do u consider mixed race (black&white) people black

Hank Moody

to the mixed ppl on this forum which side of the family did you get brought up on?

i think being mixed it depends which sort of background you come from

but sayin that, this may sound very stupid coming from a white guy... but growing up in a mainly asian and black/mixed community and most of my white friends being "working class white" i tend to agree with the white culture thing... when i left school and went to college when i first got there i felt terribly uncomfortable around large groups of middle class white ppl... took awhile to fit in

I'm mixed and I find it hard to associate with white culture because frankly I just don't enjoy it, the rock music, the singalongs. Its just not really me.

the singalongs...

LMAO

hahaha i lol'd in real life

that's not 'white culture' though bro. that's english pub culture.

lol yeah aite but that's like saying rap music isn't black culture... its hiphop culture

I'm mixed and I find it hard to associate with white culture because frankly I just don't enjoy it, the rock music, the singalongs. Its just not really me.

the singalongs...

LMAO

What is 'white culture' then?

the singalongs...

LMAO

lol yeah aite but that's like saying rap music isn't black culture... its hiphop culture

well there are plenty of black people who love black culture but hate hip-hop culture

which was kind of my point

ure culture depends on wot endz ure from still.

way u talk ur endz must b the gaza strip?

Neva mentioned my endz.

/

@Natty day wasted 90s yute.

If sum1 mixrace from an affluent area in lyk cheshire or sumwhere hes gunna hav a different culture dan sum1 hu grew up in da bitz lyk stonebridge/geepz/Kensal Rise.

even within london deres cultural differences like east is different to south

• Upvote 1

I'm surprised how many times I've been asked this question actually. 

I see myself as mixed race because that's what I am. If someone asked me I would feel weird saying black as I would saying white.

I've been accused of being ashamed to be black because I don't label myself as a black female and all presumed I was brought up by my white side of the family..

I was brought up by my mums side of the family who are Jamaican, a very large family, very traditional and proud.

I may act a certain way and be more comfortable in certain environments due to what I'm used to but I know who I am and to me it would be insulting for someone to dismiss my White side, half of me. And vice versa.

• Upvote 5

a black American writer once said that all mixed race people are different shades of black.

as there are no shade of white u either are or you ain't...

Haven't read the thread so sorry if this has been covered but that is a f*ck*ng stupid thing to say. I hate the fact that once someone is considered to be a scholar, everything they say is taken as sound and accurate.

That statement implies that white is the norm and we're mutants or offshoots. Not only is it widely known that the truth is the opposite but it's also slightly offensive.

im white i consider them to be black

and fao OP there are different shades of white ppl too, a swedish white person looks very different to a scottish white person to me

a ukranian looks different to an italian

i can even tell the diff between a northerner and a southerner sometimes

i got scouse mates and they can always tell a scouser just by how they look

edit: ive been with plenty of american birds and they always say we english look different to american whites. i dont see it but they do.

being mixed race is similar to being born in one country and having parental heritage from another, it may not just be as simple as being directly affiliated to the country of your birth.

its how your social environment shapes your affinity that matters, even though other people may have different opinions.

i just consider it the best of both worlds, or the worst!

and it also depends on the degree of mix, i.e i am more black than anything else as the mix occurs in my maternal grandmother, while the only mix thats known on father's side is within black. yet the lighty remainsconfused2.gif