Ronaldo Retires - R9 Appreciation Thread

Kompressor

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Portuguese

Brazil legend Ronaldo will take to the pitch one final time on June 7 against Romania in a farewell friendly.

The CBF (Brazilian Football Federation) confirmed the game will take place at the Pacaembu Stadium in Sao Paulo.

CBF president Ricardo Teixeira said upon the announcement: "Ronaldo deserves a farewell game with the Brazil shirt in his own country and I am certain it will be a great celebration."

Ronaldo retired from the game last month and he will be honoured for his services to the Selecao.

During his career with Brazil, Ronaldo played in four World Cups, between 1994 and 2006, scoring a total of 15 goals to becoming the highest scoring player at finals tournaments in the competition's history.

He won the trophy twice in 1994 and 2002, losing the final to France in 1998.

B)B)B):Y::Y::Y::Y:

Guest Portuguese

If it was being played on the continent I would of reached !!!!

But if it was this game it would of been special but still going regardless

Scotland will play a friendly with Brazil at Arsenal's Emirates Stadium on Sunday 27 March.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Portuguese

Ronaldo Wants To Represent Brazil Talents Lucas And Neymar

Ronaldo is looking to recruit Brazilian prodigies Neymar and Lucas for his new sporting agency.

By Daniel Edwards

Mar 15, 2011 6:27:00 PM

Photo GalleryZoom

Ronaldo, Vicente Del Bosque, Real Madrid

Related Links

Teams

Brazil

Santos

Sao Paulo

Players

Neymar

Lucas

Recently retired football legend Ronaldo has revealed his desire to start representing young Brazilian talents, and set his sights on teenage prodigies Lucas and Neymar as his first clients.

Neymar, of Santos, and Sao Paulo's Lucas are two of the hottest prospects in Brazilian football at the current time, and their potent partnership was a key factor in the Selecao lifting February's South American U20 Championships and qualifying for the Olympic Games.

Former Barcelona, Real Madrid, Milan and Inter star Ronaldo knows perhaps better than anyone the pressure on youngsters in the football-mad country, and believes that by entering the notoriously cut-throat business he can help safeguard the futures of such players through his agency '9ine'.

"We are experiencing a large demand from the best athletes in Brazil. At the start we are not going to be able to attend to everyone and we will have to select a few. Neymar and Lucas interest us, because they will be the future of Brazilian football and should be playing in the 2014 World Cup," 'O Fenomeno' told Radio Bandeirante on Tuesday afternoon.

The double World Cup winner went on to reveal that he had already started talking with Lucas' father Jorge Rodrigues, who helps administer the 18-year-old's career along with agent Wagner Ribeiro- also the representative of Neymar.

"They got in contact, but nothing is concrete. They only left a message and now I have to wait. We are open but we need to meet with Sao Paulo, without putting any pressure on."

Guest Portuguese

Ronaldo Wants To Represent Brazil Talents Lucas And Neymar

Ronaldo is looking to recruit Brazilian prodigies Neymar and Lucas for his new sporting agency.

Recently retired football legend Ronaldo has revealed his desire to start representing young Brazilian talents, and set his sights on teenage prodigies Lucas and Neymar as his first clients.

Neymar, of Santos, and Sao Paulo's Lucas are two of the hottest prospects in Brazilian football at the current time, and their potent partnership was a key factor in the Selecao lifting February's South American U20 Championships and qualifying for the Olympic Games.

Former Barcelona, Real Madrid, Milan and Inter star Ronaldo knows perhaps better than anyone the pressure on youngsters in the football-mad country, and believes that by entering the notoriously cut-throat business he can help safeguard the futures of such players through his agency '9ine'.

"We are experiencing a large demand from the best athletes in Brazil. At the start we are not going to be able to attend to everyone and we will have to select a few. Neymar and Lucas interest us, because they will be the future of Brazilian football and should be playing in the 2014 World Cup," 'O Fenomeno' told Radio Bandeirante on Tuesday afternoon.

The double World Cup winner went on to reveal that he had already started talking with Lucas' father Jorge Rodrigues, who helps administer the 18-year-old's career along with agent Wagner Ribeiro- also the representative of Neymar.

"They got in contact, but nothing is concrete. They only left a message and now I have to wait. We are open but we need to meet with Sao Paulo, without putting any pressure on."

Guest M12 Part 2

Yeah the other Lucas the New Kaka but not this Lucas.

This Lucas>>>Lucas P soon of Chelsea from Jan 2012

Why do report news stories as if you're some insider.

you're not based in Brazil or any country that allows you to watch Brazillian reserve/academy games., so all you know about these players is youtube clips and press articles. stop gassing

• Downvote 1

Guest Portuguese

They both called Lucas and they both play for sao paulo?

#confusing.

Yeah they both go by the name of Lucas and play at Sao Paulo/Brazil U20 but the Chelsea bound one has added his surname.

This Lucas mentioned in the article will play against Scotland next weekend.

Guest Portuguese

Yeah the other Lucas the New Kaka but not this Lucas.

