Bank Holiday Week 34 / CL Semis

Guest FA23

Barcelona midfielder Andres Iniesta has been ruled out of Wednesday's Champions League semi-final first leg against Real Madrid through injury.Coach Pep Guardiola confirmed at tonight's pre-match press conference that the Spain international will not be available for the clash at the Bernabeu.The Catalan side are already without Eric Abidal, Adriano, Maxwell and Bojan Krkic, while Carles Puyol and Gabriel Milito have both been struggling with injuries recently.

Chris Foy will officiate Arsenal v Man Utd on Sunday. Man Utd's PL record with Foy as the referee is W14 D4 L0Arsenal's PL record with Foy as the referee is W14 D1 L1. The loss was 1-3 to Man Utd at Emirates last season.Foy also officiated the FA Cup quarter final against Man Utd this season.

Mourinho's Barca counterpart, Pep Guardiola, had expressed his concerns ahead of the upcoming clash between the two sides about the possibility of referee Pedro Proenca being handed the duties, before Uefa chose to appoint Germany's Wolfgang Stark as the man in charge of the encounter.The Spaniard had been left less than impressed with a decision that saw Pedro's goal being ruled as offside during the Copa del Rey final, but replays showed that the referee's assistant had made the correct decision.Mourinho said: "Until now we had two groups of managers."A very small group who don't speak about refs and a big group of managers like me who criticise refs when they make important mistakes."Now, with Pep's statements, we are entering a new era with a new group that only has one member - and they criticise referees who got a decision right."For me, it's a consequence of one thing. In his first season as manager, he lived the scandal of Stamford Bridge and, from that moment on, he's not happy when refs get it right. "Last year, he faced Inter who played with 10 players for more than an hour. This year, he had one foot outside the Champions League and we saw what happened with Arsenal."In the cup final, when the ref had one decision which was absolutely correct, he criticises it."

Guest M12 Part 2
Mourinho's Barca counterpart, Pep Guardiola, had expressed his concerns ahead of the upcoming clash between the two sides about the possibility of referee Pedro Proenca being handed the duties, before Uefa chose to appoint Germany's Wolfgang Stark as the man in charge of the encounter.The Spaniard had been left less than impressed with a decision that saw Pedro's goal being ruled as offside during the Copa del Rey final, but replays showed that the referee's assistant had made the correct decision.Mourinho said: "Until now we had two groups of managers."A very small group who don't speak about refs and a big group of managers like me who criticise refs when they make important mistakes."Now, with Pep's statements, we are entering a new era with a new group that only has one member - and they criticise referees who got a decision right."For me, it's a consequence of one thing. In his first season as manager, he lived the scandal of Stamford Bridge and, from that moment on, he's not happy when refs get it right. "Last year, he faced Inter who played with 10 players for more than an hour. This year, he had one foot outside the Champions League and we saw what happened with Arsenal."In the cup final, when the ref had one decision which was absolutely correct, he criticises it."
Mourinho is f*cked.,askdjiasjdisajiloaladas

Guest haze-e

Predictions for the small game tonight (Seeing as the big one was last night)I hope Madrid take something tbh. Would like to see Mourinho and Ronaldo in the final.

This been posted?

Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola hit back at Real Madrid counterpart Jose Mourinho as a stunning war of words erupted between the rival coaches ahead of tomorrow's Champions League semi-final first leg.Speaking earlier today, Mourinho launched a stinging attack on Guardiola regarding comments the Barca coach was supposed to have made about certain refereeing decisions.Mourinho, referring to an example following last week's Copa del Rey final between Madrid and Barca regarding a disallowed Pedro Rodriguez goal for offside, said Guardiola had created a new group of coaches - one that criticises officials when they make correct decisions."Up until now we've had two groups of coaches," said the Portuguese. "[There's] a very small group who didn't talk about referees. Then there's a larger group, of which I'm included, of coaches that criticises referees when they make big mistakes."And with Pep's statements we've come to a third group, which is a one person group, who criticises good decisions made by the referee. I've never seen this before."Guardiola refused to take the comments lying down, though, and launched an angry response during his press conference this evening.The Barca coach said: "Tomorrow at 8.45 we will meet each other on the pitch. Off the pitch he has already won."In this room (press room), he's the f****** chief, the f****** man, the person who knows everything about the world and I don't want to compete with him at all."It's a type of game I'm not going to play because I don't know how."I won't justify my words. I congratulated Madrid for the cup that they won deservedly on the pitch and against a team that I represent and of which I feel very proud."He added: "Off the pitch, he has already won, as he has done all year."On the pitch, we'll see what happens."