Why Chinese mothers are superior

carpedeum

comes down to the chinese inherently having a high work ethic anyway. Its in their culture so we wouldnt understand as much.

but balance is needed tho, she goes in.

if ur doing group work at uni im sitting right next to them chinese, f*ck the rest

Love to here people views on this, is it true, and if so why is it?

not dissagreeing but just wanna know people views

IMO When you come from a country where opportunities aren't as readily given to you and things aren't as easy to come by (as in this one) you develop a mentality (seen in pretty much most developing countries) where education is important because it gives you money, and money = freedom. The obvious exceptions are those who choose an 'easier' route but generally education is much more valued.

As for buying a 4 year old a TV for his bedroom, LOL.

please dont get me started lol,

trust me when i say this arguement went on for about 2 weeks, the relationship will never be the same,

comes down to the chinese inherently having a high work ethic anyway. Its in their culture so we wouldnt understand as much.

if ur doing group work at uni im sitting right next to them chinese, f*ck the rest

IMO When you come from a country where opportunities aren't as readily given to you and things aren't as easy to come by (as in this one) you develop a mentality (seen in pretty much most developing countries) where education is important because it gives you money, and money = freedom. The obvious exceptions are those who choose an 'easier' route but generally education is much more valued.

i think it has little to do with being from a developing country

why don't kids from the caribbean do as well chinese kids then?

we can see it right in front of us that they go the extra mile

in Outliers it was mentioned their ancestors spent hours in rice paddies, the longer they spent the more rice they could sell and eat and developed the idea extra hard work = extra success. whoevers read it correct me if im wrong

The idea of harder work = better payout isn't alien though, everyone knows that.

It's who's taken it on board though. When you start bringing in class/what generation of immigrants from a country we're at/family values etc. it becomes clearer but also much more open to arguments so it's not really a road worth going down on here.

please dont get me started lol,

trust me when i say this arguement went on for about 2 weeks, the relationship will never be the same,

correct me if im wrong

but it's not really your position to tell a next parent how to raise their child

• Downvote 1

Thats the thing, I was told about the 4 year old being bought a TV for his room by an excited mother, and when i didnt share in this excitment a disscussion then arguement developed

it wasn't some random woman i saw in Curry's and i just thought lemme put my two pence worth in,

and in light of the telling parents how to raise their children, i'm a firm believer that when you see a friend making a massive mistake you should alert them to it. i aint one of thee sit down and watch others drown kinda guy,

Does anyone in here think its a good idea to but a child who turnt 4 in December a Tv for their room?

i mean honestly, come on, certain people make some really dumb decisions,

and their excuse is, "I love my son and my parents did the same for me" now this wouldnt be so bad, however when the person in question come outa school with no qualifications, hada a yout with some wasteman who dont help her at all and the only good thing to come from said persons life is her yout,

buying a 4 year old a TV for their bedroom by definition is basically saying ok, lil man you jam in here while im other in the other room,

fo a child who just turnt 4 thats a serious d*ckhead ting, surely in anyones book.

• Upvote 1

Guest Waka Flocka Dave

cnt even read that sh*t ffs, why is it grey?

my parents used to be strict(ish), didnt quite work, was academically good growin up, then i hit an avalanche n just didnt care anymore

Thats the thing, I was told about the 4 year old being bought a TV for his room by an excited mother, and when i didnt share in this excitment a disscussion then arguement developed

it wasn't some random woman i saw in Curry's and i just thought lemme put my two pence worth in,

and in light of the telling parents how to raise their children, i'm a firm believer that when you see a friend making a massive mistake you should alert them to it. i aint one of thee sit down and watch others drown kinda guy,

Does anyone in here think its a good idea to but a child who turnt 4 in December a Tv for their room?

and their excuse is, "I love my son and my parents did the same for me" now this wouldnt be so bad, however when the person in question come outa school with no qualifications, hada a yout with some wasteman who dont help her at all and the only good thing to come from said persons life is her yout,

buying a 4 year old a TV for their bedroom by definition is basically saying ok, lil man you jam in here while im other in the other room,

fo a child who just turnt 4 thats a serious d*ckhead ting, surely in anyones book.

Youre the type of friend that i respect. I have friends like you.

Dispite not having experience in a certain area they will add their two pence and i trust them and respect them enough to not snap at them and use some insecure saying such as ''dont tell me how to raise my child / come back when you have a child''

EG a lil while back my bredrin noted to me that my son ( now 17months old) thinks everything is a game and when im telling him off, i need to differentiate my voice and tone more often to convey that i'm serious. That's just an example, he isnt around my son too often, but he noticed it, and felt that he could say it, and i appreciated it. i'm a person who likes being helpfully reminded about things/hopw i can improve, as im alswys trying help other people (not always seen as being helpful though) and its nice to receive it as i know that its coming from a good place.

