E3

Mr. Gayle

Guest Esquilax

I remember watching gadget show and they had a split screen where you could watch BBC2 on one side of the sofa, and whoever on the other side could watch Ninja Warrior just by looking at it froma diff angle

Was mental

Lol other TV's have done it recently, Sony didn't say they were only ones. You guys are just getting salty now or something.

/

The monitor will offer a 5,000:1 contrast ratio, 176-degree viewing angle and 4ms response time. It will be a 1080p, LED-edge-lit LCD screen that boasts two HDMI inputs, stereo speakers and an integrated subwoofer. The glasses will charge via USB.

/

I plan on copping one, shall replace my current dual monitor with something better. Two HDMI Inputs means I can put a Slim nearby too at some point.

Because they're trying to sell a new TV where that feature is available, but someone's done it at home with some broken cinema glasses

oh right, i thought this was the new ps3 feature, so someone's done it by them selves? that's sick.

Lol other TV's have done it recently, Sony didn't say they were only ones. You guys are just getting salty now or something.

/

The monitor will offer a 5,000:1 contrast ratio, 176-degree viewing angle and 4ms response time. It will be a 1080p, LED-edge-lit LCD screen that boasts two HDMI inputs, stereo speakers and an integrated subwoofer. The glasses will charge via USB.

/

I plan on copping one, shall replace my current dual monitor with something better. Two HDMI Inputs means I can put a Slim nearby too at some point.

nah i dont think they are salty, its just they want you to purchase their screen, when if you currently have a 3d tv you can get the same outcome.

If you had a tv that could do that but didnt know, then went out to purchase their one which is like half the size you would be pissed.

/

/

"It also comes with a truly UNIQUE technology that allows 2 people playing a game to see individual unique full-screen images rather than a split screen image."

/

/

"It also comes with a truly UNIQUE technology that allows 2 people playing a game to see individual unique full-screen images rather than a split screen image."

Doesn't exactly scream "Only on the Playstation and Sony platform will you able to do this".

• Downvote 1

/

/

nah i dont think they are salty, its just they want you to purchase their screen, when if you currently have a 3d tv you can get the same outcome.

If you had a tv that could do that but didnt know, then went out to purchase their one which is like half the size you would be pissed.

Surely you'd think they would've boasted about it then no?

When Tretton said "unique" he could've meant it in the context of they're the only ones doing this monitor in the console space since it's got propriety features aswell , or that they're part of the 3 companies that can develop active shutter tech in which how this stuff works with (notice the video saying his TV is passive so it's different to the actual monitor) or whatever.

It was PR talk nonetheless. If you didn't know about this stuff beforehand, I can see how you could be mislead in to thinking that but this happens every time in the keynotes.