This Lucas>>>Lucas P soon of Chelsea from Jan 2012

Why do report news stories as if you're some insider.

you're not based in Brazil or any country that allows you to watch Brazillian reserve/academy games., so all you know about these players is youtube clips and press articles. stop gassing

For one Lucas isn't a reserve/academy player anymore he plays for the first team.

I choose to watch games via streams but now Premier Sports is showing SA games I shall be watching via that.

When I compared the Lucas's I compared based on what I saw in the SA U20 and the way one of them got a call to Selecao the other didn't.

I just don't understand why people like to fire uneccessary shots and another thing I don't rate players based on youtube/media hype/forum hype/two games/articles.

After all I did is compare two players whom I have actually seen play.

Guest Portuguese

The Brazilian football legend Ronaldo has signed UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva as the first client in his newly-created sports management agency. It signals a massive shift in mainstream acceptance for the sport in that country, and indicates the level of interest Ronaldo and his team believe will be generated in mixed martial arts as the sport grows.

UFC was banned from Globo tv, the main sports television network for almost a decade, and with a UFC event taking place in Rio di Janeiro this summer, the latest news from Ronaldo will be a major filip for the pioneers in that country. Brazil has an intrinsic link with the sport, dating back to the involvement of the Gracie family, and others, with the martial arts of jiu jitsu, luta livre and capoeira.

Ronaldo is also expected to add the Brazilian football stara Kaká, Neymar and Pato on his books at the close of the season.

Anderson Silva is widely considered the No 1 pound for pound fighter in the sport. The former international striker unveiled his new agency – called ‘9INE’ after his Real Madrid shirt – earlier this week and said he was ‘honoured’ to have UFC king Anderson on the books.

Ronaldo said: “This is a very exclusive sports agency; we will represent only the very greatest athletes in the world. They will all be the elite of their sports. We expect to have no more than 20 clients and to generate around US$30 million a year for our athletes within the next four years.”

He added: “Anderson Silva is a phenomenon. He is the greatest fighter in his sport and one of the world’s greatest athletes. 9INE is excited to have ‘the Spider’ as our first client.”

Silva said: “The UFC and mixed martial arts is really growing in Brazil and with a Brazilian sports legend like Ronaldo endorsing the sport, it will only help grow the sport to be as big here as it is in the US and across the world. “We are trying to show that MMA is a serious sport, that requires heavy training and dedication. That MMA is a contact sport and not violence. And Ronaldo decided to join in and do his part. If we can achieve it together, would be like a beautiful goal. To me, football is violent. Look to what Ronaldo went through in his career because of injuries. I have never had a serious injury fighting, only that brocken rib training, but never inside the ring or the cage. But I already hurt myself many times playing football.”

Silva has been supreme as UFC middleweight Champion since October 2006, the longest ever title-run in UFC history. He also had the longest ever winning streak in the mixed martial arts organisation, with 13 fights in a row.

Ronaldo hinted 9INE has already lined up a US$5million men’s grooming commercial for the Rio based Silva, who may fight Manchester’s Michael Bisping later this year.

By the way

http://www.soccertvlive.net/watch/55806/1/watch-ca-bragantino-vs-santos-fc.html

• 2 months later...
Guest FA23

BRAZIL vs ROMANIA

RONALDOS FAREWELL

1.50AM - JUNE 8TH (tuesday night)

12427242520.jpg

SAO PAULO (AP) — Retired striker Ronaldo gets nervous just thinking about his upcoming farewell match with Brazil's national team.

Ronaldo said Monday he knows his emotions will get the best of him when he officially bids farewell to the Brazil squad in Tuesday's friendly against Romania.

"I'm so nervous that I'm shaking," Ronaldo said after he was honored by the Brazilian football federation for his services with the national team. "I'm moved already."

He said he can't imagine how it will feel to wear the famed No. 9 yellow jersey one last time.

"I don't think I'm prepared for this goodbye," Ronaldo said. "I owe a lot to the Brazilian national team. From the beginning it opened doors for me all over the world."

The match against Romania is part of Brazil's preparations for next month's Copa America, so Ronaldo will play only a few minutes on Tuesday. He is expected to enter the match in the 30th minute, then will be honored in a ceremony at halftime at the Pacaembu stadium.

"It would be a dream to say goodbye scoring a goal," Ronaldo said, not hiding that he will be hoping for a penalty kick to make things easier. "I'm already telling my teammates, 'Go down as soon as you get inside the penalty area.'"

Ronaldo will likely play along with young sensation Neymar, who is touted as his replacement in the Brazilian national team.

The 34-year-old Ronaldo retired from football in February after an 18-year career, saying he couldn't stay fit anymore. He played in four World Cups and remains the competition's all-time leading scorer with 15 goals.

Ronaldo led Brazil to the 2002 World Cup title in South Korea and Japan and was a member of the squad that won the 1994 tournament in the United States.

His last official match with Brazil was in the 2006 World Cup in Germany, where Brazil lost to France in the quarterfinals. His last club was Brazil's Corinthians, which is also expected to honor Ronaldo on Tuesday.1907178-2062-atm14.jpg