Regrading the TV issue. I wont be giving my son a tv. Had this issue alreafssdy with my dad and his overbearing ''girlfriend

nah negd. he'd rather be a tramp smoking all day than be succesful

i've had many conversations due to my work in certain area,s and without trying to insult anyone, this view seems very popular even with people my age who are in a wasted position, they claim they wouldn't change anything "coz it all made them the person they are today" then you switch the script and ask them are you happy about the person you are today, Invariably the answer tends to be No. ask them why and what they couldve done to change it, the answer usually is "couldve tried harder and paid more attention in school rather than focussing on the things they were, #

then you go on to ask them why they dont change now, they then proceed to spout some half hearted low self esteem nonsence about it being too late for them, (all this at the age of say 21) but commit to making sure their children dont follow the same path,

its a convo ive had dozens of times with people of all different ages up to about 23

My dad made both me and my sis learn piano when we were really young and we really enjoyed it. But then he sucked all the fun out of it after a while by complaining we weren't practicing enough and going ape sh*t whenever we made a mistake. It began to feel like boring work. When i hit secondary school and threw in the towel and said i wasn't doing it anymore. He was pissed, lol.

I regret quitting now though. Madness to think i was as young as 7 playing on a grand piano to church congregations but i never realised it at the time.

that couldve been a serious thing its a shame you stopped, i agree about dislike for something growing when the fun's sucked out and too much pressure is applied, but saying that i'd imagine because of this experience you'll know how to go about it when your dealing with it with your kids,

its all a learning process onwards and upwards.

In conclusion, these methods in the article definitly shouldnt be dissmissed, and should be looked at, but a balance has to be kept,

(common sense really) However in each situation the individual child should be dealt with depending on the way the learn and perfrom best.

the musical instrument thing is something i'm definitly gonna get involved in with my kids,

too much focus and attention is paid to TV and computer games when dealing with kids, human interaction in my opinion is a lot more beneficial.

Good post

Pos

c/s.

/

my mum was pretty strict

but she encouraged me to give myself options

she did get aggy when i made mistakes on the piano but i carried on playing through secondary

think its offkey to stop them particpating in school plays and not encouraging sports

its all about making your child a well rounded individual

this is the main thing,

something that a lot of Parents forget, and their ready made excuse is i Love my child and i want them to be happy so i'll give them and allow them to do what they want,

peopele need to start balancing needs and wants, as in certain situations one is more important than the other

Lol, I wasn't allowed a tv in my room until I could afford to buy my own at 17. Even then I had to promise not to spend all my time in my room. And during primary school times I was allowed to watch 3 cbbc programs a day and had to pick them before hand. :(

• Upvote 1

Guest Flat Eric

this is the main thing,

something that a lot of Parents forget, and their ready made excuse is i Love my child and i want them to be happy so i'll give them and allow them to do what they want,

peopele need to start balancing needs and wants, as in certain situations one is more important than the other

strong post

Lol, I wasn't allowed a tv in my room until I could afford to buy my own at 17. Even then I had to promise not to spend all my time in my room. And during primary school times I was allowed to watch 3 cbbc programs a day and had to pick them before hand. :(

and look where thats got you today bro you should say thankyou

• Upvote 1

buying a 4 year old a TV for their bedroom by definition is basically saying ok, lil man you jam in here while im other in the other room, 5

Depends completely on the parent or person looking after the child. Cant really sit and claim that buying a child of that age a tv for their room is stupid when u dont know the rules in place set by the parent regarding the tv. Maybe the woman in question that you spoke to on the subject yes, but the same doesnt go for everyone tbh. If the parents gonna use the tv as a f*ck*ng babysitter then yeah its stupidity but some parents want to allow their kids to watch their own films and programmes in their own room sometimes. My nephew is four and has a tv in his room, but he doesnt even watch it that much. There are rules in place that mean he isnt able to just sit in his room and watch tv from the time he gets home from school to the time he has to go to bed, more important things always come first and he doesnt take it as i have a tv i can watch it when i want. Cant really throw everyone in that situation into one big group and act asif buying a tv for a child that ages room = the child in the room watching their tv so parents/guardians dont have to do anything. some parents will be this stupid and lazy, its not the same for everyone atall.

If your gonna be f*ck*ng lazy about it and use the tv as a way to avoid doing anything yourself of course theyre gonna end up failing in school, not everyones that stupid to buy a tv for their child with this way of thinking. Cant really look at it so one sided, same goes with buying your child anything that can easily distract them, if your not gonna put smart rules in place then your own stupidity is whats gonna mess up your childs future.

• Upvote 2