January Transfer Window (Confirmed Signings And Rumours))

Mame Biram Diouf

Guest Klitschko

Liverpool have rejected a Chelsea bid worth a reported £35million for striker Fernando Torres, according to a spokesperson.The shock story emerged in the early hours of Friday morning ahead of the end of the transfer window on Monday.Chelsea have been linked with several forwards during January, but their interest in Spain star Torres was thought to have cooled since the summer.However, a Liverpool spokesperson has claimed that the defending Premier League champions have attempted an audacious bid for the striker, which has been rejected by their top-flight rivals."Chelsea have made a bid for Fernando which has been turned down," a Liverpool spokesperson told The Times.Not for sale"The player is not for sale."Since Kenny Dalglish has taken charge, Torres, 26, has rediscovered the form which made him a star when he first moved to Liverpool from Atletico Madrid in a club-record deal.Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich is a known long-time admirer of the Spain international but has been unsuccessful in past attempts to lure the player away from Anfield and Liverpool are determined to fend off any new interest. However, it seems likely the Blues will not be disuaded so easily.There has been much speculation about Torres' future but it began to grow after the club finished seventh in the Barclays Premier League last term.He returned to Merseyside as a World Cup winner but, with Chelsea seemingly prepared to make a bid, he insisted his commitment to the Reds was the same as when he signed in the summer of 2007.ClauseHowever, his - and the club's - early-season form did little to dispel those rumours as the striker cut a frustrated and agitated figure on the pitch as Liverpool endured their worst start to a campaign since 1953/54.Matters were not helped when it emerged a £50million buy-out clause had been inserted into his contract - which runs until 2013.But since the appointment of Dalglish to replace Roy Hodgson nearly three weeks ago Torres has looked a rejuvenated player and in his last four matches has scored three times.Owners Fenway Sports Group, who took over the club in October, are keen to invest in the squad to ensure the likes of Torres can satisfy their desire for success with Liverpool.To that end they are still trying to negotiate a deal with Ajax for Uruguay forward Luis Suarez.-----------------SSNI knew I'd miss something once I went to bed. :D

Sky Sports understands that Fernando Torres has asked Liverpool to consider selling him to Chelsea after a bid was rejected in the early hours of Friday morning.The Blues have been admirers of the Spain striker for some time and it has now emerged that they made an audacious attempt to sign him.The offer, believed to be around £35million, was immediately turned down by the Reds, who insisted Torres 'is not for sale'.Reports have claimed that Chelsea will return with an improved offer before Monday's deadline to further test Liverpool's resolve.And Sky Sports' Spanish expert Guillem Balague understands Torres has asked Liverpool to listen to Chelsea's bid.It is thought that Torres would like the opportunity to embark on a new challenge with the reigning Premier League champions after three-and-a-half years at Anfield.No release clauseLiverpool have endured a disappointing past couple of seasons and Torres is keen to play for a club that is challenging for major honours.The final decision will rest with the Reds though, with Balague insisting there is no release clause in Torres' contract following suggestions that an offer of £50million would trigger a transfer.Liverpool have made their position clear and it remains to be seen whether Torres' apparent wishes will be taken into consideration.The 26-year-old has cut a forlorn figure at times this season but appears revitalised under new manager Kenny Dalglish and is returning to something approaching his best form.Chelsea are keen to partner him with Didier Drogba in what be a formidable strikeforce and Torres reportedly hopes the two clubs will start to negotiate.
snapppp

Im sure Kenny will pull Torres aside and ask him what is going on, i trust Kenny 100%, i just thank god its not Roy pulling him to a side...No way in hell we will sell Torres in the next 3 days.Jan 9th...

FERNANDO TORRES has broken his silence on the Anfield turmoil to plead with fans: Don’t give up on us.As a bad season turned worse with Wednesday’s defeat at Blackburn, lame duck boss Roy Hodgson paid with his job yesterdaty, ending a painful six-month reign.Now one of the first tasks for fans’ ­favourite Kenny Dalglish will be to help an out-of-sorts Torres ­recapture his form.But while the Spaniard acknowledges the team have not matched the standards expected from Liverpool, he claims there is still time to turn things around.And in a frank interview, Torres insisted:● He WILL NOT leave the club in this transfer window;● That the fans need to GET BEHIND the team now more than ever.Torres even promised to discuss a ­contract extension with Liverpool’s owners NESV at the end of the season – despite continuing rumours that he and the rest of Anfield’s Spanish contingent were still upset at former manager Rafa Benitez’s departure.The 26-year-old striker quashed ­suspicions that he is desperate to desert the sinking Anfield ship and wants Reds fans to remain loyal as well.He said: “More than ever, we need to stick together. We must live in the present, from match to match.“We need to add more points, win ­matches and improve our standing in the table.“That is our challenge and I demand the total help of our supporters in doing that.“My head is in Liverpool and on helping to save our season. I am a professional and I always fulfil my deals.“I haven’t considered leaving, although in football that always depends on the club.“Liverpool had a lot of success under Rafa Benitez and that is difficult for ­anyone to follow. Even if the ball hasn’t always dropped our way this season, we have missed out in a lot of matches.”Hodgson knew for weeks that his Anfield ­departure was inevitable but Torres insists he should have been given longer to make his mark.He said: “A new project in just a few months is never easy. At Liverpool, ­winning is customary ... but that is also our handicap.“Who is culpable for our defeats? The coach and the players but it is possible to change things round.“Our work this season has been ­damaged by injuries and the nerves which have been created by our bad results.“I am in good physical condition and with each game I just want to start scoring more goals again.”Torres and his new boss can take their minds off the Premier League fight today ... but come up against Manchester United in the FA Cup.And the Spaniard clings to the hope that ­victory could reignite their season.He said: “Morally, it would be enormous to eliminate United at Old Trafford, ­although it will not be easy.”And the striker, whatever he may say, would love to get one over on Sir Alex Ferguson, after the United boss accused him of trying to get John O’Shea sent off the last time the two sides met.Torres insisted: “I’m not worried – I am an honest player.”
We will see

Guest Klitschko

Lmao about Song > Maschereno.Only if we are talking either height, or melanin.Maschereno >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SongAs DM's of course.If Masch came to Arsenal the Premier League soon would.

• Upvote 1

part of the fab deal mash 12 month loanfab signs in junewould be a sick deal from arsenal

• Downvote 1

Rumors of Maschereno to Arsenal.
song >>>> Mascherenolooks like Denielsons off then
no words
Wowzers
i actually came in here earlier, saw that, shook my head and quickly exited, didnt deserve a post.