

or "i consider myself" black or white talk

a black person raised in the whitest area can consider himself white all he wants but he's still black and vice versa

people acting like genetics and heritage is negotiable

nah

u are what u are

now im not saying theres something wrong with identifying with one race more than the other but if sumone asks u what u are i think its a bit funny to say black even though yur mum or dad is straight white

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Generally mixed-race people are more associated with being black than they are being white.

Like you know how people are generally more comfortable around their own race? I'm pretty sure black people are more comfortable around mixed race people than white people are. So I'd say black people find it easier to associate themselves with mixed race people than white people do.

• Upvote 1

fully dn't understand all this case by case basis bull sh*t

or "i consider myself" black or white talk

a black person raised in the whitest area can consider himself white all he wants but he's still black and vice versa

people acting like genetics and heritage is negotiable

nah

u are what u are

now im not saying theres something wrong with identifying with one race more than the other but if sumone asks u what u are i think its a bit funny to say black even though yur mum or dad is straight white

my thoughts exactly

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

My children could never tell me they're black. They'd get a clip round the ear and sent to my Dads for some reality checks mate.

so ur already saying u will have mixed race babies?

spleenos

i can't consider myself or anyone else anything other than what they are. it's funny because when i was working in the us, a lot of people would ask if me if i was black, and were offended when i laughed and said no (laughing because it's a question i'm never asked over here). my roommate was saying to me that she would always refer to herself as a black woman, never mixed, because regardless of her skin colour she's still part of a minority that needs to stick together, and she thought that saying otherwise was sort of putting herself on a pedestal, like 'i'm better than you other blacks because i'm mixed" when in reality most black people are mixed with something down the line. i understood her point, but for me, i could never deny my mother like that. plus i look more white than black so i'd feel a bit ridiculous telling everyone i'm black.

My children could never tell me they're black. They'd get a clip round the ear and sent to my Dads for some reality checks mate.

spleenos

Well I don't plan on leaving my fella so unless I have an affair with a white man then yes, I am.

Don't be jealous because they won't be yours Jim.

spleenos

Are you mad? Have you seen the levels I deal with these days?

spleenos

No but if we REALLY want to go there I've seen the levels you did deal with and you know who I'm talking about and her picture was posted up in one of those "let's laugh at ugly girls" topics.

I've moved on, you should too.

spleenos

No but if we REALLY want to go there I've seen the levels you did deal with and you know who I'm talking about and her picture was posted up in one of those "let's laugh at ugly girls" topics.

Lol. I never dealt with her fwiw, but as I said, I know PDC man that did.

/

I don't understand how my comments mean I haven't moved on. I hate this sort of dumbarse "you mention X therefore you must still be stuck at Y" kind of logic.

spleenos

/

I don't understand how my comments mean I haven't moved on. I hate this sort of dumbarse "you mention X therefore you must still be stuck at Y" kind of logic.

1. Lol ok but good for knowing who I'm on about.

2. You don't know any PDC man. Don't beg PDC it makes you look fat.

3. You're concerned about my future children because you wanted your babies in my belly. It shouldn't matter to you who I have babies with or what shade of the rainbow they are. Clearly, you know I'm engaged to someone which means I will be having kids with them. Get over it.

spleenos

/

1. Lol ok but good for knowing who I'm on about.

2. You don't know any PDC man. Don't beg PDC it makes you look fat.

3. You're concerned about my future children because you wanted your babies in my belly. It shouldn't matter to you who I have babies with or what shade of the rainbow they are. Clearly, you know I'm engaged to someone which means I will be having kids with them. Get over it.

AHHH FACKKKK