Midweek Football

Bale is the best kick and rush player in world football right now.Gerrard is pissed.Modric is by miles spurs best player wtf is he doing in englandseriously needs to be at barca with iniesta and messi.Good to see Bebe get on the score sheet boost his confidence more...wanna see him start against wolves if nani is injSick finish from Obertan but i think he wont be nothing more then a squad playerCarricks best game for ages......i actually think he doesnt give a sh*t no more was sick 06-08 won everything now hunger is goneRafael should be our number 1 right back now the more he plays the better he get and the less foolish mistakes he makes

• Downvote 1

Guest Portuguese

Bale was excellent last night.Football is fickle because it only takes a few good games in nine months to become world class LOL.Another thing Bale should stay@Tottenham for another two years than move to one of england's big two because he would get lost in La Liga.

Modric is by miles spurs best player wtf is he doing in englandseriously needs to be at barca with iniesta and messi.Good to see Bebe get on the score sheet boost his confidence more...wanna see him start against wolves if nani is injCarricks best game for ages......i actually think he doesnt give a sh*t no more was sick 06-08 won everything now hunger is goneRafael should be our number 1 right back now the more he plays the better he get and the less foolish mistakes he makes
c/s
Them Berbatov supporters getting excited over a couple goals what you saying now?
Dont care what anybody says..an absolute SHADOW of the player they brought from Spurs.
mugs
/ Fabio needs games.

Bale is NOT world class. Spurs fans are pissing me off. Their reasoning is he can beat the 'best' rb in the world so he's world class :lol:Bale is on the European map though now. The guy is just a machine, straight power and technique lol

• Upvote 2

Bale has been doing this from Southampton days, why u think Spurs paid £10m for himHes also impressed like this for Wales, even his 1st few games at Spurs when he scored against Fulham & us, just a shame he had the injures and managers lost confidence in him..Thing with Bale is his delivery is superb and coz hes a LB hes not as greedy as other wingers who will try and score but Bale always looks for the cross.Horseface in his prime & Bale wud have been a madnessAlso co-sign the Modric admiration, hes top class, his touch, dribbling skills, drop of the shoulder, movement & strength.. its great that Harry plays him in CM, coz normally in the prem the silky players are pushed out wide or pushed in the hole when their preferred position is CM but managers feel they aint strong enoughThats why wer seeing less of Palacios, yes he does the donkey work in there n has his fair share of quality but he switches off and his ball usage & retention is the poorest outta all the CM players, Harry would rather have players in midfield who can keep the ball n use it well

Really Really Depends Phill Neville dealt with Bale the other week and he is nowhere near the levels of Maicon..... the difference was the instructions he was given on how to deal with the player and the cover he had with another right back infront of himso you cant discredit a player because of the way he fails to deal with a certain opponent as there are a lot of factors to weigh inpersonally i think its dani alves....highly underrated defensively and good going forward but even him he looks a lot better attacking then he actually is the fact he has a player in front of him who on consistently drifts infield leaving the whole right side for him to attack into and the formation played by guardiola going to 3 cbs when attacking allowing him to just concentrate on attacking and not worry about tracking back if the ball is lost high up............. if he played behind an out and out winger he would not be as effective as he is attacking wise and there are better defensive right backs out there so as i said at the beginning it depends it really doesi think this whole english/schoolboy/fanboy idea of this player is the best in the world in this position is played out because different players will excel depending on instructions and formations a right back playing for say arsenal might be good... same right back playing for chelsea could be nothing special and at Barca could be the best in the world.

tbh tho....bale is playing no better than lennon was at the beginning of last season...yeah there might be a few more goals but no where near as many assists, and his final ball is 10x better than lennons as well.

Really Really Depends Phill Neville dealt with Bale the other week and he is nowhere near the levels of Maicon..... the difference was the instructions he was given on how to deal with the player and the cover he had with another right back infront of himso you cant discredit a player because of the way he fails to deal with a certain opponent as there are a lot of factors to weigh inpersonally i think its dani alves....highly underrated defensively and good going forward but even him he looks a lot better attacking then he actually is the fact he has a player in front of him who on consistently drifts infield leaving the whole right side for him to attack into and the formation played by guardiola going to 3 cbs when attacking allowing him to just concentrate on attacking and not worry about tracking back if the ball is lost high up............. if he played behind an out and out winger he would not be as effective as he is attacking wise and there are better defensive right backs out there so as i said at the beginning it depends it really doesi think this whole english/schoolboy/fanboy idea of this player is the best in the world in this position is played out because different players will excel depending on instructions and formations a right back playing for say arsenal might be good... same right back playing for chelsea could be nothing special and at Barca could be the best in the world.
Co-f*ck*ng-sign.

Guest Portuguese

That's why you have to respect guys who excel in more one championship(Italy England Spain).Ozil is right about players fitting into certain systems its like Cannavaro I remembered he struggled in a back four when he joined Inter he was so used to playing as part of three.Maicon is still the best RB in the world he just came up against a guy who played at his maximum level and he couldn't handle the threat these things happen.Bale>MaiconLennon>EvraHeskey>SamuelRonaldo>MaldiniThere is more examples.

You missed my point, or I think I missed yours. I thought you was trying to highlight very highly rated and respected defenders getting mugged off by relative unknown or unrated offensive players. If so Evra has never been that highly rated outside of Manchester & Lennon is far from inferior in status to him. IMO of course.

Guest Portuguese

Heskey/Samuel I am talking about when Roma/Liverpool games. Heskey even took onto the international scene@ World Cup 2002.It was Heskey's power and pace was too much anyways back to the topic.